Secret Santa 2023

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, looks like I get the leadoff shot today!

Santa got me a couple of cool FlisKits birds to build. I look forward to the Thunderbird especially. I've always wondered just what the designer had in his tea when thinking up that one!

Merry Christmas all!20231221_204646.jpg

IMG_20231225_103122.jpg

First and foremost, from my personal Santa:
IMG_20231225_103048.jpg
Thank you!

And the rest (mostly) from our generous corporate donors:
IMG_20231225_103154.jpg
IMG_20231225_103137.jpg
On the far left, in the poor light, is a Pemberton Space Arc Junior.

Last but not least, the Lego box comes from Papa and Mrs. Elf. Thank you! And thank you for organizing the Papa Elf Special, and for organizing the whole game.

Now I have to find a bigger place for my build pile.

Merry Christmas everyone. You may now open your presents now! :p Papa Elf must of been very good this year because he got his #1 wish :). 1st thing that came was an padded envelope with a obvious retainer shaped bulge in it. So I guessed it was a 54mm retainer, and sure enough that's what it was.

IMG_20231220_222835774.jpg

Knowing that, I figured that there is a chance a Warlock might show up on my doorstep. I was wondering if they are going be discreet about it or not by putting the kit label on the box. But when I got the notification I got a package, it sent me a photo of a Loc Warlock on my front porch. So we just put it in a safe spot in the house to be opened after our trip. Maybe there are other surprises in there but there but I won't be able to check till at least Wednesday night.
IMG_20231220_111113063_HDR.jpg

Merry Christmas to all of You !! Still NO snow here in the Dakotas ....Bummer
But
I am thrilled to receive a set of plates and set screws to join two 1010 Rails
to make a longer launch rail !!

And a nice bottle of Loctite CA Gel Glue
Look forward to trying it out........

Thank you Secret Santa !!!

I am very interested in getting two 6 foot sections of 1010
to make a 12 foot launch rail for my Antares, for the lower
impulse flights that may need the guide length.....

I mean, I don't always wanna fly it over 5-6000 feet !!

Attachments

• 20231224_223636[1].jpg
    20231224_223636[1].jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 0
Chocolate Chip Cookies Cookie GIF by Bill Miller Bar-B-Q

Knowing I wanted to get into clusters, my Santa sent me an awesome kit and accompanying MMC so I can fly 4x18mm and 3x24mm configurations. I’m so excited to get building and flying! Thank you so much Santa for the super generous gift!

Attachments

• IMG_4174.jpeg
    IMG_4174.jpeg
    739 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_4173.jpeg
    IMG_4173.jpeg
    773.7 KB · Views: 0
I received 2 boxes.
Box number one.
IMG_20231225_120223615.jpg
A Front Range Recovery 36 inch parachute, a 10 X 14 nomex parachute protector, a HUGE bag of classic Estes 18 and 24 inch parachutes, and the box was padded with bag of dog barf.

Box number two.
IMG_20231225_120307751.jpg
A Radical Rocketry Little Boy kit, and Rheintochter kit.
Any one of these would have made my Christmas, the combination of all of this is incredible!
Thank you to my super generous secret Santa. This really is too much for words.
I love all of it, but I am especially floored by the classic Estes chutes, I really love those and I think they are superior the current ones.
Again thank you.

HOLY COW! I am absolutely blown away by the generosity of my Secret Santa...

My package not only contained a Dragon Rocketry Atomic Dragon kit (which was so far beyond ANY expectation I might have had!), but when unpacking it, I found that it also contained all parachutes, recovery harnesses, a 4" deployment bag, and even an Aeropack 54mm motor retainer!

i can only guess that someone knew about my unfortunate launch weekend in October! 😅

Unfortunately, there was no labeling to indicate who my SS might have been "Billing: 3rd Party", but your have my thanks and profound gratitude!

Merry Christmas and happy holidays everyone!

Attachments

• PXL_20231225_194422516.jpg
    PXL_20231225_194422516.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 0
I received 2 boxes.
Box number one.
View attachment 621530
A Front Range Recovery 36 inch parachute, a 10 X 14 nomex parachute protector, a HUGE bag of classic Estes 18 and 24 inch parachutes, and the box was padded with bag of dog barf.

Box number two.
View attachment 621531
A Radical Rocketry Little Boy kit, and Rheintochter kit.
Any one of these would have made my Christmas, the combination of all of this is incredible!
Thank you to my super generous secret Santa. This really is too much for words.
I love all of it, but I am especially floored by the classic Estes chutes, I really love those and I think they are superior the current ones.
Again thank you.
Lol, Barf is better than coal for Christmas!

Merry Christmas everyone! My oldest son wrapped my Mystery Wildman Secret Sandy Claws present last night just before midnight... and my youngest unwrapped it at 6AM!!! I was asleep for both events. Fortunately, the young rocketeer could not crack the code on Wildman's cardboard vault, and the mystery was preserved.

Thank you to my Secret Santa who sent me what I believe is a Punisher 3. As with Wildman kits, there are no instructions or a packing slip. Just an assortment of glorious fiberglass parts, bathing in the lambent twinkling of Christmas tree lights and glistening snow, dreaming of kissing the clouds in March.

Thank you so very much, Santa, and thank you everyone on the forum for being a part of a wonderful hobby reboot this year! Merry Christmas to you and yours!

Attachments

• Secret Santa 2023 Gift.jpg
    Secret Santa 2023 Gift.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 0
Thank you very much to my secret santa for the two kits (and extra parts), batteries, and stickers, I really appreciate your generosity with the gifts :D
I think I’ll have to upgrade my launch system a little for the exocet, the instructions call for a larger diameter rod but that should be easy enough.IMG_2806.jpeg
I’m glad I participated, this was perfect to pad out my other gifts this year: $50, a couple shirts, and a boot. (yes, just one)

Last edited:
Merry Christmas to all! Wow, I am humbled by my gifts.

I received a Loc Micro Magg Kit that I had asked for from my Secret Santa. It is my first Loc kit and I really look forward to building it. A sincere thank you Santa!

LOC Micro Magg Xmas 2023.jpgLOC Box Santa Xmas 2023.jpg

Additionally I was the recipient of one of Papa Elf’s gifts. A package from Seattle came a while back. Patience paid off and when I opened it today, I found an assorted pack of Estes Nosecones, a very unique Flis Kits Mud Wasp MMX Kit, a super Estes Expedition Kit and if that wasn’t enough a wooden box of Smoked Wild Salmon. Yum, it will be a New Year's Day treat. Then on Friday I received yet another gift from Seattle. It’s a cool Tee Shirt from a popular area restaurant, Dick’s Drive In - “A Seattle Hit Since 1954”. My wife has claimed ownership of this!

Papa Elf Xmas 2023.jpgSeatle Tee Xmas 2023.jpg

A special Thank You Papa Elf for your much appreciated organization of this and to the helpful Vendors that helped make this a success.

Merry Christmas to all of you Secret Santas 2023 and wishing all a Happy and Healthy 2024!

Sorry you guys are sick.

Viruses: the gift that keeps on giving:(
Yep... 2 holidays in a row. We were all sick at Thanksgiving too. Really sucks with kids off school for 17 DAYS right now. ( They don't go back till the 8th, but the Wife and I need to work, so schedule was crazy already. Now limited on who can go where...)

Back