Mark Koelsch has passed away

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I downloaded the site a few months ago. I have it on a thumb drive.

RIP Mark. Your impact on rocketry will be a lasting one.

Yup - never met him face to face but was well acquainted to him on this forum. Great guy!

Yeah, Mark and I never met but we talked a lot. We were both moderators on RP. He used to send me pictures of his daughter. I had just talked to him a month or so before he passed. Too young.

IIRC Mark was the guy who used to maintain a current list of AT, CTI, and Loki motor files, that could be imported into OR and Rocksim it was a great service. I remember when he passed though I never met him but always had great interactions with him. He also hosted some of our L3 project files on his site, which another rocketeer has since acquired the domain.

Wow. Ouch. If any of them ever come here to see this, my condolences to Mark's family and friends. I only knew him from our interactions here but his contributions were always useful and positive. He will be missed. Prayers for all those who mourn. Glad there will be a funeral. Here is Ohio, that still isn't happening. I'm officiating a funeral tomorrow and it will be immediate family only to stay under the state guideline of ten people or less.

Wow. Ouch. If any of them ever come here to see this, my condolences to Mark's family and friends. I only knew him from our interactions here but his contributions were always useful and positive. He will be missed. Prayers for all those who mourn. Glad there will be a funeral. Here is Ohio, that still isn't happening. I'm officiating a funeral tomorrow and it will be immediate family only to stay under the state guideline of ten people or less.
I’m sorry to tell you this; Mark actually passed away in January 2018. Someone brought the thread to light today when he saw something that reminded him of Mark.

You and Lukas are still the only two of the RP group that I’ve met in person. Thank you for chasing me down at LDRS 27.
Was planning on a trip up to glacier this summer for vacation but the virus put that on hold for a year. Hope to sit down with you for some drinks next summer when passing through.

Was planning on a trip up to glacier this summer for vacation but the virus put that on hold for a year. Hope to sit down with you for some drinks next summer when passing through.
I’ve been in Glacier when there was no one else but me and NPS employees. It’s fantastic. You’re always welcome!
I did have a cyber beer with Brad Shea a few weeks ago. We should do that.

I’m sorry to tell you this; Mark actually passed away in January 2018. Someone brought the thread to light today when he saw something that reminded him of Mark.
Thanks for clarifying. My memory is terrible so I wouldn't have likely remembered even if I knew before now. Clearly, I'm not good at remembering to check on how old some threads are either.

Back