Wildman Acquiring Composite warehouse Kits

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
just like i said in post #50 and #73
It's going to be available, but not our normal stock.
But what if I can only fly fiberglass tubes that was made in the light of a full lunar eclipse with the blood of a cartoon chicken hawk on the 29th of February, With the Mandrel being turned by young busty blondes between the age of 17-21 while being sung to by Janis Joplin? :) Oh and I don’t care about the color, just ship it! lol

I’m still waiting for mine from April 2022… After I posted here earlier I was contacted by Curtis and assured he was going to ship me my order… I have given up at this time, told him he won, took my money and provided nothing but empty promises. Seems slightly sadistic to keep contacting me to assure me he’ll fill the order but then nothing… Either way I wish him success as long as it keeps him away from the hobby. And also good on Tim for recognizing the opportunity, I’ll be ordering with confidence now…

I know you're making a joke but nothing about organic specifies not using fertilizer.
Shame Facepalm GIF by MOODMAN

The dye aids during the visual inspection in the manufacturing process, to avoid structural defects.
Maybe. Without knowing more we really cannot say. My suspicion is the dye is from an industrial application of the past supplier.

This is getting pretty far off track and let’s see what actually happens with the equipment and manufacturing.

I scratched my head when you said you worry about dye. You totally lost me when you then said you clean with solvents. With that kind of flawed logic in your argument, I feel safe disregarding anything else you might try to convince me of.

Tim's tubes are red. It's his "thing". Some like it. Some don't. Just like natural fg. Some like that and some don't. If you don't like it, buy something else, or learn how to paint. Don't know what else to say, except this whole thing is a silly argument to have. Especially since Tim has said he'll make whatever color you'd like, as long as you're willing to pay the extra costs for it (so you have a third option).

Good luck Tim!
+1 one on this... Well said!

What do you clean epoxy with?
My epoxy is pretty clean right out of the bottles, so it doesn't need cleaning. But after I apply it and smooth it out with my bare finger, I wipe my finger on a paper towel. A half hour or so later I wash my hands with pumice orange hand cleaner. So far, I still have a majority of my fingers, although a significant amount of hair seems to be missing. (Here comes the inevitable discussion on the toxicity of epoxy, as if all epoxy was the same, and everyone's reaction to it is the same. 😒)

But what if I can only fly fiberglass tubes that was made in the light of a full lunar eclipse with the blood of a cartoon chicken hawk on the 29th of February, With the Mandrel being turned by young busty blondes between the age of 17-21 while being sung to by Janis Joplin?

You'll need someone at the facility to verify the purity of the process. I'm on my way!

My epoxy is pretty clean right out of the bottles, so it doesn't need cleaning. But after I apply it and smooth it out with my bare finger, I wipe my finger on a paper towel. A half hour or so later I wash my hands with pumice orange hand cleaner. So far, I still have a majority of my fingers, although a significant amount of hair seems to be missing. (Here comes the inevitable discussion on the toxicity of epoxy, as if all epoxy was the same, and everyone's reaction to it is the same. 😒)
The situation I am talking about is spilled drips of epoxy on rockets and work surfaces. Epoxy in my case is West Systems 205. I find acetone and ipa clean it right up. I have not found anything that will clean it well and quickly other than solvents.

I recommend wearing gloves and other ppe to avoid getting it on yourself, but that is not what I was referring to for dyes and messes. Sorry for the miscommunication.

To stay on topic, I have some other questions. I understand some of this may be a secret and respect a “no comment” response.

Is the plan to wind tubes with the same technique Curtis used? Ie the same pressure in the filaments, epoxy ratio and wall thickness.

Curtis also used precision tooling to cut and make fin slots. Were you able to buy those tools in the purchase?

Thanks, Alex

Wildman hobbies is pleased to announce that we have reached a agreement with Composite Warehouse / Curtis Turner to purchase their Aerospace/rocketry assets (rights to all of their Kits / all of the rocketry mandrels and equipment to manufacture nose cones and tubes ) along with a non compete agreement .

It will take us a couple months to get up and running so please bear with us as we get this new business going .

We understand there may be some outstanding orders with Composite Warehouse.

We have talked with CW and they plan on fulfilling all of their outstanding obligations . While CW is responsible for their outstanding obligations, we will do our best to help in the transition.

CW has created a customer service email specifically for this [email protected]

Thank you
Tim Lehr
FANTASTIC!!! Thank you Tim! This is great news for our hobby!

To stay on topic, I have some other questions. I understand some of this may be a secret and respect a “no comment” response.

Is the plan to wind tubes with the same technique Curtis used? Ie the same pressure in the filaments, epoxy ratio and wall thickness.

Curtis also used precision tooling to cut and make fin slots. Were you able to buy those tools in the purchase?

Thanks, Alex
Why don't we just chill a bit and see what shakes out in the next few months? I think Tim would rather have time to execute his plan vs answering neve ending questions on TRF from us goons.

Why don't we just chill a bit and see what shakes out in the next few months? I think Tim would rather have time to execute his plan vs answering neve ending questions on TRF from us goons.
That is a very reasonable angle as well. If Tim wants to respond he can and if not he is not disrespecting us at all. He certainly needs time to figure things out and we should be patient.

Maybe. Without knowing more we really cannot say. My suspicion is the dye is from an industrial application of the past supplier.

This is getting pretty far off track and let’s see what actually happens with the equipment and manufacturing.
the people higher up in the know, have shared this information with several of us.
Please tell me who ,because all of this is confidential and releasing any of the details is a violation of the contract.

Last edited:
Back