Secret Santa Christmas In July 2023

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No idea, but that's what pink spray paint is for ;) This is also why I said not to open any packages that come the next few days, just in case there is something for you. Don't want to break the rule about opening presents early

Wow. I was not expecting what we got. You guys literally took "Anything else you think Papa Elf or Mrs Elf, 3 cats, or 1 dog would like :D"

View attachment 590245

Rocket Shaped Dog Toy
Rocket Shaped Catnip Cat Toy
Two Shades of Pink Spraypaint for Mrs Elf. (now all my unpainted rockets are in Danger!)

And Finally, and Happily, and Unexpectedly.. A Jolly Logic Chute Release. Reason why I said Unexpectedly was when I was told to expect a couple amazon packages, I looked at my list and thought to myself what on here could be bought on Amazon. Well, the only thing I was thinking was the batteries and charger, and the battery warning on the amazon box provided the confirmation bias. I didn't think Amazon sold JL Chute Releases. I guess I was wrong.

I am so happy =). I always wanted one of these :). It's smaller then I was expecting, but I wonder if its small enough to fit in my Ventris... I would love to fly that on a G25 :D. Now I have to read up on them.

Thank you all for the gifts. =)
Riley loves they toys :)

Merry Christmas and Happy 4th of July!

Man, I am SO stoked...

Pem-Tech King Kraken!!!!

View attachment 590237

THANK YOU SS.

As to who my SS is this 4th of July, well..... I'll say NateB in a total shot in the dark, wild guess.

Edit: Based on Pem-Tech's website's note that King Krakens are temporarily unavailable, my 2nd guess for SS would be Mr. Pem-Tech himself, Layne Pemberton.

Super cool! Look forward to a build thread! Hint hint.... ;)

Merry Christmas and Happy 4th of July!

Man, I am SO stoked...

Pem-Tech King Kraken!!!!

View attachment 590237

THANK YOU SS.

As to who my SS is this 4th of July, well..... I'll say NateB in a total shot in the dark, wild guess.

Edit: Based on Pem-Tech's website's note that King Krakens are temporarily unavailable, my 2nd guess for SS would be Mr. Pem-Tech himself, Layne Pemberton.

Super cool! Look forward to a build thread! Hint hint.... ;)

Welp, just so you know, I have already decided that this project will get a complete fiberglass wrap treatment. Fin tubes and airframe! o_O

And I have formulated a plan on how to glass the fin tubes AFTER cutting them to shape. :eek:

My turn....

I'm super pumped! 6 kits! Estes Quinstar, New Way Nike Smoke, Rocketarium Maxtermind, Quest Cobalt, Planet Probe and Striker AGM. I've been wanting to try out a New Way kit and something from Rocketarium for a while, they look like really nice quality kits. THANK YOU SOOO MUCH SANTA! :wavingsanta:

For those playing the guessing game, I have no idea.... for my first guess I say @Wally Ferrer ???

Attachments

• PXL_20230704_170327051.jpg
    PXL_20230704_170327051.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 0
My turn....

I'm super pumped! 6 kits! Estes Quinstar, New Way Nike Smoke, Rocketarium Maxtermind, Quest Cobalt, Planet Probe and Striker AGM. I've been wanting to try out a New Way kit and something from Rocketarium for a while, they look like really nice quality kits. THANK YOU SOOO MUCH SANTA! :wavingsanta:

For those playing the guessing game, I have no idea.... for my first guess I say @Wally Ferrer ???
Sorry, wasn’t me…:wavingsanta:

Not sure if you have used a JLCR before.... so word to the wise... MAKE SURE TO TURN IT BACK ON.

The normal process is to rig-it then do a "test" release. Then re-rig and fly. The issue is the JLCR turns off after deployment ( TEST or REAL); so after the re-rig, make sure to turn it back on, and do a final check of the release point setting.

Happy 4th. and good flight(s)

I never used one before. Upon receiving mine today I read several trf posts about the jlcr learning all the tips and tricks I could about it. I also watched the videos. The fact you have to turn it back on after testing it has been mentioned several times :).

The Sumo Flight with the red flame of the G77 was pretty taking off :).
Sumo with G77.jpg

(This video got over 1,500 views in the first couple minutes of posting)

Although I did hear the ejection charge go off, there was no deployment so my sumo lawn darted :(. The JLCR did release though.
Sumo Crash.jpg
RIP Sumo. I really liked that rocket. I got it for SSCIJ a couple years ago.

Last edited:
I actually made it home from work at a decent hour. I am humbled, there were 3 great kits gifted from Loc Precision. Each one will be just right to fly in the nearby park or at a class 1 club launch. I have a 1" Patriot, Starfighter, and 2.63" T-Loc to keep me busy for a while. I'm excited to get started on these. Thank you, very much!!

PSX_20230704_211858.jpg

I fumbled with my package for a while..

wait, that didn't sound / type right..

I played with the box for a bit.. and found a knife to open it with.

And inside: 2 rocketarium kits:
A Jayhawk (Always wanted one!)
an Exocet! another excellent choice!

thank you SS man! I'll venture my SS was an American.. :D

And the cat likes the empty box..

Latest posts

Back