Wildman Acquiring Composite warehouse Kits

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Why don't we just chill a bit and see what shakes out in the next few months? I think Tim would rather have time to execute his plan vs answering neve ending questions on TRF from us goons.
Thank you Justin .
I am looking forward to this next challenge/opportunity.
Those who know me will know i will put my heart and soul into this to make it work .
We still offer great products right now it's only going to get better with a better variety and i am hoping a much faster service .

Thank you Justin .
Those who know me will know i will put my heart and soul into this to make it work .
We still offer great products right now it's only going to get better with a better variety and i am hoping a much faster service .
Tim you will get through this new challenge with flying colors. It may take a few months but you will do it. Your so right you have very nice kits already.

"We still offer great products right now it's only going to get better with a better variety and i am hoping a much faster service."

As far as Tim's fast service.

I made an order Monday at 9am for some FG tubes, rings and retainers. It was delivered at 2:00pm the next day!

Congratulations on you new acquisition moving forward.

Phil

I missed commenting on this when it was first announced, but I'd like to say that I am looking forward to having the full spread of Composite Warehouse fiberglass parts available from a reputable vendor.

One question I have for @WILDMANRS is will you offer the multiple options in wall thickness for tubes and nosecones that CW had available? For example, your current 4" tubing is amazing for rockets with 75mm motor mounts, but feels more than a bit overkill for something flying on 54mm motors.

Thank you Justin .
Can't wait Tim! It's gonna be great!

I missed commenting on this when it was first announced, but I'd like to say that I am looking forward to having the full spread of Composite Warehouse fiberglass parts available from a reputable vendor.

One question I have for @WILDMANRS is will you offer the multiple options in wall thickness for tubes and nosecones that CW had available? For example, your current 4" tubing is amazing for rockets with 75mm motor mounts, but feels more than a bit overkill for something flying on 54mm motors.
That's a good question but given how I was "beat-up" for just wanting the plain old G12 CW offered I didn't dare ask. Good luck! :)

I for one hate the fact that there are different sizes of nosecones/tubes that may or may not fit together correctly. More standardization is better. If you have some one-off project that demands a thinner-thicker-blue-pink component and it gets supplied to you the rest of us have to pay for it with higher vendor costs.
In a world where paint exists I fail to see the need for colored tubing anyway. But I get it. I was at a launch and the line had probably 100 people in it, around 50% of them had an unpainted cardboard rocket, and there were a good number of "bare" dyed fiberglass rockets

That's a good question and i do not have an answer to that yet .
From a manufacturing and inventory stand point it would be a solid no .
IMO trying to inventory sizes, colors, shapes is one of the things that created problems for CT/CW .
however that is not to say they can not be made in a special order option .
I will just have to wait until we start making this stuff and see how much of a problem it is .

Wildman hobbies is pleased to announce that we have reached a agreement with Composite Warehouse / Curtis Turner to purchase their Aerospace/rocketry assets (rights to all of their Kits / all of the rocketry mandrels and equipment to manufacture nose cones and tubes ) along with a non compete agreement .

It will take us a couple months to get up and running so please bear with us as we get this new business going .

We understand there may be some outstanding orders with Composite Warehouse.

We have talked with CW and they plan on fulfilling all of their outstanding obligations . While CW is responsible for their outstanding obligations, we will do our best to help in the transition.

CW has created a customer service email specifically for this [email protected]

Thank you
Tim Lehr
OUTSTANDING!

I will say this, with one minor exception, everything I have ordered from Tim @WILDMANRS has been perfect, and the one thing that was slightly off was taken care of in a few days with a absolutely perfect replacement.

He has responded to everything kindly, and I will continue to order from him.

I bought a 20 year old Darkstar 4" kit. No switch band, old style formed nose cose with parting line, and no metal tip. The switch band and new nose, extra bulkhead, and sleds I ordered for it, fit perfectly.
When everything goes fine, is not the measure of a business or a man, it is when there is a problem, that you can see who will last. He handled it quickly and fairly. (The nose cone was mis-machined, off-center, and super knife edge thin on one side) I sent it in for inspection, and received a perfect one in less than 5 days.

Every motor, rocket, or part, I order shows up quick, just top notch product and service.

Based on this behavior, I expect we will all be very happy when he gets everything settled out and in production.

And he is a very kind, intelligent man, who loves flying rockets.

I hope he is blessed beyond measure.

Steve

Back