Secret Santa 2013

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just found out my Girlfriend was hiding another package from me, it came from US Composites. I pretty sure my SS was Blackbrandt! Thanks BB!

As a UK Citizen, I reserve the right to open my Secret Santa at 00:00 GMT. That's in less than an hour!

Why do you think it was me?

:confused:

Sweet. Getting one for my SS, and one for me...

Ordered some fiberglass cloth for my SS.

Shipped another package to my SS yesterday... Expect 2 packages.

:)

I received two packages, one from Archetype Rocketry and another from US composites. I have not open them but I am pretty sure what they are. Thanks BB it was just what I needed.

First Secret Santa pressie OPENED!!

This is a "cheat" as I selected it, ordered it, etc... coz my wife gets so caught up in kidz xmas that she usually forgets me. This year I pre-empt'ed that one and ordered myself something from her, then when it turned up, I covered it in SECRET SANTA, DO NOT OPEN TIL XMAS, labels. Sneaky me.

so.... wot was it??

Art Applewhite 38mm Stealth!! I really wanted the 54mm but I couldn't persuade myself that wifey would be happy with me burning $100+ motors sending a cardboard box into the air. 38mm is a perfect tradeoff. This is SCREAMING for an I125 Longburn, and an I223 Skid!

I open mine, and I find a note saying:
Matt, Here are enough parts to build a shortwave radio set (or a rocket).
PS, the chute I ordered from Rockets-R-Us is on backorder.

Confuzzlefied, there are no electronics in the box...
:confused:

However, what WAS in the box was a Box of Parts from Semroc, which contained:
1.5 inch diameter nose cone
1.5 inch body tube
29mm body tube
Centering Rings
Shock Cord
Basswood sheet

Now I have to figure out a scratch build...

YOU ROCK SECRET SANTA!!!!

I received two packages, one from Archetype Rocketry and another from US composites. I have not open them but I am pretty sure what they are. Thanks BB it was just what I needed.
Just wondering, why were you stalking my posts?

I got a

Estes Nike smoke

Estes leviathan

2 yards of 6 oz glass

Thanks secret Santa

Thanks To My SS (Arizona Sportsman) for Enough fun Estes parts to keep me busy for Months! And A bonus too!!

Super Thanks!

well time to stalk a few more peoples profiles to see who is from Arizona :dark:

Last edited:
Scored a Fliskits Decim8 and an Edmunds CiCi! The winter build pile just keeps getting bigger! Thanks,Secret Santa and thanks Papa Elf and Merry Christmas to all!

I got a 2013 Mustang! Or some year.

View attachment 157517
I will post my Secret Santa guess in a few minutes right after I hack into Hobbylinc's customer database. Thank you, SS!

Last edited:
I have no idea who my secret santa was, or even where to begin guessing, but I got a Missileworks RRC3 Extreme! Thank you very much whomever you are! :grin:

MAWwZ42h.jpg

Braden

My SS nailed it for a scratcher like me!
11 Nose cones, including some (for a LPR like me) BIG ones
11 sheets of balsa
6 assorted body tubes
Some GREAT decals (that SUMO decal is really cool!) My wife of course prefers the Diamond decal. Go figure
3 chutes,
MPC ASP-1 rocket (looks fast just on the cover sheet!)
Paintbrushes
Lifetime supply of Q-tips (my wife is eyeing those)
3 Estes chutes plus my favorite color of mylar for homemades
Bunch of strongest shock cord I've ever used
Craft sticks for messing with glue and stuff
Easy adjust clamp
Tube adapters
Some flexible sandpaper (haven't tried this kind yet, looks like it will really be helpful for sanding weird shapes.)

And a couple of dowels, just in time for the Box of Parts Contest!

for my SS if was guessing RWmarlow, since the box came from Georgia and that's the only Secret Santa poster from Georgia. But later posts suggest he might be BB's SS.

I'll have to cogitate some more.

Anyway, THANKS! Was perfect.
IMG_3804.jpg
Merry Christmas everybody!
Tom

Last edited:
I have no clue who my SS is but, THANK YOU!!!
The Madcow Jayhawk is AWESOME!!!
I can't wait to start building but I must finish other projects first.
Namely an old stick & tissue Comet P-38 Lightning that I am building for a friend.
Thank you again!

Well, still no sign of my gift yet, but I did have my JonRocket freebie to open, which was really cool. So a big thanks to the guys at Jon Rocket for the knife set. I really liked the custom wrapping paper and logo on the set too!

-Dave

Merry Christmas everyone! Just don't breathe this post too deeply as we are all down and out with the flu and/or my current affliction, pneumonia.

My SS sent me some reloads! G53, G64, G76 Woo Hoo! I really like the G53 and hadn't tried the G64 or G76! Thank you SS and thank you to Jonsrocket for the gift for ordering through you.

Oh and as far as guessing goes... It wouldn't be fair as their was an invoice in the box that includes more than enough information to single him out. Thanks Gregg! And thank you TRF and Papa Elf for organizing this! Only my TRF pals would buy reloads for Christmas (It was on my wishlist for both mine and my wife's families and I think they are all too scared to order or handle them) This was fun and I look forward to this for next year.

Merry Christmas everyone!
~Justin

I got to open the three wrapped gifts from JonRocket.com. A Semroc Amazing Point, an Estes High-Flyer XL, and a Quest MLAS. All three are LPR kits that I've had on my "to get" list for a while. (After I work down my "to build" pile.) THANKS SS, whoever you are!

(I have a point already, but it got crushed at it's last launch, so I've been wanting to get a replacement.)

OMG ... Thank you, thank you, thank you, .......

I guessed correctly, I got a Jart!!

But... not just a Jart, it's Black Profusion Jart, with a 38mm MMT and a FW black nosecone! WOW WOW WOW Thanks again.....

Now, methinks that I run some rocksim files, but I do believe I see a 2 stage Jart this year, 38mm to 38mm!

Thank you again Papa Elf, and seeing as this got delivered direct from Wildman, I have no idea who it came from, THANKS...

DSC00023_resize.jpg

DSC00024_resize.jpg

Back