Secret Santa 2013

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I found a nice Applewhite 38mm Stealth waiting for me. Well packaged and no signs of the sender...

Finally an opportunity to use the I49 I bought a while back.

I'll just let the secret remain that and know there is a nice compadre in rocketry out there somewhere.

I must have been a real good boy! I got a bunch of stuff. Pro38 3&5 grain cases, pro24 starter set, some aeropack and estes retainers, a cool space desk calendar, nice parachute, wooden nosecone, a new way square see through rocket kit.. Looks interesting being square!! A huge rocket that is awesome-a squat thing, i dont know just yet what model it is yet but cant wait to launch it!!! And( club plug) a Northern Colorado Rocketry hat!! Thank you RocketJoe13!!! Hope you got as wonderful of a gift as i did!image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

Opened my Secret Santa box from Wildman and found a 3" rocket with a 54mm hole, aluminum av-bay end plates, 4 fins and a uniquely slotted BT. I looked on Wildman's site but didn't find any info, but I believe it to be a Shredder (?). Whatever it is, it will a perfect addition to the fleet, and will be a perfect vehicle for my 54mm Research motors. I'm going to start the build soon and hope to have it ready for the January PMW launch in a couple weeks. And as for my Secret Santa....

THANK YOU VERY, VERY MUCH!!! :happydeer:

ss1.jpg

ss2.jpg

ss3.jpg

Just what I was hoping for...an Art Applewhite 29mm original saucer! Cannot wait to put this together. And, the JonRocket gift was an awesome craft knife set--very nice. Thank you, SS!

Opened my Secret Santa box from Wildman and found a 3" rocket with a 54mm hole, aluminum av-bay end plates, 4 fins and a uniquely slotted BT. I looked on Wildman's site but didn't find any info, but I believe it to be a Shredder (?). Whatever it is, it will a perfect addition to the fleet, and will be a perfect vehicle for my 54mm Research motors. I'm going to start the build soon and hope to have it ready for the January PMW launch in a couple weeks. And as for my Secret Santa....

THANK YOU VERY, VERY MUCH!!! :happydeer:

Yup...It's a Shredder :wink:

A TLP PERSEUS II: Naval Surface-to-Air Missile...COOL!!! I LOVE Military rockets!!!

Perseus II.jpg

You must have had to do some digging to figure this out, THANK YOU Secret Santa!!!
:santa-smile:

I received a Archetype cable cutter, 3 yards of 6oz fiberglass, and 1.5 yards of fiberglass mat. I guess its time to start scratch building some rockets. Thanks BB and Papa Elf, Merry Christmas everyone!

Merry Christmas everyone! Just don't breathe this post too deeply as we are all down and out with the flu and/or my current affliction, pneumonia.

My SS sent me some reloads! G53, G64, G76 Woo Hoo! I really like the G53 and hadn't tried the G64 or G76! Thank you SS and thank you to Jonsrocket for the gift for ordering through you.

Oh and as far as guessing goes... It wouldn't be fair as their was an invoice in the box that includes more than enough information to single him out. Thanks Gregg! And thank you TRF and Papa Elf for organizing this! Only my TRF pals would buy reloads for Christmas (It was on my wishlist for both mine and my wife's families and I think they are all too scared to order or handle them) This was fun and I look forward to this for next year.

Merry Christmas everyone!
~Justin

Darned invoice. Oh well. I figured they might have done something like that.

Hope you enjoy them and fly them well! I know how you feel... my family avoids propellant for some reason.

-e

And as for mine, a Fliskits Nell! Definitely a kit I've been looking for and strangely appropriate, given the sweater I chose this morning...

IMG_2303_sm.JPG

Thanks, Secret Santa! I'm guessing you were in Lincoln, NE, but I have no idea who you actually are, please come forward and identify yourself!

Erik

I finally was able to crack open the SS gift last night and there was......

A PemTech Kraken and a TRF Logo Rocket!

Sweet! These will float to the top of the list to work on. I am excited for the Kraken but I'll be honest the TRF logo rocket has me a little scared. I am not much of a paper modeler but I'll try to do her some justice!

Since this was direct from PemTech, I'll not make a guess on who it was. The llama threatened me with bodily harm (or was it llama body fluid?) when I asked them who sent it so I'll just say THANKS to whomever it was!

Thanks Secret Santa!

I received a Archetype cable cutter, 3 yards of 6oz fiberglass, and 1.5 yards of fiberglass mat. I guess its time to start scratch building some rockets. Thanks BB and Papa Elf, Merry Christmas everyone!
Actually, it is 2.75 yards of the 6oz cloth.
The fiberglass mat is 1.5 oz chopped strand mat.

Hope you enjoy it!

I finally was able to crack open the SS gift last night and there was......

A PemTech Kraken and a TRF Logo Rocket!

