Wildman Black Saturday 2013

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
One of those sheets looks like aluminum, cut in different sizes.... I remember a conversation we had back at Airfest about other sizes.....

Ok here's I hint. No more of thisView attachment 154819
I now have this
View attachment 154820
So I can do this
View attachment 154821
And this
View attachment 154822
There are 2 hints hidden in one of the pictures

Tim, I know my CNC machines... That's a Stinger III with a vacuum table top right? Did you get the performance package (fast tool change, spindle on/off....)? Does this mean you can no do custom work if I send you Mach 3 gcode?

nice aluminum av lids.... Hope you will be making 75 and 98mm versions!

black fins.... Looks like a wild an 3" deal

Tim, I know my CNC machines... That's a Stinger III with a vacuum table top right? Did you get the performance package (fast tool change, spindle on/off....)? Does this mean you can no do custom work if I send you Mach 3 gcode?

nice aluminum av lids.... Hope you will be making 75 and 98mm versions!

black fins.... Looks like a wild an 3" deal
You are correct Alex on the stinger 3 and yes I did get the performance pack plus the vac table.
I can do custom work but It is winCNc and I am using Vcarve pro7.
Thank You
Tim

OK, so we can expect a lot of 3" Dark Stars in all black and some 5-6" kit. BTW, I like the CNC router you got. Very nice. We need to talk bits for beveling fins sometime.
the first one I can neither confirm or deny.
I would love to talk bits for beveling, I have a nice set up now for beveling but would love to do it on the CNC.

You really are enjoying this, aren't you?

Whatever makes you say that?!

smiley-angelic004.gif

-Kevin

Rumple Minze ????????????
Your gonna sell Rumple Minze ????????????

Man is that stuff wayyyyyyyyyy Too sweet...............

Teddy

BTW you all missed the 2 hints I was talking about

So in the third photo I see a triple beam balance. Perhaps there will be a little extra in the kits so that more than just the rocket can fly high!

In that same photo I see a box of bagged kits - black tubing and likely 38mm (maybe 54mm).

Fourth photo, a box of black FWFG nosecone "shoulders", probably 6". So, I'll guess we are going to see some big black FG kits.

Iknow...........I know......... I know.....pick me!

"2 hints in one picture"

Sorry I have to tell!

Your selling on Black Saturday:

1. Black G-10 sheets full of holes!

2. Aluminum sheets full of holes!

What did I win?

Ok guys Think were is Waldo and in the 2nd picture.

Yeah, I saw the lone centering ring when I first saw the image. You are cutting bulkheads for inside a 54mm coupler and a 3"-54mm centering ring at the same time. So we can expect some 3" black FG kits. That probably matches up with the fins we saw cut out in photo 3. Given that a bulkhead for a 54mm coupler only makes sense if this were a 2-stage rocket (assuming the parts are being cut for the same kit), we'll be seeing more 3" 2-stage kits.

Looks like a warrior fin siting at the bottom. Cannot tell what the other fins are for.

Yes , can make out items at the bottom of the black stock sheet after the Waldo hint . . .

Cant wait til Wednesday !

Kenny

Ok but what are they?
Here is another hint.
Next Wednesday there will be a special announcement that you want to make sure you get.
There is going to be something Special that's only available to WILDMAN CLUB MEMEBERS .
Ok one more hint. It was inspired by Gus

So the fin on the left is for a Warrior as already noted by others. The two smaller ones are very interesting. I'll guess they are for 38mm diameter Vindicator with a 29mm motor mount.

Latest posts

Back