Secret Santa Christmas In July 2023

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Santa has deemed me not that naughty so far this year and sent me a Wildman 2.1" DARK STAR JR DD 38MM kit, complete with Aeropack retainer. A super generous gift and I love it. That is a sexy nose cone! It will be my first FG kit and I am looking forward to building and simulating it.

Thank you SS!! @Tobor is my wild guess?

356187168_807429207673523_1458350793601778650_n.jpg

How do I get involved in this? Looks cool!
Unfortunately, you will have to wait, but not too long.

There are 2 Secret Santa events each year, one in December and one in July.

The easiest way to get notified is to follow Papa Elf. From any forum post of his, hover your mouse cursor over his name. When the popup menu appears, click the Follow button.

Santa has deemed me not that naughty so far this year and sent me a Wildman 2.1" DARK STAR JR DD 38MM kit, complete with Aeropack retainer. A super generous gift and I love it. That is a sexy nose cone! It will be my first FG kit and I am looking forward to building and simulating it.

View attachment 590427
Nice kit! Your Secret Santa was very nice, but it was not me.

View attachment 590427
I love Darkstars! Enjoy the kit and build. It is a great flyer.

Man!
Fourth of July took forever to get here. My Secret Santa totally styled me!
I received a Mach 1 Black hole BT60 set up for 38mm minimum diameter and all the extras; dual deploy, fiberglass nosecone, fin jig, MD motor retainer, and graphics!
I have been dabbling in 38mm minimum diameter this year and this will be fun to build.
Thanks Santa!!

IMG_20230704_204514634.jpgIMG_20230704_212056105_HDR.jpgIMG_20230704_213632648.jpg

Finally unpacked from our vacation, looks like I was a good boy this half of the year!

A Quest Harpoon, G64-4W reload, and Eggtimer Quantum and dongle.

Hmm, now to ponder who could have sent this to me…

Attachments

• IMG_0391.jpeg
    IMG_0391.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0392.jpeg
    IMG_0392.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0393.jpeg
    IMG_0393.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 0
Unfortunately, you will have to wait, but not too long.

There are 2 Secret Santa events each year, one in December and one in July.

The easiest way to get notified is to follow Papa Elf. From any forum post of his, hover your mouse cursor over his name. When the popup menu appears, click the Follow button.
Thank you! I'll definitely be participating on the next one.

Opened ours today. Santa went all-out, and wrapped each item inside the box.
20230706_095417.jpg

So after some more opening, its a nice haul of stuff that will get lots of use. (5) sizes of Top Flight, Thin-Mill parachutes, Vortico and Mega-Vortico kits, and 30min BSI Epoxy.
20230706_095827.jpg

THANK YOU SANTA!

(My GUESS is maybe @BruceS )

The brighter, the better...so yep, they work (Green - we'll put a florescent orange protector with it... 😆).

The Vortico's are always fun.... we have a couple with lots of flights, now we can drag race them.
I like them so much that I upgraded and created a giga-vortico with a cluster of four 13 mm motors.

As to who my SS is this 4th of July, well..... I'll say NateB in a total shot in the dark, wild guess.

Edit: Based on Pem-Tech's website's note that King Krakens are temporarily unavailable, my 2nd guess for SS would be Mr. Pem-Tech himself, Layne Pemberton.
Sorry, it was not me but the King Kraken looks fun!

I'll guess. I think it was either, @Tobor, @NateB, or @Tractionengines. But, traction engines already took credit for his gift. That leaves Tobor and Nateb. So my guess is 50/50 or I am 100% way off.
Just a correction. I DID guess my S.S., but my recipient DID NOT guess me as their S.S. (I will also say, I was NOT your S.S.)

Thank you to all the Santa's.

I still don't know who sent the AAMRAM Model........
The return address was APOGEE Rockets in Colorado !
I may Never know ..... So .... THANK YOU !

Here's my rocket launch video in case you want to see it. One of the "JLCR in Spirit" flights can be clearly seen :D

Jess was using her SSCIJ gift today. She claimed my "Green Eggs" and started painting. I had to show her the ropes on how to use spray paint. Not sure we can call it "Green Eggs" now :p. We'll be painting the fins the darker pink too.
IMG_20230912_182719373.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20230912_184222224_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20230912_184222224_HDR.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 0
Back