• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Rocketry Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Sold Christmas Special

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JAL3

Reaction score
I have a special deal to offer anyone who wants to take it. It consists of the following rocket kits:

Aerotech Strongarm
This Strong Arm kit was the first midpower kit I ever bought. I probably chose it because it bore a passing resemblance to the AGM-78 and I was a navy partisan. I later learned that it was actually supposed to be based on that missile. This is an exceedingly strange kit because it is boxed and the original sealing tape is in tact. I was not known for my ability to "not peek" but apparently I managed with this one. It has a 29mm motor mount and recovers by parachute. It is new and unopened.

Estes Star Wars Sith Infiltrator
This one is a "Ready to Fly" fantasy scale of a ship from episode 1. I think of it more as a "toy" than a model but I have nothing against toys. It has an 18mm motor mount and parachute recovery. It is new and unopened but there is some box crushing.

Fliskits HEMV-4
It's another MMX! This one is a SciFi themed rocket with a 6mm motor mount and streamer recovery. It looks like it is still in production. This one is new and unopened.

Estes Star Wars Tie Fighter
This is a fantasy scale version of the Star Wars Tie Fighter. It is the 15th anniversary edition and is new and unopened but a crimp can be seen in the body tube. Fortunately it is an Estes BT so it should be easy to replace. It has an 18mm mount and recovers under a parachute

Quest Viper
This is nothing fancy and is a beginner's kit with a plastic fin can. It's not particularly uncommon. This particular one has the distinction of having traveled all over Texas with me for the last decade but I suppose that it's hard to monetize that. It's an 18mm parachute recovery kit that is new and unopened.

All of theses kits, and another, were purchased already. The purchaser ask me to hold on to them in case others were bought in order to save on shipping. This I agreed to do as I have agreed for several others.

Along the way, the purchaser notified me that he had found one of the kits elsewhere and asked me to take that kit back and apply the credit to another. I did this without comment.

I attend my best friend's death and return to find that the purchaser has also bought replacements for each of the other kits and wants a refund. Then, because I could not be contacted while gone, he panics and files a claim against me with PayPal. This last is the one semi-reasonable action; he had no way of know my situation and did try to contact me. Unfortunately the only message that reached me on my phone was the one from PayPal.

I don't want to deal with him. I don't want to deal with PayPal. I authorized the refund. That has several implications.

1. I am hacked at myself for being a pushover.

2. The very sight of these particular kits puts me in a rage where I want to destroy them.

3. I realize that is neither a good nor rational reaction but I still want to get them out of my sight.

4. That means that you get a bargain. I am offering the 5 kits as a group. They will not be broken up. The price is $1 for each for a total of $5. Here is the kicker: You have to pay the shipping as well, whatever that turns out to be. I will need a full address to calculate that. I do know that the issue that started this mess is that the shipping is not going to be cheap. I will offer refunds only for damaged goods or me failing to keep to my part of the deal.

I will be home shortly after 7am central time. I will check my PMs at about 3. It's going to be first come, first serve.

Attachments

• 20210803_163914.jpg
    20210803_163914.jpg
    121.2 KB · Views: 22
  • 20210808_094519.jpg
    20210808_094519.jpg
    192.5 KB · Views: 23
  • 20210808_152433.jpg
    20210808_152433.jpg
    93.6 KB · Views: 20
  • 20210910_100145.jpg
    20210910_100145.jpg
    96.4 KB · Views: 18
  • 20210824_104231.jpg
    20210824_104231.jpg
    54.7 KB · Views: 12
Dibs!

[EDIT]VVVVVV Like mrwalsh85 (below), I should add that I'm also sorry to hear that things didn't work out with your previous buyer. I was overexcited to see a kit that I've been wanting to get for some time. Hope things are improving for you.

Last edited:
That's a bummer that you've been through the wringer. Sorry to hear about that.

Over the years, I have bought and sold items to / from John. Always good to go. Never a problem...BTW Sorry about your friend. Best friends are hard to come by...

My condolences, John. Remember the good times. Nothing I could ever say will replace your friend, and a best friend is irreplaceable. I lost mine a few years ago. Peace in your head, heart and hearth.

It's amusing that the postage was over 17 times the price.

哦..好! 我很高兴我们不必等待。

他们到了我会通知你的。

再次感谢!

直到那时...

圣诞快乐! 和新年快乐!

PS:谷歌翻译是你的朋友

Rockets arrived well packed. Some damage to the box, but considering that it was being kicked around Chicago from Dec 29, 2021 to Feb 5, 2022, It could be expected. Just to be clear, I'm not blaming JAL for the mistreatment of the box at all.

Pleasure Doing Business with you JAL3. If I find something else in your clearances I won't hesitate to order again from you.

Latest posts

Back