My Deep Space Fantasy Model--Finally!

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I NEED one of these too. Should have picked one up the several times I've had the chance.

They do sometimes show up on ebay...
I opened mine. Then lost the instruction CD for a while.

kj

I have mine safely tucked away amidst all my other kits in my kit room!:lol:
Ya know ya got it bad when you designate a room as your 'kit room'!:pirate:

OK Scott! I started mine. I am on step 25.

While the glue was drying I build my Intercepter, finished my Tres and built a Mark, Sky Hook and part of a Star Blazer.:D

:surprised::surprised::surprised: Thank God! I was about to move, leave NARHAMS and join CMASS... Those guys consistantly build my kits while my club lets them ferment in their bags!:rolleyes:

:surprised::surprised::surprised: Thank God! I was about to move, leave NARHAMS and join CMASS... Those guys consistantly build my kits while my club lets them ferment in their bags!:rolleyes:

Tell you what....I get my hands on another(different) Rokitflite kit and I promise I won't let it ferment! Fake Wulf round 3 is still bagged, but it's been winking ;) at me from the peg it now hangs from. I stuck it in the original bag with the header and pretty gold sticker and all, and hung it right in front as a constant reminder. It WILL be built before spring...guaranteed!

I figured I'd just dump out my Big O model into a box and ship it off to the EMRR box-o-parts contest. :)

kj

Tell you what....I get my hands on another(different) Rokitflite kit and I promise I won't let it ferment! Fake Wulf round 3 is still bagged, but it's been winking ;) at me from the peg it now hangs from. I stuck it in the original bag with the header and pretty gold sticker and all, and hung it right in front as a constant reminder. It WILL be built before spring...guaranteed!

And that Craig is why you have doomed yourself to permanent beta tester status.:D

And I guess this leads into the next big question.

When is a new Rokitflite kit going to be coming out??? :dontknow:

Inquiring minds want to know.

The CMASS guys want something new to build and show off.

I guess I can live with that. Still, I want an Odyssey. :)

I'll get more done Craig... They are just such a pain to kit because they have a bunch of resin cast parts and a mess of tubes to cut. I never REALLY thought I would sell enough to worry about running out of kit panels or to have molds wear out... But I have.

That's fine, I'm in no hurry...just seeing how far I can twist your arm. ;) Just kicking myself for the times I've had one in my hands or staring me in the face and I didn't seize the opportunity. I'd rather see you invest your time in a new kit anyway, but I won't make the mistake of NOT getting an Odyssey if they become available again.:)

Then I guess it would be considered 'cruel' to do a build thread when I get around to building my O , Craig? :p

Then I guess it would be considered 'cruel' to do a build thread when I get around to building my O , Craig? :p

Jon, don't forget you've recently posted photos of your build pile(s). We could be well into retirement before you get to it. I think Craig's fairly safe...:D

I'll get more done Craig... They are just such a pain to kit because they have a bunch of resin cast parts and a mess of tubes to cut. I never REALLY thought I would sell enough to worry about running out of kit panels or to have molds wear out... But I have.

I won one in the NARAM auction but gave it away (in hopes of a later replacement) to a Forum member.

You're going to have to make at least one more so I can have a replacement!:D

I actually have 2 unbuilt. One I bought off of ebay quite awhile back and another I got from Scott when I ordered my Fakewulfs.:D I am only about three builds away from building one of them....so probably the end of next month.

You guys really need to build yours. They are spectacular in the air!

I agree with Bob!

The Odyssey is the model that I have taken the most care with, and the results were worth it! It looks great up close, on the launch pad, in the air, and coming back down. Also, it flies really well!

I have flown mine several times BEFORE I even finished detailing and painting. This rocket is an awesome flyer!! I am now in the process of adding the details, finishing and painting. Can't wait to fly it officially.

Scott you listening ?

I have built my Odyssey but I need to finish finishing it :D It is sitting patiently in its pewter gray. I need to paint the inside of the pod tubes. I have the CD around this mess somewhere...... what color do you reccomend. I was thinking about brushing on a flourescent of some type... maybe a blue ?

Jim

Jim, I know I am not Scott, but, the first color I thought of as reading your post was green, or maybe even red?? Blue sounds cool too...;)

Never been good with a brush, anyone got tips for doing something like this ?

I remember from making Nike-( Fill in the Blank ) models you have to paint flourescents over white. So I'll have to paint the inside of the tubes white first then go with the color.

Jim

After decals did you apply future to your prototype model ?

Jim

Well I am going for the fresh out of space dock look so future looks like it will be in the plan.

Jim

Looks great so far, Jim. I agree with Scott, brushing a small interior area like that is going to be your best bet. Or you can also use some bright colored reflective tape for a neat, glowing effect.

Check out Bob Cox's Andromeda....he used reflective tape to achieve this cool effect.

Bob's Qmodeling Andromeda

Latest posts

Back