People using the Eggtimer USB receiver - What are you mounting it in?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

conneryc

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
So last year when I got back into the hobby I bought the Eggtimer Quasar and LCD receiver kits. Assembly was pretty easy and I've flown the Quasar successfully after ground testing. With the LCD receiver I got the USB option for it so that I could use an Android to track the rocket. Everything works fine. Just recently I wanted to expand the capabilities, so I bought another altimeter (Quantum) TX telemetry module, GPS module for the LCD receiver, voice module and USB receiver module. I've assembled and tested the GPS and voice modules and mounted them in a case that I 3D printed since the one that I was using before was too small.

Now I'm looking at assembling the USB receiver to connect to my laptop for a secondary ground station, but I'm wondering what others have mounted it in to use with their PC. I guess I could just make something in Fusion360, as it just needs to be a small case to attach to the laptop, but wanted to see what others may already be using.

Thanks

I ended up with a small plastic enclosure and I bought a different USB cable from Amazon. You have to pop the lid open on the USB cable and move the TX wire over to the VCC terminal. I just velcro it to the monitor on my laptop

DTECH FTDI USB to TTL Serial 3.3V Adapter Cable TX RX Signal 3 Pin 0.1 inch Pitch Female Socket FT232RL Chip Windows 11 10 8 7 Linux MAC OS (6ft, Black)​

Mini Transparent Enclosure- Blue Plastic- 0.59inch X 1.58inch X 3.15inch-2pack​

Latest posts

Back