Secret Santa 2022

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Haven't yet received anything, but that's just how it goes with December shipping sometimes.

The good news is that my recipient's package is there, and I've done plenty of gift buying for myself this year. Haha

Braden

Sorry no updates tonight. Due to weather our travel plans got foiled but we arrived safely at our hotel in Tennessee. A whole day and several hours later than planned. I will be checking emails, messages, etc in the morning before church. Everyone has reported as ordering their gifts, so if you have not gotten yours yet, you should be getting it soon. Merry Christmas to all! And good night!

Papa Elf and Mrs Elf want to wish you all a Merry Christmas. This morning I received a $60 gift card from wildman rocketry. That will come in handy once I recover from my travel and Christmas expenses and decided spend $ on apcp. As mentioned earlier, the conspirators sent me a 12' Rocketman parachute for my 7.5" patriot build. I'm hoping when I get home I don't have any burst pipes In my basement... Cause that rocket, plus all of my rockets are in the basement.

IMG_20221202_081640822.jpg
I also got a package from Badhawk which contained tubular kevlar recovery straps. Several D-links, and a X-form drogue chute. Thank you all!

Wow, thanks so much, Secret Santa, you really hooked me up! I couldn't be happier with my haul this year.
BTW - If any of you haven't tried any of the NewWay square rockets, you should. They are so fun and the kits are put together with such care. They're a class act. I've already started in on the Honest John. That nosecone is so cool to build.

IMG_6589.jpeg

OMG! I am so humbled by the generosity of my Secret Santa and the sponsors!
First my SS: Love these Pemberton Tech Bucky Jones models and am looking forward to building them!
Second the Papa Elf gift: Great cookies!
Enerjet Wart-Hog, BigDog,b& Minotaur
Estes Quinstar, Orange Crush, Bandito, lip balm, pen, pad, & sunglasses
Pem-Tech Space Ark this one will actually fly, unlike my scratch built. I will one day return to that, but this will tide me over.
Thank-you all!

Attachments

• PXL_20221225_180934485.jpg
    PXL_20221225_180934485.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 0
OMG! I am so humbled by the generosity of my Secret Santa and the sponsors!
First my SS: Love these Pemberton Tech Bucky Jones models and am looking forward to building them!
Second the Papa Elf gift: Great cookies!
Enerjet Wart-Hog, BigDog,b& Minotaur
Estes Quinstar, Orange Crush, Bandito, lip balm, pen, pad, & sunglasses
Pem-Tech Space Ark this one will actually fly, unlike my scratch built. I will one day return to that, but this will tude me over.
Thank-you all!

Attachments

• PXL_20221225_182152472~2.jpg
    PXL_20221225_182152472~2.jpg
    816.4 KB · Views: 0
With great thanks to my Secret Santa, I received three hobbyline (29/40-120) G reloads. Despite having flown everything A-M, these hobbyline loads remains some of my absolute favorite for versatility.

Unfortunately, it looks like BuyRocketMotors.com stripped every bit of identifying information from the shipment, so I'm at a loss for the identity of my Secret Santa. If it was you, please accept my humble thanks.

-Erik McKee

Attachments

• PXL_20221225_182943789.jpg
    PXL_20221225_182943789.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 0
Wow, thanks so much, Secret Santa, you really hooked me up! I couldn't be happier with my haul this year.
BTW - If any of you haven't tried any of the NewWay square rockets, you should. They are so fun and the kits are put together with such care. They're a class act. I've already started in on the Honest John. That nosecone is so cool to build.

View attachment 552975
It’s hip to be Square!

Shout out to my very generous Secret Santa. Got a 75mm Aeropack retainer with a 75-54mm aeropack adapter. Along with an assortment of chute protectors and shock cord protectors.

All this stuff is going towards the rebuild of the rocket in my profile pic which was my first attempt at my L2 that ended up making a 5.5” wide and 5’ deep hole in the ground when it came in ballistic.

The jb weld wasn’t even on my list but it was a perfect surprise. I was just thinking the other day that I needed some more as my current tubes are starting to crack and get low.

No identifiers on the box so I have absolutely no clue on who it could be. Thanks a ton to whoever it was!

E289850D-6CCD-4EA4-97BB-51D405B278A5.jpeg

My Secret Santa styled me! A big shout out to my Secret Santa who's identity I still don't know (are we supposed to)?
I also want to recognize MAC Performance Rocketry who had this shipped within DAYS of us starting SS. AND while I had my wife wrap the mystery box unopened from MAC Performance Rocketry that showed up, I did NOT expect that the contents were ALSO wrapped by MAC Performance Rocketry. Way to go the extra mile everyone.
I have to say as a 51 year old who is famously hard to buy for, and does not get a lot of surprises anymore, this was my most exciting gift to unwrap that I had NO idea what is was (although I did browse the MAC Performance Rocketry catalog after the box arrived). :) Good choice Secret Santa!
A 4" BlackFly cool! This will be my first phenolic rocket. While I have seen phenolic rockets, I have never built one and so remained phenolic curious. :) Lets do this!!! :)
Thanks again so many times to my Secret Santa for my gift, I will make you proud of my build, and the whole TRF community for making this fun possible. You all rock!

IMG_20221225_130.jpgIMG_20221225_1308.jpgIMG_20221225_130745862bbbb.jpgIMG_20221226_093816108.jpg

Last edited:
Back