Secret Santa 2022

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thank you so much to my Secret Santa for the Apogee X15 :D
I'm going to take my time when I get to building it as I want to to be a very nice looking bird (unlike some of my other paint jobs). I love the history behind things like the x15 and the sr71 and the likes of these special aircraft. No identifiers so I'm at a loss for who it is.

Shout out to my very generous Secret Santa. Got a 75mm Aeropack retainer with a 75-54mm aeropack adapter. Along with an assortment of chute protectors and shock cord protectors.

All this stuff is going towards the rebuild of the rocket in my profile pic which was my first attempt at my L2 that ended up making a 5.5” wide and 5’ deep hole in the ground when it came in ballistic.

The jb weld wasn’t even on my list but it was a perfect surprise. I was just thinking the other day that I needed some more as my current tubes are starting to crack and get low.

No identifiers on the box so I have absolutely no clue on who it could be. Thanks a ton to whoever it was!

View attachment 553057
You know if you send that rocket up higher there's more time for the deployment to happen :) I always forget the JB weld that's why I added it.

I am absolutely floored!! My SS completely spoiled meet me!! Opened the box I've been staring at for weeks and found both the Estes Saturn V Skylab and the Saturn 1B inside!! Waaaaaaaay too generous. Thank you soooooo much. Again, I am absolutely floored by your generosity!! Merry Christmas everyone!!IMG_20221226_135615.jpg

The kids and I thank you "Secret Santa"...

We got a 4" LOC Phoenix kit.
View attachment 552979
There is a part two to this one. Sticker shock has full vinyl sets for this kit, so I would like you to take a look at Mark's website and let me know which set you prefer and I will have it sent to you. 😄 There are a few different styles and I didn't want to just select one for you. I wanted you to be able to choose the ones you wanted. Merry Christmas!!

I got a box of paper!!! I love paper!! .. oh wait...

Theres a christmas present inside. AND ITS WRAPPED... Wow...

Santa must have known my favorite stubby Magg came down hard this year and was destroyed cause they got me a NEW STUBBY! and a Virginia Tech sticker too.
Thank you Santa (from Virginia Tech?)

Attachments

• IMG_1552.JPG
    IMG_1552.JPG
    229.2 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_1554.JPG
    IMG_1554.JPG
    165.7 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_1555.JPG
    IMG_1555.JPG
    144.3 KB · Views: 0
A super thank you to my Secret Santa from Marion, Indiana! These are great kits! I look forward to "studying" the instructions and building. I hope all are doing well in this cold. Happy 2023!
I'm sure your Secret Santa is glad that your' happy with your gift. I'm also sure that he forgot that his city and state were on his profile and also on plainly listed as the return address. 🤣

I'm sure your Secret Santa is glad that your' happy with your gift. I'm also sure that he forgot that his city and state were on his profile and also on plainly listed as the return address. 🤣
Just in case Santa ever passes through Marion, let him know that his recipient is extremely pleased with his spot on, generous and thoughtful gifts! Thank you! - I mean thank him!

Thanks and Merry Christmas to my secret Santa! Got some stuff for winter building... Need rockets to fly my new D30 and E45 18mm motors in!
Nice haul....
Oh, and thank you, Sticky Santa, for the 5.56 Green tip, plan on trying some of it tomorrow in my new Ruger AR556. SCORE!
:D

Thank You Secret Santa !!!

View attachment 553056

"Master" Skill level Estes Saturn 1B....... Challenge accepted.

This otta be fun :)

Also, no clue who my generous SS is.
You're welcome! I'm never sure if we're supposed to identify ourselves or not, but I'm pretty sure this is either the second or time I've gotten you as my victim!

As for me, still nothing in my mailbox or on my doorstep, but given that everyone is marked shipped, I'm sure it'll show up eventually. There's always the possibility that it wound up in the UPS/USPS "unclaimed" piles, too.

Braden

Thank you SS for the Rocketarium Roland. It'll be a grand build!

I only wish I had had more dough to get something better for my recipient. Alas this year was a zero spend year on Xmas for us. :(
Everything I build/launch was bought years ago in better times.

You're welcome! I'm never sure if we're supposed to identify ourselves or not, but I'm pretty sure this is either the second or time I've gotten you as my victim!

As for me, still nothing in my mailbox or on my doorstep, but given that everyone is marked shipped, I'm sure it'll show up eventually. There's always the possibility that it wound up in the UPS/USPS "unclaimed" piles, too.

Braden

You're not alone, still waiting for mine as well! 😩

There are several people that have not reported in on what they got for Secret Santa. Also, I know of two people that say they have not received a gift yet. All Santa's have reported that their gifts have been ordered and/or shipped. I have reached out to those Santa's to see if there is any info on the packages.

Seems to be some people participate, but never report in. What's the point of playing if you don't plan on sharing :(

Got me some TUBES!!! three 7.5x30 inch Loc tubes, a couple and an Ebay. plan on turning this into a 1x54mm + 9x29mm Motor Muncher.
Glad you like them, and have a plan. I wasn't sure how to supplement the "basic parts". Looking at some of your history seemed like you would "make do".

Remember we want to see pictures. I need to show my wife what you do with ~7 BIG cardboard tubes.

Waiting on s
Glad you like them, and have a plan. I wasn't sure how to supplement the "basic parts". Looking at some of your history seemed like you would "make do".

Remember we want to see pictures. I need to show my wife what you do with ~7 BIG cardboard tubes.
Waiting on some laser cut parts, I'll start a thread here when I get them.

I thought about ordering that from Dragon Rocketry just to save on postage, but that would spoil the fun. ;)
Might not have made it here in time.... 🤣

Thank you, it is the perfect item since I lost one to an 80' tall tree at the last launch.

Apparently there is Santa that is on the naughty list. They reported via e-mail that they ordered their gift... but never responded to my e-mails or messages and their recipient has not gotten anything yet. So, that being said... I need a new Santa. So if anyone wants to step up to the plate, please send me a pm.

Several Santa's responded to my request for a back up santa. Thank you for your responses :). I responded to the first PM and if that does not work out, I have several more to ask :).

OMG! I am so humbled by the generosity of my Secret Santa and the sponsors!
First my SS: Love these Pemberton Tech Bucky Jones models and am looking forward to building them!
Second the Papa Elf gift: Great cookies!
Enerjet Wart-Hog, BigDog,b& Minotaur
Estes Quinstar, Orange Crush, Bandito, lip balm, pen, pad, & sunglasses
Pem-Tech Space Ark this one will actually fly, unlike my scratch built. I will one day return to that, but this will tide me over.
Thank-you all!

Glad you liked them.

Back