Secret Santa 2010

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is one of the things Papa Elf hates to do for Secret Santa. Find out who got gipped. Don't worry, the bad santa is on the naughty list for life :p.

This is one of the things Papa Elf hates to do for Secret Santa. Find out who got gipped. Don't worry, the bad santa is on the naughty list for life :p.

So, they didn't come thru. That seems very sleezy.

I don't know the details, but I'm going to assume that this person:

1) Knowingly join a group gift swap with no intentions to ever buy anything
2) Took a gift from someone in the group (stealing I suppose)
3) Ignoring your emails, PMs, etc
4) All this at Chirstmas time :mad:

I think you should out this person publicly. If we have someone like that lurking around on TRF, I think the community deserves to know who they are. Maybe ask the mods to ban them.

However, Papa Elf makes the rules for this, so it you feel this person should remain anonymous for reasons that I don't understand, I'm good with that. :cheers:

Did this person go "off the TRF/RP grid" completely? If so, something may have happened that put S.S. way down the list of priorities.

If not, then we have a whole year to collect reindeer poop for a special someone.

Only Poppa Elf Knows for sure...

You know... I am finding this gift more exciting than any other I am anticipating this year.
Thats the SAD part about all this. Took the wind rite outa ya sails,didnt it!!!!!!!I know I was some excited anticipating what my SS got me.Sorry to hear this is going on. Like someone said "Maybe something teribble came of or upon this person" I think at the
least an update from this person on why they FAILED SS would be the appropiate thing.

You never know with the way things are going with income and this economy. While $25-$30 may not seem like much money, it is if all of a sudden you don't have it and your means has all but disappeared. It's entirely possible that this person took part with best intentions, wasn't able to follow through and is too embarrassed to even log on. I don't think a public lynching is necessary at this point or ever for a gift exchange.

Last edited:
You never know with the way things are going with income and this economy. While $25-$30 may not seem like much money, it is if all of a sudden you don't have it and your means has all but disappeared. It's entirely possibly that this person took part with best intentions, wasn't able to follow through and is too embarrassed to even log on. I don't think a public lynching is necessary at this point or ever for a gift exchange.

All true, but I would hope that person would return the gift they received.

Papa Elf has put them on the permanment naughty list. That does not sound like they played by the rules.

You never know with the way things are going with income and this economy. While $25-$30 may not seem like much money, it is if all of a sudden you don't have it and your means has all but disappeared. It's entirely possible that this person took part with best intentions, wasn't able to follow through and is too embarrassed to even log on. I don't think a public lynching is necessary at this point or ever for a gift exchange.
I agree on some things you said.However,Ive been here (TRF) just under a year and have seen NO REASON for anyone to be embarrassed enough not to log on.What I mean is-all the people here on TRF are pretty much top notch and VERY UNDERSTANDING. I have not seen any lynchings. Besides that fact. I myself am a man that goes by the old adage : MAN-UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:bangbang: Ya KNOW! The least this SS can do is send "bytesiz" a PM.

Last edited:
The least they could of done if they ran into a financial crunch is to let me know so I could of made sure he got something for Christmas.

absolutely but you never know what someone's mind set is in that type of situation, if that is the situation

Last edited:
My SS has contacted me directly to issue an apology and to let me know what happened. It was all really quite innocent and unintended.

Things are good. The stoning in the town square has been canceled :D

Just wondering if your SS ever came thru? Chinese New Year's is coming!!!

Thanks for checking in.

I got some store credit over at Squirrel Works. I let my daughter pick the rocket and she picked the “High 5”. We had a few bucks left over so we picked up a "Pie in the Sky" too! The total actually came out a bit over the credit amount, but Don graciously covered the overage. It made my day. :D

Thanks to another secret santa that got Papa Elf a Tatar and a DW :). I currently don't have a DW to fly, so that is a nice kit to have :).

Back