EVENT Indiana Rocketry, Inc. (IRI) ThunderStruck 2024 Regional Rocket Launch 4/12--4/14, 2024

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

VictorBarlow

Reaction score
ThunderStruck 2024 is LESS THAN 1 MONTH AWAY (28 days to be exact). Online registration closes on April 5th – that’s just 3 weeks from TODAY.

The ThunderStruck 2024 Regional Rocket Launch will be held on Friday, April 12th through Sunday, April 14th, 2024, at the Pence High Power Launch Field near Pence, Indiana, off County Road North 1000 West in Warren County, Indiana. The field will be open for flying from 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. each day. Indiana Rocketry, Inc. has a waiver from the FAA for 17,999 feet MSL.

More information can be found here: https://www.indianarocketry.org/thunderstruck REGISTER NOW and please volunteer.

ThunderStruck 2024 is LESS THAN 1 MONTH AWAY (28 days to be exact). Online registration closes on April 5th – that’s just 3 weeks from TODAY.

The ThunderStruck 2024 Regional Rocket Launch will be held on Friday, April 12th through Sunday, April 14th, 2024, at the Pence High Power Launch Field near Pence, Indiana, off County Road North 1000 West in Warren County, Indiana. The field will be open for flying from 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. each day. Indiana Rocketry, Inc. has a waiver from the FAA for 17,999 feet MSL.

More information can be found here: https://www.indianarocketry.org/thunderstruck REGISTER NOW and please volunteer.

Link dead

Surprised there is not more chatter about TS 2024 here... Weather looks favorable for Saturday and Sunday. Friday not so much...

The weather for Thursday (4/11), which WAS our setup day, does not look very promising. As a result, we will be setting up the launch field on Friday morning. WE SURE COULD USE SOME VOLUNTEERS TO HELP US, 9 A.M. Speaking of volunteers, please sign up on the ThunderStruck webpage to volunteer to LCO, RSO, Pad Manager, etc. We CANNOT run this launch without volunteers.

Attachments

• IRI Flyer Waiver.pdf
    193.4 KB · Views: 0
  • Field Overview.jpg
    Field Overview.jpg
    335.4 KB · Views: 0
  • TS 2024 Rules, Regulations & Procedures.pdf
    119.4 KB · Views: 0
It's hard to tell distance in the pictures, is there any chance a rocket could come down on one of those windmills? I'm just wondering what would happen to those things if they got out of balance, I would hope the windmills have safeguards for such an event, but I know nothing about their design. The worry wort in me knows I couldn't afford the repairs if one of them came crashing down.

It's hard to tell distance in the pictures, is there any chance a rocket could come down on one of those windmills? I'm just wondering what would happen to those things if they got out of balance, I would hope the windmills have safeguards for such an event, but I know nothing about their design. The worry wort in me knows I couldn't afford the repairs if one of them came crashing down.
Short answer, its possible to get them there.

Back