Secret Santa 2012!

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I got my package about two weeks ago and never posted it.

One more day. Packing inside is limited. I here one big metal thing rattling around in there. :)

image-1937312502.jpg

Through careful clipping of the available information... I believe I know who my SS is. And NO I did not open the packages!

Merry Christmas everyone!!

Christmas morning has well and truly arrived here in Australia and the time has arrived (finally!!) to find out just what's inside my Secret Santa box!

SS01.jpg

I started by carefully tearing off the paper....

SS03.jpg

To reveal my gift!!! A genuine United States Postal Service box!! Thank you Secret Santa!! It's wonderful!!!

SS04.jpg

No, hang on... That's not right.. It feels like there's something in the box.... I wonder...

SS05.jpg

Yes!! There WAS something inside the box!!

It's an Art Applewhite 10" Cluster flying saucer :)

SS07.jpg

WOW !! That's very cool :smile: I can't wait to build this!! I've built a couple of Art's free plans but never had one of his full-size kits :smile: this is really nice!!

Secret Santa, whomever you are, thank you!!

Krusty

Merry Xmas Krusty! It looks like you are off to a good start! I liked your post and pics.

Finally got open my SS gift:D Thank you SS for being so generous. Thank you Papa Elf for organizing this. Merry Christmas everyone and Happy New Year!

IMG_1159_zps9fb0078f.jpg

IMG_1160_zpsef721370.jpg

That was mean.
My family stayed up last night after I went to bed, and unpacked my SS gift. They then take stuff off my workbench, put it in the box, and put in a fake letter about how my gifter was in hard economic times, and just got some clearance items instead. So I rip open the gift this morning, and pull out a pack of C6-0's, a loose B4-4, a load of balsa wood, and an estes launch controller. My sister starts laughing, and my mom goes back into her room. She gives me a long thin package, and I rip it open. Inside is...

Drumroll please!!!!

LOC ONYX!!!!!!!! I LOVE YOU SS!!
(Oh, who was my SS?)

PS, did I mention that they got it all on tape?

That was mean.
My family stayed up last night after I went to bed, and unpacked my SS gift. They then take stuff off my workbench, put it in the box, and put in a fake letter about how my gifter was in hard economic times, and just got some clearance items instead. So I rip open the gift this morning, and pull out a pack of C6-0's, a loose B4-4, a load of balsa wood, and an estes launch controller. My sister starts laughing, and my mom goes back into her room. She gives me a long thin package, and I rip it open. Inside is...

Drumroll please!!!!

(Oh, who was my SS?)

^^ Sounds like the kind of thing MY dad would have done. ^^
(Only he would have included a couple of those oval centering rings.)

:lol: :roll: :tongue:

:hohoho:

Happy Christmas! (It's 4:30 am here still, and the rest of the house is asleep. Including my in-laws out in the living room. No sneaking an early look at my SS gift or me, even if it IS the 25th.)

That was mean.

Drumroll please!!!!

(Oh, who was my SS?)

LOL, my thanks to your family for adding to the fun.

Hope you enjoy the Onyx (almost got you the Weasel, but looks like I lucked out cuz I think you already have one!)

I'm expecting lots of PICS!

Merry Christmas, and Straight Smoke Trails!

Tom

That was mean.

Drumroll please!!!!

(Oh, who was my SS?)

HA! Now that is funny!

Here is Kari the Krazed Kraken with the contents of my SS gift.
Two Easy-Touch hand sanders, tweezers, and HUGE forceps.
Thank you Secret Santa!!!

P1016979_SS12.jpg

Tried out the little sander already and was amazed how much easier it is to do bevels.

:marshmallow:

WOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!

Got a Pro 29 6G Case! I can't WAIT to lose it!

Also some 38 spacers AND more candy then I could have ever asked for!

THANK YOU SS! (who are you?)

Alex

I got a 29mm starter set AND a Wild Child!!

WHoever you are, you are my new best friend <3

Here is Kari the Krazed Kraken with the contents of my SS gift.
Two Easy-Touch hand sanders, tweezers, and HUGE forceps.
Thank you Secret Santa!!!

View attachment 109081

Tried out the little sander already and was amazed how much easier it is to do bevels.

:marshmallow:

That long sander in photo is great guide for marking body tubes :)

CIMG6207small.jpg

WOHOO, a 38/360 Dr. Rocket motor!!!! Thanks so much, Secret Santa!!!!! Sad to say, the case is only two years younger than me! I can hardly wait for the next launch to fly it!

My entire family took guesses at what it was, it will now be a yearly tradition. Thanks so much, SS!!! I have a suspicion it was jus_rockets, since he is the only one from Phoenix. Thanks for the special note too!

Merry Christmas, everybody!

View attachment 109087

WOHOO, a 38/360 Dr. Rocket motor!!!! Thanks so much, Secret Santa!!!!! Sad to say, the case is only two years younger than me! I can hardly wait for the next launch to fly it!

My entire family took guesses at what it was, it will now be a yearly tradition. Thanks so much, SS!!! I have a suspicion it was jus_rockets, since he is the only one from Phoenix. Thanks for the special note too!

Merry Christmas, everybody!

That's a nice looking case you got there. I am sure you will enjoy using it.

First I open the certified llama box and find this
image.jpg
Little Bucky Jones!

Then I open the brown box and find this
image.jpg
Madcow fg piranha!

But wait, there's more!
image.jpg

Recovery, chute protector, and aeropac retainer!!! Thanks secret Santa from colorado that sells motors, I really appreciate it. Have a blessed holiday and a jolly new year. I gots some buildin' to do now!

AH I finally got to open my Secret Santa gift! When I got a moment after the family presents I went to the office and cracked it open:

Looks like a "Sky Twister" RTF starter set, a pink parachute, some 1/4 rod lugs and i have no idea what the other things are. My son thought the starter set rocket was cool so I guess it will be for him - I'll donate the launch pad and controller to the local school or something since I don't need another launch pad. I can always use a HP parachute and the lugs and whatever the other things are will get tossed into the hardware bin for use when needed.

THANKS secret santa whom I assume is Dragon64!

Oh, yes...the 29mm 6 grain that will allow me to add an airstart set of 29s to my 5" Jart. Well played, and well timed, Secret Santa!!!

That's a nice looking case you got there. I am sure you will enjoy using it.
I've got a Madcow Cowabunga that is begging for a H178 Dark Matter...
I'm totally psyched! Thanks again so much, SS! It has been an AWESOME Christmas so far!

DRUM ROLL PLEASE!!!!!!!

the PAPA ELF SPECIAL IS

freaking huge...... many many thanks to all the vendors who contributed..... two little rocket elves have laid claim to a few.

DSCF4555.jpg DSCF4553.jpgDSCF4554.jpg

That long sander in photo is great guide for marking body tubes :)

Excellent idea!

ANd oh cripes....
WHile emptying the Santa Hats I found this little jewel from Rob Appleton, the disturbed genius behind the Attack Llama decal.

P1017030_decal.jpg

Thank you! It is great, but just have to decide what to put it on.

There are two of those decals currently in existence. Once went to Layne, coz he is the main Llama botherer. The other should be out there somewhere, unless it didnt quite make it to someones PO Box in time.

Back