Secret Santa 2022

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sorry to jump for joy in the face of others not receiving any SS Gift. But I need to give a shout out to @Weetie11 for "SS Part Deux". THANK YOU.

He left me pick the color scheme from Stickershock23, and then had it delivered as a follow-up to the LOC Kit.

View attachment 556486
Can't wait to see the finished product. Please do share photos with the group. 😁

Can't wait to see the finished product. Please do share photos with the group. 😁
I will do a build thread on it when I get going.. . But as a primer... I unpacked it, and did the traditional mockup 2 ways. (I'm NOT a scale fanatic, so I may take some liberties ) I need to make it Dual Deploy. Could go JLCR but want redundancy on this, so adding AV bay. Stock the coupler goes right up against the bottom of the nosecone shoulder. Stock length in 1st image. Changing the front body tube to the one with the AV bay kit, gives the second photo. (I will trim it down once I know packing volume needed.)
20230112_194553.jpg 20230112_194650.jpg

I did run into one issue...the plywood must have shifted during the burnout. (1) fin is messed up on the back edge, and the spacing to the front tabs is not right. (LOC got a new one in the mail to me "hours" after I sent them the photos. )
20230112_195134.jpg 20230112_195108.jpg

THAT IT, Until I get the real build going.

Got a package from my backup SS from Mac Performance! It is an ALTAIR 3" kit with the matching Aeropack retainer! It comes with everything necessary for my L1 certification, swiveled Top Flite chute, nomex, bridled shock cord, conformal rail guides, super sturdy NC w/ eyebolt, all hardware, actual instructions. The fit is amazing and these 1/8" canvas fins are shockingly solid. I don't know much about this kraft phenolic tube but it seems very sturdy, will def do a build thread, maybe even try to build it as a Class 1 flyer 🤔. Thank you so so much for your generosity SS!! 🤗🤗 and being that it is already the new year, hope you have a great year!

PXL_20230117_051216078.jpgoriginal_ff30e6ad-f3ad-46c8-9d9e-bc77b9eb4ee9_PXL_20230117_051400473.jpg

Back