Eggtimer Rocketry Annual Holiday Sale - 2023

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cerving

Owner, Eggtimer Rocketry
TRF Sponsor
TRF Supporter
Reaction score
It’s time once again for the Annual Colossal Spectacular Eggtimer Rocketry Holiday Sale. Despite having to grant the Elves an extra cost-of-living sugarplum increase, we’ve managed to hold the line on great deals. This year’s sale will run from Saturday Nov. 11th through Monday Nov. 27th (Cyber Monday).

First, Da Rules... This is a pre-order pre-paid sale. We will fill your order from stock if we can fill your order completely (and we have pretty good stock on almost everything). However if we run out of an item we’ll let you know and give you the choice of either waiting until the order is complete, or shipping what we have now and paying extra shipping for the backordered items. Assuming we can ship your order complete, we ship on an as-paid basis... if you place your order the first day of the sale and wait until the last day to pay us, you’re going to be near the back of the line and more likely to have a backorder. Therefore, IF YOU ARE BUYING AS A GIFT FOR SOMEONE ELSE, ORDER AND PAY EARLY! Note that made-to-order items (anything with an Eggfinder RX, international RF products) will most likely be delayed by at least a few days as we invariably will struggle to keep up with the orders.

To order, send an email to [email protected], let us know what you want and be sure to include your full name and shipping address (your TRF handle or PayPal address alone isn't enough).

Good, now that this is behind us, here are the deals:

Altimeters/AV Bay Stuff
  • Eggtimer Apogee (single-deploy at apogee), reg. $15, sale $12
  • Eggtimer Quark (dual-deploy), reg. $20, sale $16
  • Eggtimer ION (non-deployment data logging, WIFi), reg. $20, sale $16
  • Eggtimer Quantum (dual-deploy, data logging, WiFI), reg. $40, sale $32
  • Eggtimer Proton (6-outputs, 200G accelerometer, data logging, WiFi), reg. $80, sale $65
  • Eggtimer Quasar (3-outputs, GPS transmitter, data logging, WiFI), reg. $100, sale $80
  • (specify band... North America, EU/UK, AUS/NZ, 70cm Ham)
  • Eggtimer Mini WiFi Switch, reg. $15, sale $12
  • Eggtimer WiFi Switch (w/continuity indicator), reg. $20, sale $15
Altimeter Telemetry
  • Eggtimer Telemetry/Voice Starter Set, reg. $95, sale $70 (Add $10 for 70cm Ham)
  • (includes Eggtimer Telemetry Module, Eggfinder LCD receiver, Eggtimer Voice Module; specify band... North Americal, EU/UK, AUS/NZ, 70 cm Ham)
  • Eggtimer Telemetry Module, reg. $20, sale $16
  • Eggtimer Voice Module option for LCD receiver, reg. $20, sale $16
  • Eggfinder LCD receiver, reg. $55, sale $50
GPS Tracking
  • Eggfinder Complete Package w/TX transmitter, reg. $180, sale $153 ($158 with Mini transmitter)
  • Includes Eggtimer TX transmitter, Eggfinder LCD receiver, Eggfinder LCD-GPS Module, Eggtimer Voice Module
  • Specify band... North Americal, EU/UK, AUS/NZ
  • Eggtimer Quasar Starter Set, reg. $210, sale $178
  • Includes Eggtimer Quasar, Eggfinder LCD receiver, Eggfinder LCD-GPS Module, Eggtimer Voice Module
  • Specify band... North America, EU/UK, AUS/NZ, 70cm Ham

• Eggfinder TX/RX transmitter Starter Set, reg. $100, sale $85 ($90 with Mini transmitter)
  • Includes Eggtimer TX transmitter, Eggfinder RX receiver (specify USB for Windows or Bluetooth for Android)
  • Specify band... North America, EU/UK, AUS/NZ
  • Eggfinder TX transmitter, reg. $70, sale $55
  • Eggfinder Mini transmitter, reg. $75, sale $60
  • Eggfinder LCD receiver, reg. $55, sale $50
  • Eggfinder LCD-GPS option for LCD receiver, reg. $40, sale $32
  • Eggtimer Voice Module option for LCD receiver, reg. $20, sale $16
  • Eggfinder RX "dongle" receiver, reg. $35, sale $30 (specify USB for Windows or Bluetooth for Android)
As usual, thanks for your continued support!

