Secret Santa 2012!

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
View attachment 109087

WOHOO, a 38/360 Dr. Rocket motor!!!! Thanks so much, Secret Santa!!!!! Sad to say, the case is only two years younger than me! I can hardly wait for the next launch to fly it!

My entire family took guesses at what it was, it will now be a yearly tradition. Thanks so much, SS!!! I have a suspicion it was jus_rockets, since he is the only one from Phoenix. Thanks for the special note too!

Merry Christmas, everybody!

Guilty as charged! Glad you like it, and your very welcome. MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!:hohoho:

BIG thank you to my Secret Santa for the AMW 38-390 case! Just what I wanted! I have no idea who to guess dun it...so I'll just hope you come find me!

Braden

its there.... signed NARCON 2012 mercury redston. hidden it away as a collector. at least for a day or two

WOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!

Got a Pro 29 6G Case! I can't WAIT to lose it!

Also some 38 spacers AND more candy then I could have ever asked for!

THANK YOU SS! (who are you?)

Alex
Enjoy the casing and rocket candy. I started to fill the casing with the candy. :) Didn't want it to melt though in a hot truck somewhere. Threw in the XL spacer, now you just need that casing.

"Hmm, what could it be?" I asked aloud as the box was opened.

"Dad, I think its a (stage whisper) ROCKET!" Says my 4-year-old, "Cuz see?" As he points to the TRF logo on the wrapping paper.

"Let's see if, you're right!" I reply as we remove the paper.

"See DAD I TOLD you!" He shouts in my ear as he bounces up and down. It was indeed a rocket. A Ventris to be exact.

Thanks SS!

Thanks David! Im on a long car trip right now so the candy is very useful! Thanks for the present! It's not going to be around for long!

I cleared my PM box btw

Alex

After watching my kids rip open a few pressies, I was told that I should open mine......

WOW!!! Thank you SS!! This is going to be put to some nice H abuse!! These Pro Series are real nice kits, they aint just a larger version of your average Big Daddy!

Also thank you for the 24-40 case, that also is a real nice addition to my arsenal and is going to be put to nice use.

Since Santa left specific instructions (enclosed) I feel that I may need to return these and claim my coal.

DSCF1777.jpg DSCF1781.jpg

Last edited:
I know my SS is a special person... and a good guy... took the time to read a little about me and who I am.

1) Set of authentic patch decals (For my range box... but I may mount them and they may go on to a cabinet in my shop)
2) And FSM plate for my vehicle or THAT may go on my range box!! :lol:
3) OMGoodness! Is that really a motherload of Nomex(tm)??????? It appears to have the same texture as the yellowish/gold chute protectors I've bought in the past... I have not opened it yet. It's positively huge! If its what I think it is, I can make protectors for all my rockets now instead of switching them out constantly. And with my new found cable cutter love, I can make lots of burritos!
4) And my first ever Sirius Rocketry Kit. Very very jazzed about the Mid Power Interrogator!

All in all... quite a haul! Thank you Secret Santa and all the noodlly elves!

May your water be boiling,
Your sauce never puree',
May your timer be true,
And pasta 'Al Dente'
:happydeer::happydeer::happydeer::happydeer::happydeer::happydeer::happydeer::happydeer::happydeer:

2012-12-25-untitled-0001.jpg

Last edited:
I can verify that Santas signature is authentic. I recognize it from a letter my daughter received last year in her stocking. ;-)

Thank you to my SS!! I got (2) Semroc kits...the Mark and the Moon Glo kits. Sorry Papa Elf...I forgot to post that my SS gift showed up last week...been crazy busy, as I'm sure we all have. Merry Christmas to all....thank you again to my SS and to Papa Elf for putting it all together. You Rock!! :headbang:

:hohoho:

Opened up my Secret Santa package this morning to find a couple of great Art Applewhite kits: 24mm Delta flying saucer (chrome) and a Super Stealth!!! These will go great with the kits I have already. I really like to fly them for the kids at the local school here, trying to instill a little interest in rockery and also they see a bunch of air time at our club launches. I may beef up the school launch with a saucer drag race. Many thanks to Secret Santa, whoever you are.
John

Jeremy and I did not gets our gifts in time, so we have more waiting. Jeremy got my a huge Wildman kit too that I am waiting for (75mm motor mount, I think ^ _ ^) So I am still excited for next week and new rockets! Merry Christmas everyone!!

