Secret Santa 2021

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thank you Secret Santa for the 4" LOC T-Loc with 38mm upgrade parts! This is an awesome addition to the lineup of "just go fly it" rockets I've been collecting. Sometimes you just gotta have a simple one to pop a motor deploy motor in and let er rip!

Braden

Thank you too my secret Santa! I received a Mach1 RIM66 kit! BT-60 on a 29mm motor... This should be a blast. We are working on a high thrust ex propellant in a 29mm form factor that this rocket will eat for lunch!

Attachments

• PXL_20211225_175102500.MP.jpg
    PXL_20211225_175102500.MP.jpg
    72.3 KB · Views: 9
I have been participating in the TRF Secret Santa program for many years and am consistently amazed by the kindness and generosity of others. Thank you to Papa Elf as always and a big thank you to my generous Secret Santa who blessed me with a great bounty of rockets. Estes: DoorKnob, Antar, Big Daddy, Honest John, and a Mars Snooper. You inspire me to match/surpass your generosity next year. Rocket Folks are the best people around!image.jpg

Papa Elf and Mrs Elf want to wish you all a Merry Christmas. As mentioned earlier the Conspirators sent me a 7.6" dia LOC Patriot Kit. I will post pics when I get back from my Christmas Trip. Mrs. Elf received two Pemberton Kits. The Kraken and the Screamin’ Green Meanie. While this is not a post where we share our Christmas loot, I wanted to share this pic of aprons Mrs. Elf got for me (and herself).
Jess Rockets.jpgThe Boss.jpg

Last edited:
I'm so impressed with the North Coast Rocketry Hobgoblin I got from my Secret Santa. I've built a few of the Pro Series kits from Estes but the Hobgoblin is a whole other level of beefy. Secret Santa also included a major heavy duty parachute for that kit too. Can't wait to build it!

I'm inspired by your comments to have to have a peek at NCR kits in the future. Look forward to some build pics and flight reports (with amazing HD video of course! ;)).

Oh my Gosh! My Secret Santa sent awesomely cool rocket stuff! Thank you, Santa!

So many great rockets, to build!
Pemberton Technologies Little Bucky Jones, a Screamin’ Green Meanie, and a Leaping Llamas Builder’s Special!

View attachment 496514
View attachment 496515
View attachment 496516
View attachment 496517
View attachment 496526

WOW look at all those @Pem Tech kits. Wonder who your SS is??? 🤔🤪;):wavingsanta:

Papa Elf sent me two kits! A Yankee and a Citation Patriot! Papa Elf said they were duplicates received for the Papa Elf Special and he wanted them to go to a good home. They are now in a good home. Thank you, Papa Elf!View attachment 496518View attachment 496519

Is this a sneak peak into the PES? Bwwwwhahahaha Love it!
Any plans for the Citation Patriot? Think I'm smelling a 24mm upgrade and sneaking a payload bay in the top few inches.... *sniff, sniff*. Yep that's definitely what I'm smelling (with a proper OR sim of course).

My rocketry cup runneth over! I got great building supplies and a cool Square in the Air rocket kit from @TigerHawk !! This is his annual pay it forward rocket gift and I was chosen. I am honored! Thank you!

View attachment 496522

View attachment 496523

View attachment 496524

View attachment 496525

Congratulations! Apparently @brockrwood has been a really GOOD boy this year! Thank you @TigerHawk, Thank you @n3tjm!

Papa Elf and Mrs Elf want to wish you all a Merry Christmas. As mentioned earlier the Conspirators sent me a 7.6" dia LOC Patriot Kit. I will post pics when I get back from my Christmas Trip. Mrs. Elf received two Pemberton Kits. The Kraken and the Screamin’ Green Meanin. While this is not a post where we share our Christmas loot, I wanted to share this pic of aprons Mrs. Elf got for me (and herself).
View attachment 496554View attachment 496555

Merry Christmas Papa and Mrs Elf! Nice aprons! I'm assuming you both spend time together in the kitchen and this should clear up the pecking order without question. Congrats on the Pem Tech kits I hope you like them! There was discussion among the conspirators that we want a pink Kraken. Either a nice contrasting shade of pink or nice shiny black in the tube fins!

Got a super awesome Big Daddy kit! Thank you Santa! I know not everyone is into playing the Santa guessing game but I usually try a couple times, if Santa wants to confess. I also see no one has taken any guesses at their SS so I'll take the first go at it. I'm guessing @DRAGON64 is my Santa.

View attachment 496564

Merry Christmas!

Hey everyone,
I pray y'all had a great Christmas!

A big "Thank You" to my Secret Santa and to Papa Elf! You have helped to make Christmas extra special this year.
I received an Estes Antar and an Estes Der Big Red Max with a Vander-Burn plywood upgrade kit and 1010 rail button set, Sweeeet!!!
SS 2021 Reveal-Small.jpg

A big "thank you" to my SS who sent me a box full of assorted fabric parachutes as requested! Now I just need to get rid of all the plastic ones I have and replace them with these new ones!

After seeing what all many of you received, I feel a little guilty for having only shipped one rocket kit to my recipient! However, with the wife being unemployed, and myself on disability income only, it was the best I could do this year. Hopefully next year will be much better!

WOW look at all those @Pem Tech kits. Wonder who your SS is??? 🤔🤪;):wavingsanta:

Is this a sneak peak into the PES? Bwwwwhahahaha Love it!
Any plans for the Citation Patriot? Think I'm smelling a 24mm upgrade and sneaking a payload bay in the top few inches.... *sniff, sniff*. Yep that's definitely what I'm smelling (with a proper OR sim of course).

Congratulations! Apparently @brockrwood has been a really GOOD boy this year! Thank you @TigerHawk, Thank you @n3tjm!

I’ve got an idea for a kit bash:
Citation Patriot from @n3tjm on the bottom but upgraded to 24mm motor mount with parts from @TigerHawk. Then a transition I have to custom make. (Hmm: Gotta’ figure out where I put that Estes paper shroud kit I have somewhere.) Then a middle section (about BT-55 size?) using a tube from my Secret Santa gift! Then another transition I have to custom fabricate. Then the Yankee (BT-20) from Papa Elf on top, sans fins as the final section. Then paint the whole thing white and red to do a Secret Santa motif!
The secret santa gift rocket kit bash!

A big "thank you" to my SS who sent me a box full of assorted fabric parachutes as requested! Now I just need to get rid of all the plastic ones I have and replace them with these new ones!

After seeing what all many of you received, I feel a little guilty for having only shipped one rocket kit to my recipient! However, with the wife being unemployed, and myself on disability income only, it was the best I could do this year. Hopefully next year will be much better!
You do what you should/can do as Secret Santa based on what life throws at you. I don’t think anybody on this forum would fault you for sending one rocket when that is what makes sense based on your circumstances. You are a mensch for being a Secret Santa when life is throwing you curve balls. Thanks for participating despite life’s challenges!

Many thanking yous to my Secret Santa! Got the 1/4" launch rod I've been needing, a kit I have lusted for since 1972. A Mars Snooper! Not like it couldn't have scratched it at any time but holding the actual kit in my hands was a thrill. Finally there was a a strange nose cone, body tube, graphic and bag of parts.
It is a "I flew my drink"! Tiki II, electric Boogaloo. Love it! Need to look up the thread on this one.
All in all a grand haul. And Estes sent a tree ornament.20211226_080945.jpg
20211226_080945.jpg

Back