Secret Santa 2013

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I didn't want to mention who the winner was until I knew there are prizes donated. Finally got some responses. Now i just hope i get everything by Wednesday so i can send Kaycee his prize before I leave for Christmas.

Whaaaaat...me??? :happydeer:

I'm flattered and honored. Thanks again go out to Papa Elf for organizing this! (Doug, please keep something for yourself as you deserve it.)

Also, thanks to all the participants. I've done this for several years now and have had a great time each and every year!

Happy Holidays everyone!

:snowman:

Package turned up from Wildman today with SECRET SANTA -DO NOT OPEN TIL XMAS all over it....

wheeeeeeee

Now to check my wish list to see what I asked for.

----------

""Anything from Wildman (yeah for the black sat sales)"

well that helped A LOT!..... suppose I can start trying to work it out from the size of the box (16 x 4 x 4), the fact that I 'think' I hear fiberglass pieces in there, and cross ref against known kits!
Methinks Jart or similar... but Xmas will probably prove me completely wrong.

I love this swap!!

Last edited:
Hmmm i seem to have a box that fits the description ;-) i guess i wont know till i open it but all clues tell me im correct. Thank you Secret Santa!

Okay - contents of a large box, surrounded by packing peanuts, the bio-degradable kind, has been shipped out. Apologies now; too many peanuts so nothing is gift wrapped but everything is well buried. Sent somethings old, somethings new. Tried to follow the wish list. Just hope it's okay for FedEx to leave the big box by the front door if no one is there to receive it.

Bad news:
It still isn't here.

Good news.
I don't have to wait ass long to open it.

:)

Package arrived yesterday just after we finally got the live tree placed and righted. Thank you Secret Santa!!!! Funny how a small live tree costs about the same as a little larger, freshly cut.

Package arrived yesterday just after we finally got the live tree placed and righted. Thank you Secret Santa!!!! Funny how a small live tree costs about the same as a little larger, freshly cut.

Not in Oregon (Willamette Valley) where we grow 90% of the US's Xmas trees.... $10 to $20 for anything, live, dead, 8ft noble fir.

Where are you shopping? Here, I thought I got a good deal on a $25 noble fir...

Ooooo Oooooo Oooooooo
Got my Secret Santa Gift in mail today. BIIIIIG LOOOOOONG Box. I'm psyched. It'll be the first thing under the tree!

Thank You!

Tom

Not sure where it is from. There IS however a USPS tracking number on it.............

Gift received today! Now to stare at the box for 9 more days.

Thank you SS, and Thank you Papa Elf for organizing this!

Last edited:
The small gifts that we promised to Secret Santas who ordered gifts for their recipients from JonRocket.com are going out in the mail tomorrow. The gifts are wrapped inside the package. If you receive one, it's up to you to decide if you'll wait until Christmas to open the gift or not. But, all the Secret Santas are receiving the same gift, so please don't spoil the surprise!

-- Roger

SS box has arrived at my door....and so the wait begins! :santa-smile:
Thanks a ton to my Secret Santa and to Papa Elf for running the show!!

Gift received. I can see that the llamas were working overtime to get this one to me!

Hmmmm, only one person listed here comes from the state of origin listed on the USPS tracking number..........
:facepalm: of course, had I REEALLY been observant, there was also a location and zip code hand written on the package.

Something from Art Applewhite came for me today! It's patiently sitting under the tree, but I am dying to rip it open and BUILD. Thank you, Secret Santa!

Back