Secret Santa 2023

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't see my name and address on the shipping label... oh well. At least I get some cookies... (At least I better, else I'm keeping the super deluxe cheese straightener I got papa elf for Christmas)
Hey, That is what I keep telling my wife I am getting her for christmas! lol.

Don't worry George, your cookies are already baked and frosting will be applied today :D

Does he rather have one of the more simply decorated cookies I decorated for the in-law gathering happening today? :p
Simply Decorated.jpg

Looks like the cookies you are looking for are on your front porch. Papa Elf special has been delivered.
I am unable to post a picture of gifts under the tree, because there is no tree. There is a stool currently serving an an end table between two easy chairs, that is approximately where the tree would be were there one.
1000000432.jpg
Everything shown is the papa elf special, except the brown box, which is from my Santa.

The cookies are yummy. As thickly and thoroughly as they are covered in icing, I was expecting them to be cloyingly, teeth hurtingly sweet; I can happily report that I was completely wrong.

Merry Christmas to You All !!
My wife & I are blessed with COVID again this Christmas so our trip to Georgia was cancelled....
And there is still NO fricken Snow here is Dakota !
At least I will get to open my Secret Santa gift on time !

Here is to feeling very miserable !!

I am unable to post a picture of gifts under the tree, because there is no tree. There is a stool currently serving an an end table between two easy chairs, that is approximately where the tree would be were there one.
View attachment 620871
Everything shown is the papa elf special, except the brown box, which is from my Santa.

The cookies are yummy. As thickly and thoroughly as they are covered in icing, I was expecting them to be cloyingly, teeth hurtingly sweet; I can happily report that I was completely wrong.

One thing that is absolutely fantastic about that picture, despite no tree, is that all those boxes are rocket goodies! Probably a fairly low probability of a meh gift in that loot, reference HERE.

Only 2 days to go! Hang tight everybody and NO PEEKING!

List updated.

There are a few santas that have reported that their tracking shows their presents have arrieved at their destination, but their recipient hasn't reported receivng it yet. I know some may be traveling, but if not, check for your package if you have not gotten one yet.

You all have a Merry Christmas Eve!

I am Jewish so there was no tradition on when gifts were given out on Christmas. However my amazing late wife was Christian and in her family gifts to friends and non-immediate family were given out on Christmas Eve.

Because she is not here, and I am wishing she was, I opened my secret Santa gift whilst talking with her about it. So in between crying, I wanted to let my secret Santa know, I am thrilled. The roll of PLA, a design to print, and an Apogee TTV are wonderful. The art on a SD Card protector was wonderful! Could not ask for more.

And now.. if you don't mind... I am gonna get drunk, curl up, and try to sleep through Christmas Day as that is when Kim and I would exchange gifts.

I just don't know what reaction emoji to give that. Thumb up for the gifts? Frown for your pain? Thumb up for taking care of yourself? Frown for not having a better way than with alcohol? (No criticism there, sometimes it will do, and yet it would be good to have people around worth staying awake for.) Take an internet hug from me, for what it's worth.

I, too, am Jewish, and visited Christian friends over Christmas for much of my childhood and all of my teenage years. My best friend lived right across the street from our elementary school, so I would go there after school more often than not. I would go there when School let out on the last (half) day before the break, and ended up just staying. It evolved into a tradition.) His family opened their gifts on Christmas Eve.

Now, my mixed immediate family has no set tradition, Christmas Eve some years, and in the morning others. This year, we did Christmas Eve. I thought about opening the Secret Sant and Papa Elf gifts tonight, but refrained. Now I feel like Jeff has given me permission, but I'm also about to get into bed. So tomorrow it is.

Back