Secret Santa 2019

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

n3tjm

Papa Elf
Reaction score
Secret Santa 2019 (SIGN UP HAS ENDED)
Once again it’s time for Secret Santa! Christmas time is fast approaching and all the elves here at the North Pole are busy working overtime to make sure all the good boys and girls get all the rockets, motors, and accessories they deserve.

PAPA ELF SPECIAL
To encourage more people to sign up and not wait till the last day, Papa Elf will send a special gift to one lucky participant. Every person who signs up will be entered in a drawing. Their name will be entered in the drawing daily starting the day they sign up, till Thanksgiving Day. So, the sooner you sign up, the more entries you get! (note – if you want to opt out of the drawing, please let Papa Elf know when you submit your entry)

If you would like to contribute to the Papa Elf Special by donating items or covering the shipping cost, please PM me.

Rules:
- First Rule of Secret Santa is talk about Secret Santa!
- Speaking of Rules, Read the Rules
- DO NOT PARTICIPATE IF YOU HAVE NO INTENTION OF SENDING A GIFT.
- DO NOT PARTICIPATE IF YOU DON’T PLAN ON CHECKING IN WHEN SENDING & RECEIVING.
- Signup deadline will be Thanksgiving Day, Thursday November 28th at 11:59pm. You will be contacted via e-mail with your recipients name, TRF handle, address, and wish list starting as early as November 28th.
- All check-in’s should be sent to [email protected]. Posting your check in on this thread is optional. Check in when you receive your e-mail, ordered your gift or sent your gift, and received your gift.
- Feel free to post your wishlist within this thread too. It is fun to see what other people are wishing for.
- You are encouraged to change your signature to advertise this event.
- Buy a gift for your recipient. How much you spend is optional, but typically most people spend about $20-$30 for their recipient. Participating vendors will be posted in another thread soon.
- Contact Papa Elf and let him know the gift is ordered.
- Receive your gift and report you got something in the mail.
- Christmas Morning - open your gift! Woe to the one that opens their gift early!
- Post whatcha got and guess who sent it. Don’t forget to say thanks

HOW TO SIGN UP! (SIGN UP HAS ENDED)
If you want to participate, send an e-mail titled "Secret Santa 2019" to "[email protected]". Note: the old n3tjm e-mail will still work. In the e-mail, include the following information:

TRF Handle:
Address:
Phone #:
Wishlist:

Please start a new line for each field and with the wish list please keep everything on one line (Don't hit Enter). This makes it easier to enter the data into Papa Elf's spread sheet of good boys and girls. Your Phone number will remain private, Papa Elf just needs it in case he needs to contact you.

Example: (This is Papa Elf's actual wishlist)
N3tjm <Enter>
Douglas Gardei <Enter>
125 Penn View Drive <Enter>
Penns Creek, PA 17862 <Enter>
555-555-5555 <Enter>

Wishlist:
Aerotech: Arreauxbee-Hi, Arreaux, Barracuda, Cheetah, G-Force, Initiator, Mega Initiator, Sumo, RMS 29/120 (G25 Reloads), 180, 240, 360, RMS 38mm Set, RMS 54-1706 motor and K550 load. Q-jet motors. F44, F67 Economax Motors. RMS 29/40-120 motor. Loads for RMS 18/20, 24/40, 24/60, and 29/40-120
L1000 DMS motor (wishful thinking :p) RMS 98/10240 motor and M1939 (Really wishful Thinking :D)

Apogee: Saturn IB or Saturn V (wishful Thinking :p)