Cris Erving, Eggtimer Rocketry

Last edited:
1699644159581.png

It will never cease to amaze me that you can get a barometric deployment altimeter for $12. Would love to see GPS's come down into this price range! :D
Agreed! The Quarks are also pretty cheap great for redundant dd imho since they're small, simple and reliable (for me). I'll try them in some small dd rockets next year.
Season 3 Episode 6 GIF by Paramount+

Aww, I just bought two Quarks like a week or two ago! I guess I need to get me a Quasar.... I'll admit, I'm a bit hesitant to take on such a complex soldering job. I've already built a Quark and a Quantum

Awesome! Can't wait to order a Proton tomorrow! I want to get some accelerometer data bad and I think it's time to finally retire the Adept 22 that has been backup on most of my flights.

Yup -- I bought five pieces! Anyone have an old board or two that they could part with that I could practice my soldering on? :)
Just do a search on Amazon for "surface mount soldering board practice", they are less than ten bucks. Although I had done a lot of "through the hole" soldering I was concerned about the learning curve for surface mount, so one of these practice boards was a big confidence builder. Its just not that hard, Chris supplies the proper solder and just make sure your iron is at the right temp with the appropriate sized tip and you have some reading glasses or other magnifier if your near focus vision isn't great. There are a bunch of SMT soldering videos on YouTube, easily found searching on "surface mount soldering".

Just do a search on Amazon for "surface mount soldering board practice", they are less than ten bucks. Although I had done a lot of "through the hole" soldering I was concerned about the learning curve for surface mount, so one of these practice boards was a big confidence builder. Its just not that hard, Chris supplies the proper solder and just make sure your iron is at the right temp with the appropriate sized tip and you have some reading glasses or other magnifier if your near focus vision isn't great. There are a bunch of SMT soldering videos on YouTube, easily found searching on "surface mount soldering".
By the time you pay for shipping, you may as well throw an Apogee or Quark into the bin for practice. If it goes well, you get an altimeter out of the deal.

By the time you pay for shipping, you may as well throw an Apogee or Quark into the bin for practice. If it goes well, you get an altimeter out of the deal.
Yes, I tried one of those practice boards from Amazon, and after a few resistors said to myself, "This isn't so bad, might as well try one of the Eggtimer kits." Soldered the first Quantum without any problems. Should have saved my money and just bought more Eggtimer gear instead of that practice board.

I've always wondered... Why did Chris call his company/products "Eggtimer"?

Another possibility is one of the WiFi switches, for your older, non-Eggtimer altimeters. I have an Altus Metrum TeleMini with an Eggtimer Mini Switch to turn it on and off. Great little combo! Fits in my LOC Nuke Pro Maxx, or my Nike Smoke with ease.

AND DON'T FORGET TO ORDER BATTERIES WHEN YOU ORDER KITS! The only way Chris can ship the batteries is with a kit.

Anyone out there who assembles these kits might want to post in this thread, let rocketnutz know price, timeframe, etc.

Chris, do you ship directly to an assembler? It ought to save time and shipping cost, rather than shipping to the buyer, buyer ships to assembly guy, assembly guy ships back to buyer...

Another possibility is one of the WiFi switches, for your older, non-Eggtimer altimeters. I have an Altus Metrum TeleMini with an Eggtimer Mini Switch to turn it on and off. Great little combo! Fits in my LOC Nuke Pro Maxx, or my Nike Smoke with ease.

AND DON'T FORGET TO ORDER BATTERIES WHEN YOU ORDER KITS! The only way Chris can ship the batteries is with a kit.
Great suggestions! Also don't forget to order stuff like terminal blocks, antennas, cables and other misc (found under the "Purchase" section).

+1, that's the one I've been eyeing.
For $20, the Ion seems already discounted. I've assembled three so far and all seem to work. I tried inserting them in a BT60 NC which mostly worked. I need to add more padding to the altimeter. The main problem I've had is that I couldn't find a battery that would work with the Ion. A friend finally mailed me some that works with his Ion. He also has the Telemetry/voice kit so I ordered one of those.

The important point to know when assembling the wifi enabled altimeter is DON'T THROW AWAY THE 8-DIGIT CODE ON THE PLASTIC PACKAGING. If you do, you need to buy the kit so you can connect to your computer's "terminal" so you can get the code. This should be printed in big block letters at the beginning of the instructions or printed under the code to not throw this away.

1699821730774.png

Some of you may be wondering why you haven't seen an invoice yet. It's because we've been at a launch all weekend, the Internet wasn't good enough to go into PayPal and create invoices. We expect to be caught up with them sometime tomorrow, thanks for your patience.

P.S. That's also why the sale isn't posted on our web site either... that will be fixed too.

Some of you may be wondering why you haven't seen an invoice yet. It's because we've been at a launch all weekend, the Internet wasn't good enough to go into PayPal and create invoices. We expect to be caught up with them sometime tomorrow, thanks for your patience.

P.S. That's also why the sale isn't posted on our web site either... that will be fixed too.

Im in no rush
I have to build up the courage to do a 5/5 solder difficulty project....

Back