ThunderStruck 2012 Registration Open (Indiana)

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I can hear it now, moments into Manny's flight, " we'll at least he got the up pieces right!":eyepop:

Ben, I haven't forgotten about you... Kelly may not go now, as Manny has completely smashed her tender young heart. So, we may be able to work something out.

Dont worry about it... I think that I convinced my mom to take me ( I hope!!!)
It would certianally be a nice last hurrah for spring break.

Well, I don't want to jump the gun just yet, BUT at the Tripoli Indiana monthly meeting (this Sunday, Feb. 12), the membership will vote on a proposal for incorporation as an Indiana not-for-profit business entity (this is why all of you non-members in the midwest should join Tripoli Indiana as members). The papers are already drawn up and have been reviewed by a lawyer. This opens the door for private insurance to be in place by Thunderstruck. SHHHHH !!!!! (it's a secret - stay tuned for further details).

Anyone know if this is going to happen or not ? Sure would be cool to have the whole weekend to fly research.:)

Darin

Anyone know if this is going to happen or not ? Sure would be cool to have the whole weekend to fly research.:)

Darin

Darin, I can only tell you that this is 99.9% sure of too happen.

What a lot of people don't know is.......
1. A lawyer is involved.....
2. An insurance company is involved....
3. There are more than a few fee's......
4. A lot of paperwork.....
5. Re-writes.....proofing....
6. More fee's.....
7. Paperwork.....again....etc.

In the end, it will all be worth it....for us and, our friends like you to enjoy the benefits.

Please be patient and, we should know something soon!

Last edited:
Too Manny.......

Ah yes....spring time in Indiana! "Sunshine here....flowers there....carbon shrapnel.....everywhere."

Too Jason.......

"Were Jason's kids.....we don't die....we multiply.....and when daddy flies....we be tag'n.....the rocket wagon..."

Too Tim......

"I liken using SIM data to having 'virtual s:Dx'......i know what i'd rather be doing."

Too Claude.....

"Canada! Just like America,.....only cleaner and friendlier" I can't pick on Canucks.......sorry.

Too Wildman......

"I just got my Passport in the mail yesterday......if you need someone to go to Canada and pick up all that stuff and put those little signs on the side of your Sprinter van and, get it back into the USA......YOU'LL LOSE BY A FEW FEET PER SECOND."

Too E-Town......

"I'd really like too get a bag of cheese curds.....the big circus peanut sized ones.....i'll leave you alone........"

Too Gus and Steve......

Oooooppps!

Too Devin......

"Your not going to let a truck driver beat an aerospace engineer.....are you?"

Sather? Bring this young one "Ben" with you.....We need fresh blood to terrorize like we did with.....Manny....

Cue the Vincent Price laughter in 3...2...1....

Last edited:
"I'd really like too get a bag of cheese curds.....the big circus peanut sized ones.....i'll leave you alone........"

But I don't want to be left alone! And just a pound...that won't even last us Saturday afternoon!

What flavor....fresh n' Manny, er I mean fresh n' squeaky? Aged with a bit of Gus-to to them? Sprinkled with little garlic and dill? White and stringy?

PM sent!

-Eric-

Today, I picked up the trophy that the winner of the "Farmageddon Mach Madness Event".....will receive.
Although it is a simple gesture out of my pocket...no charge...I'm really looking forward too the amount of interest the event "within an event" will bring to the show.
Along with the still to be determined gift certificate from Wildman Rocket and, the most generous donations from ROCKETS magazine....I'm sure it will be A LOT of fun....

(Bigger and better prizes are sure too follow next year, so don't stay on the fence on this one......)

Thank-you......

Wildman's is offering a prize for the person who does the most night flights with a nite bow at Thunderstruck.
The prize will be determined at the launch depending on the amount of flights recorded.
Good luck
Tim

ALMOST FORGOT
I am running a special for this event
turn any 54MM glass rocket into a night flier for only $100
you will get
nite bow 5.1
payload tube
coupler
bulk plates
all of the hardware need
this special is limited to the first 10 customers only and only for the Thunderstruck competitors

Thank you
Tim

ALMOST FORGOT
I am running a special for this event
turn any 54MM glass rocket into a night flier for only $100
you will get
nite bow 5.1
payload tube
coupler
bulk plates
all of the hardware need
this special is limited to the first 10 customers only and only for the Thunderstruck competitors

Thank you
Tim

So ANY Wildman Jr., DarkStar Jr., Warrior, Shape Shifter or Drago can become a night flier??
Awesome deal. I just picked up a Draglo for this. Guys, If you haven't seen one of these lights in action you are missing out. They are so easy to set up and need NO wiring,switches, only a 9v battery. I built mine in about 2 hours. I can post a small build thread on the electronics bay if anyone is interested.