Estes: Airborne Surveillance Missile, Alien Invader, Alpha VI 60th Anniversary, Argent PS, Ascender PS, Astron Elliptic II, Astron Explorer, Black Brant II, Black Brant III, Black Star Voyager, Blue Ninja, Boosted Bertha, Citation Patriot, Checkmate, Christmas Ornaments, Cobra, Conquest, Crossbow SST, Dark Silver, Designer Kit Special, Eliminator-E, EPM 010, Equinox, Executioner, Expedition, Explorer Aquarius, Firebolt, Fletcher, Fusion X25, Goblin, Gryphon, Honest John, HiFlier XL, Indicator, Interceptor, Interceptor E, Jetliner Mini, Laser Lance, Little Joe 1, Little Joe II, Load Star, Long Tom, Lynx, Magician, Maxi Alpha III, Mini “A” Heli, Mini Max, Multi-Roc, Nike Apache, Nike Smoke, Nike Smoke PS, Odyssey, Outlander, Panavia, Partizon PS, Phoenix Bird, Photon Probe, Protostar, Puma, Quinstar, Red Nova. Red, Green, Gold, Yellow, or Pink Crayon. Sahara, Sasha, Satellite Interceptor, 1/100 Saturn V, Savage, Scion, Scorpion, Screaming Eagle, Shuttle, SLV, Solar Warrior, Space Corps Corvette Class, Space Shuttle, Starship Nova, Starship Orbiter, Sterling Silver, STM 012, Stormcaster, Stratocruiser, Super Big Bertha, Super Neon, Super Nova, Tazz, Twin Factor, Vector Force, Ventris PS, V2;. E12-0, E16-0. E16-4, F15-0 and/or F15-6 motors. Blast Off Flight Packs. Bulk motor Flight Packs.

Dynasoar - IntR/Ceptor, Spyplane, X-plane RC Kits.

Loc: Bruiser-EXP3, Expediter, Mega Magg, Phoenix, Star Fighter 152, Viper III, Warlock

Pemberton Technologies: Bucky Jones, Space Ark.

Quest: C12-4 & D16-6 Q-Jet Motors or Q-Jet blast off flight pack, 24pk igniters.

Semroc – Baby Orion, Der V-1.5, Geehod, Little Joe II, Mars Lander, Moon Glo, Orbital Transport, Satellite Killer, Saturn 1B, SLS Lil' Hustler, Starship Excaliber, Space Shuttle, Yung’un’s Nuke.

Other: CTI E75, F240 Loads. Loads for CTI 24 and 29mm motors. Any size.
Jolly Logic Chute Release
AMW Gift Certificate
Hobbylinc Gift Certificate
Performance Hobbies Gift Certificate
Gift visa to buy Gas.
Anything from Wildman
Anything you think Papa & Mrs Elf would like.

Have Fun!

Papa Elf

Last edited:
I'm In.

Thx once more Papa Elf for all your efforts.

And here is my Wish List :)

Kits:
Binder Design: 4" Devastator, 4" Terrordactyl
Loc: 4" V2, 4" Phoenix
Mac Performance: 3" or 4" Sky Scraper, 4" Pluto SLAM
Madcow: 2.6" Bomarc, 4" AGM-33 Pike, 4" Phoenix, 4" Fiberglass Rogue, 4" Fiberglass V2, 4" Fiberglass X-Celerator, 4" Fiberglass Lil Rascal SE, 6" Fiberglass Stinger
Pem-Tech: King Kraken
PML: Striker, Pterodactyl Jr, Bull Puppy 3.0, AGM-Pitbull 2.56, Bumble Bee

Hardware:
Loki: 38/480 w/bulkhead & #19 nozzle

Electronics:
Featherweight GPS
Marsa 33LHD
Eggtimer Proton

Gift Card:
Wildman, Sirius Rockets, Madcow, or any other rocket eTailer

I think $20-$30 is really on the low end to get any kind of gift. I usually spend many times more. But when you only have one item on your wish list that is under $100. You are not helping whomever draws you, have much choice.

I'm in again.

