ThunderStruck 2012 Registration Open (Indiana)

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Any chance the launch will be research all three days?

Well, I don't want to jump the gun just yet, BUT at the Tripoli Indiana monthly meeting (this Sunday, Feb. 12), the membership will vote on a proposal for incorporation as an Indiana not-for-profit business entity (this is why all of you non-members in the midwest should join Tripoli Indiana as members). The papers are already drawn up and have been reviewed by a lawyer. This opens the door for private insurance to be in place by Thunderstruck. SHHHHH !!!!! (it's a secret - stay tuned for further details).

Well, I don't want to jump the gun just yet, BUT at the Tripoli Indiana monthly meeting (this Sunday, Feb. 12), the membership will vote on a proposal for incorporation as an Indiana not-for-profit business entity (this is why all of you non-members in the midwest should join Tripoli Indiana as members). The papers are already drawn up and have been reviewed by a lawyer. This opens the door for private insurance to be in place by Thunderstruck. SHHHHH !!!!! (it's a secret - stay tuned for further details).
That sounds good Vic.
If all three days are research the second O motor flight should be a go.
Bears OMG rocket. OMG= O Motor Girl.
Propellant will be Brilliant Blue.

Another group of Midwest rebels! ;)

That sounds good Vic.
If all three days are research the second O motor flight should be a go.
Bears OMG rocket. OMG= O Motor Girl.
Propellant will be Brilliant Blue.

Larry, you're making my head spin!!! I can't wait for Thunderstruck! I also plan on having the highest flight of the weekend;)

Manny

Indeed young lad. Looser need not wear dress, but will provide a meal for the victor. (And I don't mean Barlow)

-Jason

:lol: I think we can make this happen. If you're going to be at bong today, we can discuss it there.

Manny

So it's looking like I might not be able to go at all. There is a 45 minute ceremony on the 30th. I have absolutely no part in it other than another face in the crowd, yet my chain of command is trying to tell me that no one can take leave for that day. I'm going to keep working at it, but these people are pretty unreasonable. :(

It's official. My leave chit was denied. No Thunderstruck for me. :(

This just means that I will be going to Midwest Power instead! I've already told them about that, so there won't (shouldn't) be any surprises. :rolleyes:

Last night (Sunday, Feb. 12), the membership of Tripoli Indiana voted (unamiously) to incorporate as a non-profit incorporation under the State of Indiana code. This offers greater liability protection for members and landowners. It also opens the door to private insurance (i.e. QCRS and Midwest Power). The legal paper are in progress and insurance will be next, hopefully in place for ThunderStruck 2012. This will have the greatest impact on RESEARCH fliers, allowing them to fly on Friday, Saturday AND/OR Sunday. Commercial fliers will also be able to fly (and certify) on all three days. Stay tuned for further developments.

This offers greater liability protection for members and landowners. It also opens the door to private insurance (i.e. QCRS and Midwest Power). The legal paper are in progress and insurance will be next, hopefully in place for ThunderStruck 2012. This will have the greatest impact on RESEARCH fliers, allowing them to fly on Friday, Saturday AND/OR Sunday. Commercial fliers will also be able to fly (and certify) on all three days. Stay tuned for further developments.

:wave:

:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

:cheers:

Great news. Thanks for going through all the work to make this happen. See you all in a month. Sather

It's official. My leave chit was denied. No Thunderstruck for me. :(

This just means that I will be going to Midwest Power instead! I've already told them about that, so there won't (shouldn't) be any surprises. :rolleyes:

Nick, sorry too hear you won't be able to make it......If you have preregistered we will get you a refund.
I did the "military thing" myself and, when your Uncle needs you.... well we all know that quote about "Military Intelligence".:rofl:
You will REALLY enjoy MWP, its been a must do thing for me going on 9 years now.....Great field, people, and ALOT of fun...look forward too seeing you there!

Just a warning though.......Sometimes things that happen HERE....translate into things that happen THERE....

Patience, little grasshopper. The mentoring program is emerging from the transporter buffer. We’re waiting on pattern lock.

Wow, that's a lot of TV quotes for someone without a TV.

I have a 180 lbs project flying on two N's. Anyone willing to help?

I'm still negotiating with my boss for the weekend, but if present, I'll be glad to help. What day are you planning to launch her?

Got a BIG ROCKET? ... Now is a GOOD time too let us know what your special needs are and we will make it happen!

I'll have my Jayhawk with an M3400 WT, fresh from her weather scrub on Sunday at MWP9. 160 pounds, 1515 on one side and unistrut on the other. Sounds like you'll have something that will hold it.

