Eggtimer Quasar With OpenLog Data Logger

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Has anyone mounted an OpenLog data logger to a Quasar? If so, can you share photos and/or build guidance? I’m interested in doing this but…
  • The OpenLog has six pins and the Quasar only has 4 holes labeled for it. (I’m guessing only 4 of the six are needed???)
  • The size of the OpenLog seems too big for the spot on the board to mount it as I have on other Eggtimer’s (specifically the Quantum).
I am admittedly a newbie when it comes to electronics. I’ve successfully built and flown several Eggtimer products and love them. I have to believe Chris had a plan when he designed the Quasar and provided a spot for the OpenLog. I just can’t find it in the instructions or user manual - nor can my brain logically determine what to do.

I decided to post here rather than just email Eggtimer support because sometimes, people here find ways to accomplish things that are different than what was originally intended.

I'm a DIY builder that uses Openlog and OpenLagers. EggTimer Inside cerving should answer directly to you.

I run the three required wires: Vcc, Gnd, and TX to the Openlog RX connection. The other connections are not required.

Back