Indiana Rocketry heads back to the Sod Farm on 3-20-16!

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SS/EA 6BBL 71 Cuda

Reaction score
That's right folks Indiana Rocketry is hosting its FIRST launch of the year at the Purdy Sod Farm (South Location) on Sunday March the 20th! :D
Flying will start up around 10am and, close around 5pm EST. Class 1 rules are in effect and, we would love to see you all out there...
We are still working out some details that will be posted shortly to our Facebook page and, Website pertaining to some guidelines in parking along with a new entrance into the field, so please stay tuned.
Vendor (Mr. Bob Jablonski of County Line Hobbies) not committed at this time but, hopefully there! ;)
Stay tuned for more details as the week winds down.

Caution-Adult orientated content in continuation.

I'm NOT a politically correct individual and, i'm very proud of that.

With that being said, IF, IF you go to our Facebook page (and, i don't because i have a life) and, see the rants and, raving of a certain "neighbor" of our Sod Farm location about disobedience of our club at a past years launch...

I want you too know something-:no:

Since founding this club (many years ago) along with four other hard working, dedicated individuals we have NEVER had a complaint from our neighbors and, residents in the Lafayette Indiana area. We provide a safe and, fun environment for adults and, CHILDREN to participate and, learn MORE about the dynamic sport of Model Rocketry.

Because Lord knows that helping CHILDREN learn about SCIENCE and, providing a CLEAN, SAFE, WHOLESOME source of entertainment on a Sunday (My ONLY day off a week) does not bother me until the disconnected ramblings of person who the neighborhood has deemed (by accounts from fellow neighbors enjoying a day with their children....with us) sorta NUTS...makes me angry.

I'm very sorry that your *Dog* had to take its tranquilizers and, possibly you too after hearing the occasional "Whoosh" of an Estes Rocket and, seeing little toy Rockets flying through the air far from your house. :yawn: I would be more concerned with a rabid squirrel letting out a long winters nap "Nut diet induced fart" on your front doorstep than calling the Police dept to shut us down.

I can assure you that shutting us down will not/did not happen and, that the Officers that responded to the call were more than happy to let us know that they wanted to come back with their children to our next launch! :eek:

I humbly recommend-
1. Getting off Facebook.
2. Stop giving your dog tranquilizers.
3. Getting a Man, Woman or someone else in life. (Your choice, not mine.)
4. Coming down to see us and, learn about the great benefits that we provide to the young minds that will someday take care of us old Farts...

Because Lord knows (sorry for the religious reference-again) That coming out of the Stone Age was just yesterday and, the future is looking pretty bright for those who come out of the dark.

My name is ALWAYS below if i would like to leave a complaint, compliment or throw trash at me.

See you all there! :smile:

I'm going to complain.....might as well be the first, I'm driving past Purdy to launch at 3oaks dang it, didn't know about this launch.

Alas, it will be good to see some friends and meat some fliers up north. So already planned but hopefully the next one. Hope you guys have a good turnout.

Things will be fun with you at the launch control :)

2 days ago the weather forcast looked bad, but now:cool:. Three Oaks Sat, Purdy Sun. Looking forward to it.
Nick Fly big Sat, smaller but just as much fun Sun.

I'd love to but prior commitments on Sun, someone send up a sparky for me!

I'm heading to RepRap fest in Elkhart on Sunday to find out more ways to get in trouble with 3D printers. So I will miss you this time. Do we have another launch scheduled? I would love to get those launches on my calendar before someone else schedules activities on all of those days.

Things will be fun with you at the launch control :)

It's always a happening event when that let me rock the turntables...We will catch at the next event Nick! ;)

Three Oaks Sat, Purdy Sun. Looking forward to it.

Bob...Your support of our humble little club has ALWAYS been appreciated and, welcomed. Thank-you...:D Bring all the motors you have. :headbang:

I will miss you this time. Do we have another launch scheduled? I would love to get those launches on my calendar before someone else schedules activities on all of those days.

Right now, we don't have the April or May launch in the books and, i suspect we soon will. This year is starting out late and, slow for us Justin but, i expect better information and, planning to be forthcoming. Thank-you too for always supporting us. :eek:

I wanted to give a quick update here- I discovered last night that our website indianarockety.org is down for awhile and, although we have a very capable Webmaster who will surely fix the problem....He's also settling his mothers Estate at this time.

Family first.

I would direct all inquires to directions and, general club information to our Facebook page at this time till further action can be taken.
Or, just ask here or PM me and, i will do my best to answer any unanswered questions. Thank-you.

Hope to see you there! ;)

Mr. Air force with a little army rocket?

Thanks Bob!:eek: Wearing long underwear and, my *puffy* work clothing on a cool windy day in west central Indiana makes my a$$ look big!:lol:

We had five members show up and, got off 12 sterling flights...;) Not bad for such short notice and, website currently down,.

Here's some GOOD news- We now have TWO perspective high power fields in the works... Hopefully we can give you some better news in the next month or two.

Thanks to all of you that still believe in us...:eek:

Thanks for posting and letting us know about the launch Mr. Gus. and on a side note the RTF crayons can move if you put a D in them:cool:

Here's some GOOD news- We now have TWO perspective high power fields in the works... Hopefully we can give you some better news in the next month or two.

Thanks to all of you that still believe in us...:eek:

Oh, we are paying attention - and certainly believe in you. Good to see that you guys got to go out and fly a bit yesterday!

Back