My Deep Space Fantasy Model--Finally!

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Check out Bob Cox's Andromeda....he used reflective tape to achieve this cool effect.

Your right Foose awfully nice job Bob did with that one. I'm leaning towards maybe a bright blue ?

Jim

Check out Bob Cox's Andromeda....he used reflective tape to achieve this cool effect.

Your right Foose awfully nice job Bob did with that one. I'm leaning towards maybe a bright blue ?

Jim

Apparently you can get that stuff in blue too. He used some of the blue tape on his also, adding some accents here and there.

Here's the entire page showing more pics of the Andromeda, the method, and source for the tape.....

Reflective tape

Hey Craig thanks for posting the details. I am going to check ou the local Autozone and Pep Boys to see what they have. I think this would look pretty cool in the pods of the Odyssey.

Jim

Wow talk about a shameless plug :cool: !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well if I cant find a shade of blue that I like, I might take a look at trim monokote. Again maybe blue or possibly then the chrome one? I don't think gold would look right on a gray model ?

Opinions?

Jim

I painted mine with Rustoleum Hammered Green and covered the pods with reflective tape.

oddy2.jpg

oddy3.jpg

oddy5.jpg

odyssey 1.jpg

339 posts in a thread titled "My Deep Space Fantasy Model" and no one has thought to do this. You guys are such a disappointment.

My Deep Space Fantasy Model

seven8.jpg

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

339 posts in a thread titled "My Deep Space Fantasy Model" and no one has thought to do this. You guys are such a disappointment.

My Deep Space Fantasy Model

seven8.jpg

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Actually Don,
I asked her over dinner a few months ago if I could post a picture of her and she said no... I'll ask again the next time we go on vacation together.

Actually Don,
I asked her over dinner a few months ago if I could post a picture of her and she said no... I'll ask again the next time we go on vacation together.

Talking to your action figure collection is an early sign of mental breakdown.

Yes the Odyssey. Seven of Nine might be extra hot, but those borg ships got nothing on the Odyssey :pirate:

Jim

Borg cubes prove the old Air Force adage... put a big enough engine in a brick and it will fly.

Bonus points if you know what airplane we were talking about.

I thought the F-104 was known as the rocket engine with small wings added on afterwards

Jim

The F-104 is the widow maker.

The F-4 IS the brick

The Buff, they didn't have a big enough engine, so they used 8!

Landru absorbs you, Borg assimilate you. The difference is FESTIVAL!

Mark

I'm getting pretty close to finishing My Odyssey check the build thread. Hopefully I'll get some paint on her this week.

Yes the Odyssey. Seven of Nine might be extra hot, but those borg ships got nothing on the Odyssey :pirate:

Jim

HAHAHA i thought he said borg BOOBS the first time i read it :rotflol:

Latest posts

Back