Kira_Majeric said:
Jeremy and I did not gets our gifts in time, so we have more waiting. Jeremy got my a huge Wildman kit too that I am waiting for (75mm motor mount, I think ^ _ ^) So I am still excited for next week and new rockets! Merry Christmas everyone!!

Sounds like your Wildman kit is something I will be looking forward to seeing fly.

Merry Christmas to the two and a half of you. ;)

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Forum Runner

The irony. :)

I got the same gift I gave my SS.

Iv got some plans for this Pro29 6grain. :)

Thank you whoever you are!

(You should tell me who you are so I could thank you)

I received a Kosdon 38-640 motor case, a whole bunch of Kevlar and a nice note from Santa! :grin:

Happy Holidays to all, and as for my Secret Santa---you did well, sir!
Thanks CK! :wink: See you at Southern Thunder!

SS_2012_1.jpg

SS_2012_2.jpg

I received a Kosdon 38-640 motor case, a whole bunch of Kevlar and a nice note from Santa! :grin:

Happy Holidays to all, and as for my Secret Santa---you did well, sir!
Thanks CK! :wink: See you at Southern Thunder!

Wait a sec!
Delivery llama?
They must be moonlighting for Santa again.

The Kosdon case is a major score.

Wait a sec!
Delivery llama?
They must be moonlighting for Santa again.

The Kosdon case is a major score.

Oops! I guess their secret is out...:eek: And yes, the Kosdon case -IS- a major score indeed.:D

After watching my kids rip open a few pressies, I was told that I should open mine......

WOW!!! Thank you SS!! This is going to be put to some nice H abuse!! These Pro Series are real nice kits, they aint just a larger version of your average Big Daddy!

Also thank yo
u for the 24-40 case, that also is a real nice addition to my arsenal and is going to be put to nice use.

Since Santa left specific instructions (enclosed) I feel that I may need to return these and claim my coal.

View attachment 109152 View attachment 109153
Just got off the phone with Santa. He says you are welcome for the gift. He is truly sorry he sat on your Nike smoke.

Alex

Opened up my TRF SS (not RTF, as posted earlier) envelope to find a StickerShock23.com gift certificate and business card for StickerShock23.com! Now I just have to figure out who on earth my secret santa was.... Hmmmm, any ideas? ;) Thank you SS!

Should be fun coming up with a project to use that on!

Opened up my Secret Santa package this morning to find a couple of great Art Applewhite kits: 24mm Delta flying saucer (chrome) and a Super Stealth!!! These will go great with the kits I have already. I really like to fly them for the kids at the local school here, trying to instill a little interest in rockery and also they see a bunch of air time at our club launches. I may beef up the school launch with a saucer drag race. Many thanks to Secret Santa, whoever you are.
John

I'll fess up here... Hope you enjoy them and they don't duplicate anything you already have! I started flying saucers just before I signed up for SS and loved them (as did my kids)! It's hard not to share the joy of something you love. :)

-e

I got a PemTech Screaming Green Meanie! Thanks, Secret Santa! Really looking forward to building and flying this one. I also got a Semroc Hawk from the folks I ordered from. My first PemTech and Semroc kits on he very same day! Woot!!

Just got off the phone with Santa. He says you are welcome for the gift. He is truly sorry he sat on your Nike smoke.

Alex

Thank Santa for me!!!! Just dont mention to the elves that I am thinking of stuffing a 38mm MMT into this!

Back