Scam or gift?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Reed Goodwin

Reaction score
Well, I received this email this morning:

"Your application will be processed at NAR HQ within one week. Your
membership license and initial information should arrive via first class
mail within two weeks. A membership guide book with additional information
on NAR membership programs will be sent via Standard Mail within 4 to 8
weeks after your membership is processed.

Since overseas deliveries take longer, if you are one of the growing number
of international modelers in the NAR, please be patient. Your deliveries may
take up to 12 weeks for your second member packet. Your magazines will be
delivered by either surface or airmail per your membership application

If you¹re renewing your membership, your will continue to receive both Sport
Rocketry magazine and the Model Rocketeer newsletter without interruption.
The second member packet will also be headed your way within 4 to 8 weeks.
We appreciate your renewal, and hope you will continue to enjoy your NAR
membership.

Please feel free to make immediate use of any NAR services at our Web
site(www.nar.org) or contact us by e-mail.

Welcome to the NAR!

Regards,
Mark B Bundick, President
National Association of Rocketry"

and I was wondering if this is a scam or maybe someone has gotten me a birthday present a little early. I want to be sure it is not a scam before I go asking people I know, etc.
Thanks,
Reed

you gonna have a birthday anytime soon? if so it might be a gift....it reads like the letter I got when I renewed.....

Sounds legit to me, although I don't remember receiving such an e-mail when I joined at the beginning of March.

(Please note that my not remembering it doesn't mean it didn't happen.)

That is the exact email I got when I joined the NAR about a week ago, so it looks like a gift.

Lucky you!

Jeff

Yeah, my birthday is in mid-May, the 19th to be exact. Hmm, I wonder who it could be...
Reed

I just got that e-mail a couple days ago too. But then again, I sent in my application and had my credit card charged for it, so I'd better be getting all of that stuff! :rolleyes:

WW

...besides, whats the scam? Now if Mr. Bundick emails you from Nigeria and wants you to give an account number so he can gain access to deposit...I used to get something similar to this years ago.

Sound ligit to me.

Bunny used to be known as "Shifty", but this isn't one of his known scams. ;)

Okay, so it sounds like it is definitely not a scam. I'll bet it was my dad and he signed up too and now he is letting me into the Jr. HPR program. I am hoping...
Reed

i gurantee its legit. Laike previously stated they didnt ask for nay personal info such as CC's or bank account info and the link it has is the exact link to nar site so yeah its legit or someone is playing a VERY mean joke on you.And its still april . April fools trick? :)

I just found out. It was my mom. Now, I wonder if my dad is joining so I can enter the Jr. HPR program.
Reed

Reed, does you dad have to join or can you find another mentor from the area club's membership?

Originally posted by KermieD
Reed, does you dad have to join or can you find another mentor from the area club's membership?
That's a thought. I have been launching at the Whitakers site for the past, well, 1 launch, but I have a feeling that there would be some regulars who would not mind or who might enjoy it, for that matter. Unfortuantely I will have to wait a little while until money supplies are back up (Missileworks RRc2 altimeter puts a small hole in my pocket) but when it is back, I will certainly look into that.
Thanks,
Reed

It's official! NAR# 84752! Now, to get some money so I can get into the Jr. HPR program...
Reed

Originally posted by shockwaveriderz
badboy: consider talking to your mom and dad about it..in fact show them this thread....
lmao iam 22 man my mom thinks modelr ockets are childish and that i should concentrate on my career instead. But i answer her with a video of me launching a nice large rocket and waving saying mom this is where all that money i make at work goes :D

Originally posted by KermieD

All you need is two certified members to sign off on your initial cert, and one to build the motor for you (and install the igniter) on all subsequent flights. Good luck with your jr lvl 1 if you decide to do it.

Back