My list:
Any Wildman kit
Any Madcow kit
Any Binder Design Kit
Binder Design 4” older style Body Tube replacement for Binder Design Thug (needs rebuilding)
Any MacPerformance Kit
Any LOC kit
Any 3”-4” fiberglass kit
Any Fliskit saucer style
Squirrel Works Police Call Box
Any Pemberton Technologies Kit
Semroc Jupiter B, Spaceman
Any unique oddrock
Estes Motors (B, C, D)
Quest Motors (C, D)
AT 29/40-120 reloads
AT 24/40 reloads
OneBadHawk Harness
Quick links
Barrel swivels
Rocketpoxy
1010 rail buttons
Kevlar cord – 300 to 700 lb
Drogue parachutes – 9” to 12”
Parachutes – 30”, 36”, 48”, 58”
Shock cord protectors
Nomex blankets – 6” to 18”
Missileworks RRC2+
Any Eggtimer/Eggfinder product
Avbay hardware
Altimeter wiring kits, rotary switches, terminal connections
Charge wells 2 gram and up
Strap-on Booster Pods (Apogeerockets)
Igniters
CTI ProDat 54
Mobius camera
Camera Shroud
Any rocketry related gift card

Or anything that strikes your fancy

Thanks Papa for doing this.

Jim

I think $20-$30 is really on the low end to get any kind of gift. I usually spend many times more. But when you only have one item on your wish list that is under $100. You are not helping whomever draws you, have much choice.

I'll 2nd the $20-$30 as being 'low end'. Some will include tax & shipping within this limit.

I will also admit, the ones who post a wish list with only big ticket items makes it hard for newbies & 'low income people' to take part, be involved..

I've seen more around the $50-$60 range, without tax or shipping, being the norm. And I've seen a few go over the $100 mark! (Kudos to you! And your recipient!!) I've also noticed that it depends on who you get & how familiar you are with them, which can determine the amount you'll spend..

I'll 2nd the $20-$30 as being 'low end'. Some will include tax & shipping within this limit.

I will also admit, the ones who post a wish list with only big ticket items makes it hard for newbies & 'low income people' to take part, be involved..

I've seen more around the $50-$60 range, without tax or shipping, being the norm. And I've seen a few go over the $100 mark! (Kudos to you! And your recipient!!) I've also noticed that it depends on who you get & how familiar you are with them, which can determine the amount you'll spend..
I plan on spending around 75 for whomever I get. I made a list with a range of small to large items so that they can choose. I do see most people spend at least 50 it seems from previous ones.

I am in! THANK YOU Papa Elf!!!!

My wish list is:

Apogee: Zephyr

Estes: Alpha, Boosted Bertha, Conquest, Executioner, Hi Flier XL, Honest John, Mega Mosquito, Mini-Mean Machine, Nike-X, Red Nova,

LOC: LOC 1 series LOC-1, LOC 1 series Magnum, Nike Zeus, 4” Goblin

MadCow: 2.6” Mozzie

Mach 1 Rocketry: Tycho II BT 50, Callisto BT 50,

Semroc: Ranger KV-83

Odd’l Rockets: Break-Away

MoreRockets.com: Viper, Mach 10 Boost Glider, Super Viper

Rocketarium: Mega Vortico RK-1202

Quest: A – D Q-jet motors

Am looking forward to shopping for my recipient! Have been waiting since July for this! *LOL*

Sure, why not?

I'll keep the wish list real, real simple:
  • Kits good. I'm not as interested in airplane style rockets as rocket shaped rockets, but then non-nFNC is even better, so whatever.
  • Tools better. Cutting guides, alignment tools, sanding/shaping aids, whatever clever gadget you know about that makes precision building easier.
  • Won't say no to motors/engines. I want to burn more Q-Jets.

Last edited:
Agreed on the 25-30. Last year I gave exactly what I got. :) Both were in the 70-80 dollar range with the shipping,.

Finally had a minute to get together a wishlist and fire off that email. Here’s what I came up with:

Any Estes kits w/ 24 or 29 mmt, Mach1 MD Bt60 kits, any of the eggtimer altimeters, eggfinder mini, black aero case, JL Chute release, AeroTech 38mm endburn forward closure, 5’ rocketman chute, 2’ rocketman proexperimental drogue, loc BBX parkflyer, AT Reloads (hobbyline, 29mm, 38mm), and my big ticket item 54/2560 case w/ K480W

Back