2023 Black Friday (and surrounding) sales and deals

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am waiting for something good too. Hats and ornaments are nice but I want Pro Series stuff. I just placed an order on Black Friday with another company for a hundred bucks of Estes stuff because their regular price was less than Estes Black Friday sale price. I didn't know about stacking codes. Anyway, still need Pro Series parts because only Estes has them. Hope they have a sale that somehow applies to those.

-Bob

I ordered a bunch of stuff last year, which is why I have 2 of those Leapers. I think I got a patriot and I know I got the Star Orbiter deal with engines. Sales are not as good this year, so I haven't ordered anything yet. They definitely are limiting the overall value (or cost from their perspective). Would have liked the ornament (I have several years' worth) but it is the same shape as past. I still like Estes products and usually their customer service is great. I'm just flush with kits and parts, so I guess I'm not hungry enough this year.

Estes has a BOGO! But it's only off select rockets.

It's actually 50% off on the web site right now, and only on select rockets. But if you aren't looking to spend $100 and get free shipping, that takes a lot of the shine off it. When I was done paring down my order, the shipping was more than the average cost of each rocket and I decided I'm better off letting Hobby Lobby hang onto those rockets and buying them there if/when I decide I need them. Or tacking them onto an ACSupply order.

It's actually 50% off on the web site right now, and only on select rockets. But if you aren't looking to spend $100 and get free shipping, that takes a lot of the shine off it. When I was done paring down my order, the shipping was more than the average cost of each rocket and I decided I'm better off letting Hobby Lobby hang onto those rockets and buying them there if/when I decide I need them. Or tacking them onto an ACSupply order.
You are correct, it's 50% off and not a BOGO. Depending on what you wanted to order, it's essentially the same, but I was wrong in exactly how the discount worked.

Any ideas what the "last chance" Estes 12 Days of Christmas sale means? It's supposed to be on the last day of the sale.

Today's sale on Estes.com: 15% off site-wide (ok I suppose, especially if you can stack a 25% coupon) + free "vintage rocket" with purchase of more than $50.

EDIT: According to the email, the free rocket could be:
  • Dark Silver
  • Executioner
  • Astrobeam Launch Set
  • Orange Rush
  • Solar Warrior
  • FlutterBy
  • Long Tom

Last edited:
When I saw the offer I read the & as 8, so I thought it was 8 free vintage rockets for $50. I thought it was finally a good deal.

I bet the people who bought a Red Sapphire the day before for full price must be fuming knowing they could have gotten one today for $6 less.

It stacked with the LAUNCH2023 code for me. Picked up a bulk pack of D12-5s and F12-4s and a couple of miscellaneous things.

cheers - mark
Yup, it stacked with other %-off discounts, like the 30% off scale kits or the Cyber Monday 25% off site-wide deal. I think it can only used once per customer, though.

Today's sale on Estes.com: 15% off site-wide (ok I suppose, especially if you can stack a 25% coupon) + free "vintage rocket" with purchase of more than $50.

EDIT: According to the email, the free rocket could be:
  • Dark Silver
  • Executioner
  • Astrobeam Launch Set
  • Orange Rush
  • Solar Warrior
  • FlutterBy
  • Long Tom
Typo in the email, I believe it should be Orange Crush, not Rush.
Would be nice to get a free Dark Silver or Executioner.

It's not a bad deal. I love the Executioner (have 2). Simple, and big, it makes a great blank canvas for paint schemes. But with my luck I'd get one that I don't prefer. Unfortunately, I am flush with kits, parts, and motors, but not extra time. No rockets under my tree this year! :confused:

If they have all these oop kits in the warehouse, why not have a clearance section on their website? I'm sure they could move a lot of these.

If we look at original mail:

FREE rockets will be sent at random and include rockets no longer in production. Such as the following:

• Dark Silver
  • Executioner
  • Astrobeam Launch Set
  • Orange Rush
  • Solar Warrior
  • FlutterBy
  • Long Tom

Key is: such as following

If we look at original mail:

FREE rockets will be sent at random and include rockets no longer in production. Such as the following:

• Dark Silver
  • Executioner
  • Astrobeam Launch Set
  • Orange Rush
  • Solar Warrior
  • FlutterBy
  • Long Tom

Key is: such as following
The good news is that it wasn't a Leaper! 😂😂😂

Back