IMGP5809.jpg

Last edited:
I am now taking orders for the drag race. If you are interested get a
hold of me to secure your place in the race,and a chance to win a free PRO 54 3G reload for the lowest altitude.
Thanks,
Darryl

Darryl, you have me in there right? /Tim

I am now taking orders for the drag race. If you are interested get a
hold of me to secure your place in the race,and a chance to win a free PRO 54 3G reload for the lowest altitude.
Thanks,
Darryl

Hey everyone....I'm proud too announce that is official!

Along with the Wildman Ky. Drag Race we will also be having a Mach Madness contest spread out over the course of the three day event!

Officially known as "The Thunderstruck 2012 Farmageddon Mach Madness Event".

The rules are posted on our forum at Indiana Rocketry but, for quick review here they are........

1. The event starts at range open on Friday and runs till 3pm on Sunday.
2. $25 buys you in too the contest.....fly as many times as you want...fly as many rockets you want all weekend for just a one time fee....
3. The rocket must have one motor only in it.....No clusters, airstarting, staging, or multi-staging.
4. The motor may be EX or commercial.
5. DO NOT break the waiver.....automatic disqualification.
6. After your flight, the rocket MUST be returned to the LCO table and shown to be complete and re-fly-a-ble in a reasonable amount of time....No missing parts, zippers, items needing too be re-epoxied.
7. At the table the download must be done from an ACCEL. capable altimeter......NO BARO data accepted.
8. If the download requires you to pull it too a laptop, please bring it.
9. Fastest speed to the second decimal place MACH wise determines winner.....ie 2.76, 3.12, 1.87......in case of a tie.... feet per second also recorded wins.
10. You must be of appropriate age and cert. level for the rocket you are flying.
11. You may kick the chute/streamer out at apogee or dual deploy.
12. The rocket MUST be pointed in a straight up attitude. NO extreme angling.

There can only be one winner, the prize is a trophy supplied by me....you win it...its yours, no rotation here. We are also working on a gift certificate from Wildman Rocketry for the winner.....

SOOOOOO......Let the smack talking begin......

Well...........................................

Also, in adition to these rules, I will be your official judge for the "Farmageddon" event. Jason, where are you? :bangpan:

Manny

When have you ever heard of a participant as the judge???

Sorry Manny, that's a no-go. I will report only to a neutral party. Besides, how will you be able to judge while out looking for boosters?

BA-ZING-GA

Ok....:eyeroll: this is where you two little monkeys disappeared to....our forum has gotten too quiet....

On the subject of the "Farmageddon Mach Madness Event"......No Manny you may not...It is very kind of you to offer putting your dad in charge of the results but....but, since "Team Ballestero" will be competing...i can not have an impartial judge involved in the tally....."Eagle Eyes Cash" has volunteered his services and thats it.

So far we have commitments from.....
1. Jason "Hot Tub" Griffin flying his Space Cowboy on a CTI-L935.
2. The "Manny's" with Carbon Nightmare on a CTI-M3700.
3. "Don Claude" and his scratch built on a CTI-L1440.
4. Tim "The Chi-Town Hustler" Lehr 29mm dia. scratch on a super secret "Special Sauce" Jeroen mixed 29mm.
5. And ME.......Sam-I-Am on a CTI-N10,000.....

Your all going down....hard....crunch.....

Jason you should know better than too pick on someone smaller than you...:no:

Manny...I'm going too make you wish you had stayed home that weekend and worked on your Taylor Swift scrapbooks......:cry:

I plan to have everything pre-prepped so that when i get there on saturday afternoon i can hand it off to "Lumberjack" while i get my day-glo vest on and then i press that button.....its all over in one second....

"There are going to be cows five miles away squirt'n chocolate milk for the next few days."

I called and, talked to Jackie last night as one of you clowns gave the Wildman a serious bug this last weekend at "Bongzilla" and he's still on the couch....proably as we speak....I wanted too know how my order for my "Atomic Laxative" was coming along and when it would arrive.....

Seems she didn't know that i put Tim down for a $1000 gift certificate and my cheapo ex-bowling trophy i'm donating too the cause.....

You heard it hear first Tim's fronting "Big Money" on this one boys......

"Run what you brung....and, hope you brought enough."

Second place is first loser....
Third place is second loser....:rofl:

Last edited:
Tim intends to win so he doesn't need to dish out a prize ;)

Me, I have to do some sims on a couple of minimum diameter 38's and 54's to see if I have a chance in ____...

Last edited:
Back