Sweet! These will float to the top of the list to work on. I am excited for the Kraken but I'll be honest the TRF logo rocket has me a little scared. I am not much of a paper modeler but I'll try to do her some justice!

Since this was direct from PemTech, I'll not make a guess on who it was. The llama threatened me with bodily harm (or was it llama body fluid?) when I asked them who sent it so I'll just say THANKS to whomever it was!

Thanks Secret Santa!

I'll be honest, I haven't started the TRF Logo Rocket I got when they were first released. (I got #10) And I haven't gotten the boys to finish their Krakens. (Maybe over the next week or so while they are still off from school.)

Are you planning to post build threads for either rocket? I bet your SS would like to see that. (I know I would.)

I have no clue who my SS was, but thanks. I'll use the baffle with the paylord and add about four inches of extra BT-60.
IMG_Paylord_001.jpg

erm... little question.. Was Papa Elf in this gift exchange? Did ya get anything?

Papa Elf is not in gift exchange, but I usually get something out of it. One of the vendors sent me something, and I got a gift card to hobbylinc this year.

Next time include yourself, or we aint playing.

Seriously, thanks for running this again!

Thanks to my SS from Massachusetts! We received a FlisKit Tartar, a Semroc Arcon-Hi and a funny Odd'l Rocket Birdie with motors to fly her. Was very excited - we should have a blast building them. In fact, the Birdie is already built and the Arcon-Hi is nearly complete!!!

Thanks again!

Well, still no sign of my gift yet, but I did have my JonRocket freebie to open, which was really cool. So a big thanks to the guys at Jon Rocket for the knife set. I really liked the custom wrapping paper and logo on the set too!

-Dave

So it turns out I'm dumb. I placed three different orders with Estes during the recent sale, and while I was at my in-laws for Christmas two boxes showed up from Estes. I assumed that they were my 2nd and 3rd orders as I had received the 1st order before I left. The neighbors held them for me while we were gone, so I opened them Christmas day when we got back. I thought that the second one looked a little funny as I didn't remember ordering a couple of the kits. Turns out that was my SS gift! I'm at my parents right now, so I can't remember exactly what they were, but I do remember a MIRV, a Magnum Hornet, and a Reflector along with a couple others. So thank you Secret Santa! Obviously you did really well finding stuff I liked as I couldn't tell it apart from my other orders! I'll have to check the invoice again when I get home in a few days to see if I can figure out who my SS is.

-Dave

I'm a very happy Rocketeer ! Received a Launch Pad Bullpup AGM-12C , been on my want list for a very long time, love the weird design of this bird. Also received a Mega Mosquito , a classic. Too big a build pile...these will have to move to the top!
Thank you Secret Santa, you have no idea how you made this a Merry Christmas! :grin::santa-smile:

Secret Santa was very kind to me! Bullpup and epoxy and whole assortment of brightly colored parachutes. And some protective wadding for power plants. Thank you Secret Santa. My WAG is either DRAGON64 or KAYCEE as the Alabama zip code is my best clue.

OMG ... Thank you, thank you, thank you, .......

I guessed correctly, I got a Jart!!

But... not just a Jart, it's Black Profusion Jart, with a 38mm MMT and a FW black nosecone! WOW WOW WOW Thanks again.....

Now, methinks that I run some rocksim files, but I do believe I see a 2 stage Jart this year, 38mm to 38mm!

Thank you again Papa Elf, and seeing as this got delivered direct from Wildman, I have no idea who it came from, THANKS...

Wildman calls it a "Super Jart", but--it looks like you have all the makings of a 2-stage "Super Duper Jart", or whatever you might name it. It would be cool if you could do a build thread...:cool:

Hope you have fun with it.

I received a Rocketarium Sandhawk from my SS. Thanks! I think I will use it for the scale requirement for NARTREK silver.
I don't have any idea who it is from but thanks to whoever it is!

Secret Santa was very kind to me! Bullpup and epoxy and whole assortment of brightly colored parachutes. And some protective wadding for power plants. Thank you Secret Santa. My WAG is either DRAGON64 or KAYCEE as the Alabama zip code is my best clue.

I tried to cover as many bases as possible... enjoy!

The post office has prevailed, and I can say now that my Secret Santa packaged has arrived!! I now have a Bluetube2.0 2.56" avionics bay, some spare #11 hobby blades, and Apogee Components plans to build the 8th Wonder-of-The World; the Nike Hercules! Thank you SS, you have made me very happy today! And Thank You Papa Elf and TRF for sponsoring and working another successful Secret Santa! So looking forward to next year.

I want to thank the Secret Santa for nukemmcssret I really like the Estes rockets. One is the Asteroid Hunter the other is the Air Commander. I will build them the coming months. Thanks again and we should all thank Papa Elf for organizing this event. A thanks to Papa Elf. :D:D:D

Back