• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Rocketry Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Advertisement: Found A Bargain!!!

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sandman

Reaction score
Eugene brought an idea to my head in his vintage post.

How about this? If you guys see a classic kit or a real bargain in a hobby store but you don't particularly want or need it (OMG I said that with a straight face:kill: )

Post an alert about it here!

If you are willing to purchase it for another forum member perhaps you can work out something using "Private Messaging".

This could be kinda cool!

I'll start...but these prices are from memory 'cause I didn't buy 'em... but I can if anybody wants me to.

I saw (this was last Thursday)

3 - 15th Star Wars R2D2 models in the close-out box $15 each

1 - NCR Star Wars X Wing Fighter (the really big "F" powered one) for $99.95 (OK that was expensive but I've seen 'em go for more than that on Ebay...sometimes)

There has got to be more out there!

sandman

That sounds like a good idea. I have purchased a few rockets at really deep discounts only because they were a deal.

Should we ask the moderators for a 'trades' category?

I think this a great idea. The only hangup is that I think some folks wouldn't be able to overcome the idea that they can get more for the kits on eBay.

BTW, I picked up an Estes Sweet Vee for Ken Parker today. Although it wasn't a steal, it certainly was a good find. The feeling I get for helping someone else locate a rocket is certainly awesome. This is the 2nd Estes glider I have located for Mr. Parker. Let's just beg him to bring one out to Whitakers for an encore flight!!!

Perhaps another angle could be to establish a barter or trade system. Rocketeers could then trade their excess kits for good finds. I wouldn't be opposed to something like this.

My personal feeling is that if I cannot afford the kit, then I would be more than willing to pick it up for another fellow rocketeer.

I think we should all be in the business of helping each other out. The other day Astronboy sent me some extra Fatboy fins that he had laying around - for FREE! I certainly believe that sometime not too long from now I will in return help someone else out.

Great suggestion Sandman. I think I will now have to take you up on your R2D2 offer. I REALLY want to keep one in it's bag and build one for flight. (Email to come shortly.)

Let's help each other out.

Well as one of those people that detests paying 100 bucks for a Little Joe II kit on ebay, I think this is a great idea. Not only would it be good for finding rocket kits, but parts, especially tubes, nosecones and motor mounts would be excellent.

Also, items like the Rocket videos would have my attention. 8)

Personally, I think Ebay, and even the rocket auction house is too high for some of the kits.

Anyways, I hope this becomes a reality.

I would not expect someone to trade a collectible kit for less than market value... but relativeley recently OOP kits are another matter. I picked up a handful of Mosquitos because I know that I can propably trade to someone in a year or two for a nose cone or set of decals or something like that. I have already been sent an OOP nosecone, and I am sure that if I needed some other part, several members would offer a trade or sale for a minimal fee.

it could be used for HPR as well , like trading Altimeters for cases,etc......

matt

Sounds like a great idea.

In my local model shop is a Quest Star Wars Special starter set with the USS Enterprise rocket in. It's been sat on the same shelf for a good few years and is now down to half price. I've searched EMRR for a review but nothing was there.

Is it worth buying?
Thanks

Mike,

K & B Toys a US toy liquidator had 'em for $10 and well...ya get 3 C6-3 motor and a launch pad so I got one.

OK I guess the "Enterpise E" is all foam, all right for a ready built I guess but not worth much more.

Good thing ya asked Huh!

Don't pay more than 7 Pounds UK for it. (sorry we don't have THAT symble on our keyboards).

sandman

I have a whole gob (that's technical talk describing the quantity 10 to 15) of the old Estes plastic X-wing star wars fighters. They are the little ones, and were originally packaged with one motor.
I picked them up at a local "dollar store" when I saw a couple racks full, intending to give them away as contest prizes or something.
But I never did use them, and they are now just laying around, in the way, so if someone wants the rocket part for maybe 50 cents each plus postage let me know. I will ship the plastic RTF X-wing rockets but not the motors (I'm not going to Leavenworth if I can help it).

Originally posted by sandman
Mike,

K & B Toys a US toy liquidator had 'em for $10 and well...ya get 3 C6-3 motor and a launch pad so I got one.

OK I guess the "Enterpise E" is all foam, all right for a ready built I guess but not worth much more.

Good thing ya asked Huh!

Don't pay more than 7 Pounds UK for it. (sorry we don't have THAT symble on our keyboards).

sandman

I won't bother then, it costs £15 (that's half price, origianally £30) and UK law says they can't sell motors with kits so they're even taken out. If you're thinking thats very expensive estes starter sets are usually £15 - £20 here (without the motors.)

I guess it can sit on the shelf for a few more years then.

I got 2 more R2D2's!

These are the really BIG ones! 4" in diam. the 15th aniversary ones.

I paid $15 each and will sell 'em for $16... I had to pay sales tax on em.

I'll bring them to Whitaker with me...if I have any room left in my p-up truck!

The hobby shop still has one of the big NCR "F" powered X-Wing for $100.

sandman

hi sandman

if i may ask, where do you purchase your kits locally. i am south of detroit and frequent commonwealth. are you aware of a place or places "up north" of me, in your area. just looking for new kit sources.

thanks
reggie::cool:

Back