Very sad news regarding Semroc and Carl McLawhorn

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
SEVEN YEARS AGO TODAY . . . We Lost Carl McLawhorn.

Rest In Peace, my friend !

Dave F.

View attachment 427893
Carl always encouraged my sons in scouting and me as a scout leader/volunteer. Before the 2017 National Scout Jamboree, Cheryl sent me one of Carl's scout badges. I took it with me to the Jamboree in 2017, to the World Jamboree in 2019, and it lives in the breast pocket of my scout uniform for whatever adventures the future might have in store.

Last edited:
Very sad. Great to work with. Was that a kit?

That is my upscale Enerjet Aero-Dart which Carl produced some custom parts for me.
I asked him to pose with the model at NARAM-56 while I took the picture.
It flew great!

Semroc made an SLS kit of an earlier version of an Enerjet Aero-Dart.

Aero-Darts.jpg

I miss Carl too. :(

That is my upscale Enerjet Aero-Dart which Carl produced some custom parts for me.
I asked him to pose with the model at NARAM-56 while I took the picture.
It flew great!

Semroc made an SLS kit of an earlier version of an Enerjet Aero-Dart.

View attachment 427979

I miss Carl too. :(

I must have never looked at that kit. Nice design. I love the unique nose cone.

Carl always encouraged my sons in scouting and me as a scout leader/volunteer. Before the 2017 National Scout Jamboree, Cheryl sent me one of Carl's scout badges. I took it with me to the Jamboree in 2017, to the World Jamboree in 2019, and it lives in the breast pocket of my scout uniform for whatever adventures the future might have in store.

Carl lived about 20 minutes from me, in Zebulon, NC . . . We worked together to help start a local rocket club, the "Tarheel Association of Rocketry" , in 2011. Unfortunately, the Club officers relocated later and the club dissolved.

I took the photo below at the Initial Meeting of the club, on August 4, 2011 . . . R.I.P. , Carl !

Dave F.

TAR-2011-INITIAL MEETING006_CROP_ADJ_8X10 - DOWNSIZE.jpg

Back