Jason

So ANY Wildman Jr., DarkStar Jr., Warrior, Shape Shifter or Drago can become a night flier??
Awesome deal. I just picked up a Draglo for this. Guys, If you haven't seen one of these lights in action you are missing out. They are so easy to set up and need NO wiring,switches, only a 9v battery. I built mine in about 2 hours. I can post a small build thread on the electronics bay if anyone is interested.

Jason

One caution... (Which bit me). The Thunderstruck night launch is limited to Class 1 flights which may rule out some of the bigger fiberglass kits.

One caution... (Which bit me). The Thunderstruck night launch is limited to Class 1 flights which may rule out some of the bigger fiberglass kits.

"Dra-Glo" passes with flying colors! I just weighed mine, it's 2lbs, 1.4oz. without motor.

Last edited:

Ya, what Tim said. Sim's for the Draglo put it at about 3,000' on most 29mm 3 grain motors. So you have plenty of colors to choose from.

Wildman's is offering a prize for the person who does the most night flights with a nite bow at Thunderstruck.

Dibs. Just NUMBER of flights? A function of how fast you can turn the rocket? My NiteBow Snitch is gonna clean house.

Up until today (this A.M. to be exact), I was not 100% sure if I was going to be able to attend Friday of TS3, but my vacation request was approved after a lengthy delay (8 weeks). Work is crazy busy, many irons in the fire at work, etc...

I intend to film TS3 in its entirety, and I hope the weather cooperates and I hope to capture many hours of video. The footage will then be post-produced in the following couple of months following TS3. Thank you for your interest and support, and I look forward to seeing you all in Ash Grove at the end of next month!

Justin

Last edited:
Great news Justin. I always look forward to your videos. If you need it, I will lend you a hand getting your flight in.

Last edited:
To have Justin videotaping all three days at our event is AWESOME news!

"I want photographic EVIDENCE of the Carbon Nightmare SHRED for my own personal video library."

3-2-1.......*crack!*......woooooWHOOSHHHH!!!.................confetti.......

Last edited:
To have Justin videotaping all three days at our event is AWESOME news!

"I want photographic EVIDENCE of the Carbon Nightmare SHRED for my own personal video library."

3-2-1.......*crack!*......woooooWHOOSHHHH!!!.................confetti.......

I would like to see video of the Dante shred ;) and the "Manny's Nightmare" Shred, I think the only one that won't shred is probably Eric's carbon slipper......

Manny

I would like to see video of the Dante shred ;) and the "Manny's Nightmare" Shred, I think the only one that won't shred is probably Eric's carbon slipper......

Manny

Doh! Manny, making such a statement is a kiss of death; a stamp of impending doom! At least when it shreds, now I can blame it on you! Geez, thanks for shredding my rocket, Manny!:y::wink:

-Eric-

Doh! Manny, making such a statement is a kiss of death; a stamp of impending doom! At least when it shreds, now I can blame it on you! Geez, thanks for shredding my rocket, Manny!:y::wink:

-Eric-

Just eliminating the competition;) Here's a little sneak peak of the fin can of the rocket that is going to dominate the competition.

Manny

Lay up.jpg

Manny aren't you going to feel bad when I spank you with a slightly modified $100 rocket
Tim

Actually..........I'm going to feel pretty good when I take home your gift card and that slick bowling trophy:D

Manny

Manny aren't you going to feel bad when I spank you with a slightly modified $100 rocket
Tim

Modified Blackhawk $100.00

38mm C-star motor $0.00 (5G? 6G? 6XL???)

Entry fee $25.00

Not having to pay out a $1000.00 gift card......$0.00

Getting to watch Manny shred......Priceless.

(Plus Manny will most likely have to buy some new hardware from you since he won't recover the booster)

Getting to watch Manny shred......Priceless.

Not gonna happen, some other people on the other hand might shred.....so watch out for those parts people, I predict fiberglass/carbon rain in ash grove over the last weekend in march:duck:

Manny

Commercial fliers will also be able to fly (and certify) on all three days. Stay tuned for further developments.

Have I missed something here or are the "further developments" yet to be anounced? Sure would like to make the necessary arrangements for a Friday flight if I can. Thanks for all your work on this.

The field layout for ThunderStruck 2012 has been finalized. FIFTY-SIX (56) launch pads for your flying pleasure means less time waiting in line and more time flying. The launch field layout is shown below. On-line (discounted) preregistration ends March 18. Hope to see you at Ash Grove.

Field%20Layout.jpg

Had a date change on a gig that may have impact on our annual trip to see our southern Indiana friends....

:(

May still pull off a trip on Friday... Seems reasonable enought o pull the kids out of school right? :)

Back