Goonieprise GNE 1701

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Another goony fan here! Given enough nose weight to move that CG way up, it will fly just fine. *DO* swing test in different orientations to be sure.
Swung, and tested. Seems to fly fine without any additional weights. You could think of that saucer as an extra ~15g weight on the nose. Nosecone total weight is 28g.
Total weight of rocket loaded for flight, C6 : 90g, Empty 65g

Oddroc standards are very low so good first flight. It went up, came down with zero grievous bodily injuries! Equilize the drag by adding more to the shuttle fin (warp nacelles?) or reconfigure to body with defiector dish. Whatever looks good because being really really good looking is key.

As you feel the Dark Side forces flowing through the ship it might need a C6 0 with a small amount of BP on top. I know mixing Science Fiction franchises is dangerous, but we must do what we can to fly the rockets we love. :)

It flew! Nice!!! :)

What's the all-up CG on this ship? I somehow picture the topview CP to be slightly below the center of the bare tube between the saucer rear & the nacelle front. That would suggest that the CG to be closer to the top of the body tube?

Congrats again! Go goonies!!!

I think it just needs a nickel or two glued in the nose.
A few nanoliters of Corbomite usually does it for me. Don’t overdo it or you could lose the use of the launch field

Dilithium also works, but unless you can spare 30 minutes for ignition, you risk a major (and I mean BIG) CATO or reverse time lapse.

If things go south, Neither are covered under NAR insurance.

Back