March Madness!

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah. You always have to pick two 12's to beat 5's. I didn't pick UW-M as one of them though. I should have also gone with Old Dominion to beat Michigan St. Big 10 teams always tank in the tourney.

Originally posted by Henry8minus1
Right now Illini and I are tied for first!

I've got last place locked up!!! Several upsets I picked didn't happen (some were close) and several big names choked!

Originally posted by Rocketmaniac
We have our first upset of 2005 Tournament ..... Alabama got beat by Wis. Milwaukee 83-73. I don't think Alabama ever had the lead......

Yeah, so much for being seeded #5. :(
Not counting the first few seconds, Bama never led through the whole game. I think alot of people picked it though. There was talk all week about this being an upset. So if everyone predicts it, does that still make it an upset? ;)
I still can't believe they lost the first game. :rolleyes:
Roll Tide!, anyway. Except now I don't know who to pull for.
Illinois, Wake Forest, Kentucky, nah??? :)

Tim

Duke had to tough one out against Delaware State whom their Coach Jackson prepared well with an effective strategy in the 1st half that worked quite well. At the moment there is a three-way tie for first. Pretty competitive for just 5 people!

What's with the top seeds this year? Save for the ugly Baby Blues no one has blown out anyone else. Oh well, it makes for exciting basketball, which is better for the fans anyway.

I was also quite impressed with the effort given by Vermont! Bouncing Syracuse in the first round is quite impressive! Nice job Catamounts! :cool:

Howsabout Kansas taking a dive in the first round? Warms any Illini's heart!

Originally posted by illini
Howsabout Kansas taking a dive in the first round? Warms any Illini's heart!

I didn't pick either one, but go Bucknell! Go Vermont!

So much for Kansas trying to stick it to ol' Roy!

Oh it's tough being a Charlotte grad and fan. Once again they have been sent home after one game. And by a dang NC-ACC team... anybody but a NC-ACC team! :kill: me now.

Atlantic-10 here we come.

There's something wrong with their calculations. By my count, I've got 24 right and 8 wrong...score should be 240. Same for Radiator. Looked at your bracket and thought you had 25.

I guess ESPN didn't update all the scores right away. At the moment these are the standings

1 - Henry8minus1 - 250, 25C/7I
2 - Radaitor - 240, 24C/8I
2 - Illini - 240, 24C/8I
2 - raw9jr - 240, 24C/8I
5 - Rocketmaniac - 200, 20C/12I

I've verified each bracket. However, when I first went to the site, it listed Rocketmaniac's score as 170, but he had 20 correct. I guess it takes a long time for ESPN to update all the scores. But I'm sure they have a number of brackets to process.

Illinois cruises.

BC loses.

Lots of upsets in this second round so far. If only the Salukis can take down OSU...

Better watch out Illini.
Wisconsin's on an upset roll.
Took out #5, then #4. Is #1 next?
I doubt it. But, it's definately worth watching.

Tim

I can smell Wake all the way over here in Durham!

Kidding guys! West Virginny wanted that game more than Wake, with the exception of Taron Downey. WVU earned the win.

My question is, can Chris Paul play a game without playing dirty? (He piled on top of a WVU player last nite, and has punched some dude in the bits and pieces the previous 2 games he was in)

Guess we won't find out until next year. Hopefully, I'll have to watch the NBA to find out!
:rolleyes:

My Albuquerque bracket is in shreds! The mighty Wake has fallen.

Just to avoid any confusion...that sea of orange you'll be seeing in Chicago is *ILLINI* orange.

Just to avoid any confusion...that sea or orange you'll be seeing in Chicago is *ILLINI* orange.

Illini, I expected you to change your sig line to say something about sweet 16!!!!!

Go Devils!!!

Go Wolfpack!!! I never would have thought they'd get this far! Time to dig out my old student shirts!

Go to H*ll, Carolina! (Sorry, it's a Duke kinda thing!)

I think only Duke has played two road games in the tournament this year. They may have well played our 1st and 2nd round games in the Dean Dome with all those heel fans in the building.

Also, 10-seed NC State is looking mighty good at the right time of year! It stinks that Duke and NC State are playing at the same time next Friday. :mad:

Oh well, I may just have to find a sports bar with both games on side-by-side. Cheering for my two favorite teams at once?!?! Now that's something I've NEVER done before!

How'd this happen? I'd written myself off after watching many of my early second round picks evaporate...but I'm leading and in the 97th percentile overall?? That's just plain nutty! Just to make it interesting, what say the winner gets a free one-year membership to TRF? :D

Just to make it interesting, what say the winner gets a free one-year membership to TRF? :D

You know, maybe next year we can hit up a few of our TRF vendors for a prize or two to generate interest in the bracket challenge. :cool:

Just my $.02

Just so you all know, I have suddenly become a fan of Arizona, Wisconsin-Milwaukee, and Michigan State. No idea why! :D

**freshman retreats into cave until March Madness is over**

UW-Milwaukee I get.

However, Michigan State is next!!!

When not cheering for Duke, I will throw my weight behind Milwaukee, Villanova and Utah

While Duke is playing, I will simultaneously cheer for NC State!

Friday night will be hard to contain myself. Thank goodness for the Varsity Ale House! The atmosphere should be great with Duke, NC State AND Ugly Baby Blue fans all in the same house!

Hail to the Orange, Hail to the Blue,
Hail Alma Mater,
Ever so true (so true).
We love no other, so let our motto be
Victory, Illinois, Varsity!

Owch! Gonna take a hit with the Washington loss. But then again, I had them playing Georgia Tech. Albuquerque bracket stinks! However the town itself is rather nice!

Illini will extend his lead even further at this point.

However, it is scant consolation that I'm still leading the pool at fireherbsendek.com

It should be dually noted that I'm one of the few who like Coach Sendek.

raw9jr has the lead now based on last night's games. Comes down to one basket with 2.8 seconds left. Shot made, raw9jr is in the lead. Shot missed, I'm in the lead. Now, if MSU beats Duke tonight I'm gonna looking good!

Latest posts

Back