Estes 2023 catalog cover guesses? and Now it is listed on Estes Site.

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pappy

old man, lovin' life
Reaction score
New Year means New Estes catalog!! Hooray! Last year i guessed the Blue Origin. Based on that mistake, i'm not gonna go with the Space X jam... imma go with my first favorite ever as a kid, the Ubertal Transport! (see what i did there? pretty clever right? hello?)

SLS was on the 2021 catalog so i'd be surprised to see it again, unless they do multiple rocs, say the SLS, Blue Origin, AND the space x jam. someone on this forum said the mercury atlas was coming out 2023, so i'm thinking that might be our winner, as offered by @DigBaddy

@kuririn i noted that there were several 1/45 little joe IIs up there, which is unusual. i wonder if some hoarding insider knows a little sumpin sumpin and is unloading said hoarding in advance of a re-release of that beauty? don't wanna start any rumors... last time i publicly observed that Estes had taken the Goblin off their site, and next thing i know ACSupply and Hobbylinc are sending me thank you cards. and flowers.

SpaceX, I’d be shocked if it was anything else.

What I’m more interested in is the kits that are recommended for the A3-2T/6T motors and what other new products they might have in there. Some HL exclusives making their way to the catalog would be nice.

Last edited:
Haven't flown mine yet.
The flight reviews scare me.

i bought one in 97 or 98 i think, got about 90% through the build, and something happened because i still have it, incomplete, broken fin, just waitin' for some attention. such a unique design, the way that inner frame and engine mount attach. not surprised it fails in flight. one of my favorite rockets.

I think that on the cover, there might be a return of the astron scout for the 65 year anniversary

i bought one in 97 or 98 i think, got about 90% through the build, and something happened because i still have it, incomplete, broken fin, just waitin' for some attention. such a unique design, the way that inner frame and engine mount attach. not surprised it fails in flight. one of my favorite rockets.
You guys are ahead of me. Mine is buried at the bottom of my way-too-big build pile. I heard that they don't launch well or fly well.

Might make an interesting model some day.

way-too-big build pile.

Might make an interesting model some day.

what is a 'way-too-big' build pile?

yup. like right now! seriously, if you like a challenging build, you will enjoy this one.

if Estes reintroduces this one, wouldn't they in fairness be required to bring back all the ansari prize stuff? some of the coolest kits ever! i have busted a whole lot of suds to put those kits on my 'way-too-big' build pile (whatever that is). i doubt it, though. lots of molded plastic and weird stuff in those kits.

Me personally I just have an unfinished pile, (aka my workbench) which is where on the rare occasion, I finnish my rockets

Per a post on the Estes company FB page by the folks at Estes during one of the discussions about the B.O.S.S. kit, the 2023 catalog will be out by the end on January…January 2023 to be clear 😆

Back