Estes 2023 catalog cover guesses? and Now it is listed on Estes Site.

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Color me underwhelmed. Other than the BBXII, I didn't see a lot to jump up and down about. Was expecting the Mercury Atlas...maybe that is coming later? Pro Series Goblin is nice, but no new Designer Signature Series?
At least my bank account won't get worked over too hard. Sorry, but this was a bit disappointing for me.

Last edited:
While some people are disappointed, I am happy to see Estes going strong. Their catalog is also beautiful.
I totally agree with those 2 statements. My disappointment with the content of a particular catalog year is NOT intended as an indictment of Estes or it's direction. And I am thankful that we still have a very well done physical catalog to enjoy.

Color me underwhelmed. Other than the BBXII, I didn't see a lot to jump up and down about. Was expecting the Mercury Atlas...maybe that is coming later? Pro Series Goblin is nice, but no new Designer Signature Series?
At least my bank account won't get worked over too hard. Sorry, but this was a bit disappointing for me.
One comment from an old-timer in the hobby biz on YORF is that the Designer Series may be done with Bill Stine’s retirement. That would be a shame since I’m sure there are more classic designs from other past Estes and Centuri designers that could be included. Good question for the Estes folks during NARCON this year…

I was surprised to see that the ProSeriesII launch controller uses "C" cells. Those are pretty hard to find any more! But it also has a JST plug so LiPo or NiMH cells/batteries can be used.

I was surprised to see that the ProSeriesII launch controller uses "C" cells. Those are pretty hard to find any more! But it also has a JST plug so LiPo or NiMH cells/batteries can be used.
???

Where is it hard to find C cells? I'm not sure *why* exactly, or who uses them, but they're readily available everywhere I've ever looked.

Of course, a LiPo is a better solution if you're doing clusters (actually probably better in most situations.)

Back