Eggtimer Quasar LCD Receiver setting?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mtnmanak

Reaction score
This may have been answered somewhere else, but what is the best setting for the LCD receiver when using the Quasar so I get telemetry and GPS data? I looked in the manuals, but couldn't find anything (may have missed it). In the thread introducing the Quasar (in the Sponsors forum) , Cris notes the LCD thinks the Quasar is a TRS, but that it can be set to the Mini/TX setting to avoid the long wait time of the TRS. But, if I set it to Mini/TX, that won't pull telemetry, correct? So, should I use Quantum or Proton setting instead?

Set it to TX/MINI. The LCD receiver sees the TRS-formatted data which is imbedded with the GPS transmissions and decodes it appropriately. Eventually we'll merge the data types so additional telemetry beyond altitude & channel status can be displayed, hopefully sometime later this year. If you use the altimeter device settings for the LCD receiver (Quantum, Proton) you won't get anything... the TRS format is not the same as the ETM format.

Set it to TX/MINI. The LCD receiver sees the TRS-formatted data which is imbedded with the GPS transmissions and decodes it appropriately. Eventually we'll merge the data types so additional telemetry beyond altitude & channel status can be displayed, hopefully sometime later this year. If you use the altimeter device settings for the LCD receiver (Quantum, Proton) you won't get anything... the TRS format is not the same as the ETM format.

Thanks for the answer Cris!

Back