Wildman Black Saturday 2013

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Can I get a reminder on how it works with Wildman?

Email goes out at what time?
Then we can attempt to purchase at what time?

Can I get a reminder on how it works with Wildman?

Email goes out at what time?
Then we can attempt to purchase at what time?

All times are US Central

Historically, Tim sends out an email with the details sometime between 5:30 and 6:00 AM. The products become available on the website at that time, as well as Tim and Jackie taking phone calls. The sale runs from 6:00 AM to Noon, at which point they sale prices are gone from the site and Tim and Jackie stop taking calls.

-Kevin

Definitely Darkstar upper fins, and some cuts that look like awfully big rings. Is this the return of the black ultimate Darkstar?

I hope there's some 3" rockets on sale. :p

Braden

Hey Tim,
You said, “Just ask.” So, how about a 2.25” Eagle Claw Jr. or Eagle Claw 3? They would be great kits on their own. However, as you know, I ordered parts to put my Mini Wild Eagle together. That is a Mini Eagle Claw booster with a Wild Child sustainer. I would (always) like to go bigger, but you don’t have compatible kits in a larger size. The 2.25” Eagle Claw would go with the 2 stage Upgrade for Wildman Jr. and/or the 3” Eagle Claw would go with the Wildman 2-Stage Upgrade. Of course, if you came out with an Extreme Wildman 2-Stage Upgrade, one could combine that with the Eagle Claw 4 to create the Extreme Wild Eagle.
Attached is a first stab at the Eagle Claw Jr. and corresponding Wild Eagle Jr. Two-Stage.
Just askin’,
Matt

View attachment Eagle Claw Jr 2-25.rkt

View attachment 2_25in Wild Eagle Jr Two-Stage.rkt

So the fin on the left is for a Warrior as already noted by others. The two smaller ones are very interesting. I'll guess they are for 38mm diameter Vindicator with a 29mm motor mount.

A Mini-V sounds like a Ladies rocket . . .

I am always surprised and blown away at the new rockets..setting my left coast alarm early Saturday.

In the middle of the build and bull session at CaveDucks den last night , he logged on and became a Wildman Club member . . hopefully in a less than a few moons he will be ready to take the Oath. His wish lists includes 75mm motor hardware and a 3" rocket .

Some upstarts (or is it yahoos?) who live in a place named for a Tire Brand, both bested Our personal altitude records with Their new personal altitude records at ROCStock 38 ! Both PBAs were set with his and hers Dark Star 3s purchased last year on BLACK SATURDAY. Because it is an Official 1/2 scale model of the famous WM Ultimate Dark Star-it is the only thing in his fleet he hasn't painted green and orange.

Kenny

Well Tim I reconize the fin on the left as what's siting on my work bench right now,:wink: & the pair on the right as the two pc Vindicator fin. So can I tell everyone what size they are or not?

Mike

Well Tim I reconize the fin on the left as what's siting on my work bench right now,:wink: & the pair on the right as the two pc Vindicator fin. So can I tell everyone what size they are or not?

Mike

No Mike
Remember you cannot tell anyone anything.

Hint for the day
We will have a 3 inch diameter dual deploy 4 fin rocket on sale for under $150.
Plus there will be a special bonus available for it.

A Mini-V sounds like a Ladies rocket . . .

Some upstarts (or is it yahoos?) who live in a place named for a Tire Brand, both bested Our personal altitude records with Their new personal altitude records at ROCStock 38 ! Both PBAs were set with his and hers Dark Star 3s purchased last year on BLACK SATURDAY. Because it is an Official 1/2 scale model of the famous WM Ultimate Dark Star-it is the only thing in his fleet he hasn't painted green and orange.

Kenny

HEY! Whatcha mean "ladies rocket"

As for the rest, I am sure I have no idea what you are talking about :grin:

Last edited:
All times are US Central

Historically, Tim sends out an email with the details sometime between 5:30 and 6:00 AM. The products become available on the website at that time, as well as Tim and Jackie taking phone calls. The sale runs from 6:00 AM to Noon, at which point they sale prices are gone from the site and Tim and Jackie stop taking calls.

-Kevin

Who gets it if a person orders the last one via email when WM has also promised the same last-one to a phone customer? I'm sure they've got this worked out already... right?
5:30am... that will be 4:30am MST..... ok, setting the alarm!

Who gets it if a person orders the last one via email when WM has also promised the same last-one to a phone customer? I'm sure they've got this worked out already... right?
5:30am... that will be 4:30am MST..... ok, setting the alarm!

First you cannot order via e-mail. It must be on the website or over the phone.
If we go over my set allowance due to a fault of ours we will honor the sale price.

I try not to limit the kits but ultimately there will be a limit.
There are a couple that I will only have a few(BTW a few to me is 20)

Ok, so if I know I want one of the limited kits, I can place that order first, then go back and order whatever else I need. Heck, I'll probably end up with 3-4 orders!!! I've been waiting for this sale since I met you guys in Princeton.

John

Bonus hint for the day.
we will have at least 5 new kits released on next weeks sales.

WHAT???? No preview and passing rocksim files back and forth then calling me several times asking my opinion?

OK gonna have to call my union rep.

Mike Smeltzer
Part time semi irregular disgruntle Wildman employee who should stay away from the Rumplemans while working... Or the Friday night of Airfest...

WHAT???? No preview and passing rocksim files back and forth then calling me several times asking my opinion?

OK gonna have to call my union rep.

Mike Smeltzer
Part time semi irregular disgruntle Wildman employee who should stay away from the Rumplemans while working... Or the Friday night of Airfest...
or Friday night at MWP

or Friday night at MWP

Oh gosh, I actually meant MWP. Airfest was a hole nother batch of alcohol. Friday night at midwest power, I bet I had all the top secret info on the Wildman sale in my hand. Curse you Rumplemans!!!!!!!!!!!

Mike Smeltzer

Last edited:
Ok, so if I know I want one of the limited kits, I can place that order first, then go back and order whatever else I need. Heck, I'll probably end up with 3-4 orders!!! I've been waiting for this sale since I met you guys in Princeton.

John

That is how I usually do it. Get the first order, concentrating only on limited quantity items, done in a few minutes. Then I go back and focus on reloads and HW.

Last edited:
I try not to limit the kits but ultimately there will be a limit.
There are a couple that I will only have a few(BTW a few to me is 20)

Tim has problems with the word "Limited" hehehehehehehehehe

Mike Smeltzer

I'm constipated thinking about this... For real.... Oh yeah did have 2 knees replaced on Tuesday and on oxycodone. Time for prune juice.

Last edited:
Ok but what are they?
Here is another hint.
Next Wednesday there will be a special announcement that you want to make sure you get.
There is going to be something Special that's only available to WILDMAN CLUB MEMEBERS .
Ok one more hint. It was inspired by Gus

Exsqueeze Me?:surprised:

What did i do now?:D

I REALLY need too pay attention to this thread a little more.........:rolleyes:

Hmmm, do you get your money's worth from the wildman club if you are only ordering $100 or so in stuff?

Just wondering.

Back