Holiday sales - 2023

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WILDMANRS

TRF Sponsor
TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Yes we will be having the holiday sales this year .
We are still working with our suppliers on what we will be offering.
Wednesday night the 22nd at 6 pm central time for Wildman club members only .
You must be a club member before the sale starts.
Saturday the 25th 6 am to noon will be open to everyone.
Both are central time .

Are there exclusive offers for members vs just winging it on Black Friday?
Yes, there are always better deals for Wildman club members on things that won’t be available (or the deal won’t be as good if still available) on Saturday morning.

Are there exclusive offers for members vs just winging it on Black Friday?
The discounts have, in the past, been steeper on Wednesday vs Saturday.

Yes we will be having the holiday sales this year .
We are still working with our suppliers on what we will be offering.
Wednesday night the 22nd at 6 pm central time for Wildman club members only .
You must be a club member before the sale starts.
Saturday the 25th 6 am to noon will be open to everyone.
Both are central time .
CTI is right out, correct?

CTI is right out, correct?
I still have a CTI motor from my 2022 order that hasn’t been delivered to Tim yet. So no, I’m pretty sure CTI won’t be included in this year’s sales for availability reasons.

I still have a CTI motor from my 2022 order that hasn’t been delivered to Tim yet. So no, I’m pretty sure CTI won’t be included in this year’s sales for availability reasons.
I have several, and Tim told me the last time we talked that he wasn't including them in the sale. I just wanted to confirm that nothing had changed on that front so I can plan accordingly.

It means that very little is in stock at Wildman for his yearly Black Friday sale. You'll get your prepaid order sometime next year.

C'mon, thats not true and you know that. Tim has an enormous amount of motors, hardware, and materials in stock right now, and generally as well. I was just there a few weeks ago and his stock looks like it usually is, high. Granted I didn't go around with a clipboard taking stock but when picking up an order(s), I always hang around and bother them and things looked normal. Lots of UPS by the door for pickup, motor shipments in the garage entrance, routers running, fiberglass everywhere.

The pre-order means that he takes orders and then places motor orders for Wildman Wednesdays and Black Saturday's in a large order. The motor vendors are usually producing the popular reloads in advance of all the vendors sales, to be ahead of production. Then the orders begin to get filled in as little as a few weeks, and out to a few months on the loads they make less often. This is all based on my experience placing relatively large orders for the past several years.

Tim has always had the caveat that if you need your orders ASAP, partials, or you need reloads ASAP. That he at times can and will pull your order from current stock. You can imagine though if all customers asked for this, it would decimate any vendors stock leading to not being able to fill weekly orders for quite some time.

Biggest thing is if you need some stuff ASAP, call him or put it in the order comments. Rarely would Tim and Jackie shoo away a customer that needed an order more urgently and if it was within their ability.

Most people generally begin receiving their orders around a month after the sales, then into late Jan, then into very early Spring, depending on what your order contains and when their orders come in from vendors.

Again, this is all based on my experiences in the past. Nothing to say it might be different based on other situations.

The pre-order means that he takes orders and then places motor orders for Wildman Wednesdays and Black Saturday's in a large order. The motor vendors are usually producing the popular reloads in advance of all the vendors sales, to be ahead of production. Then the orders begin to get filled in as little as a few weeks, and out to a few months on the loads they make less often..
I see that we agree on what pre-order means.

It means that very little is in stock at Wildman for his yearly Black Friday sale. You'll get your prepaid order sometime next
It means that very little is in stock at Wildman for his yearly Black Friday sale. You'll get your prepaid order sometime next year.
You are absolutely correct there will be no inventory for the Black Friday sale
We don’t have a sale on Friday and it is a prepay/preorder sale
Cti won’t be on sale either because they cannot give a lead time and I am still waiting on orders I placed a year ago

Last edited:
Trying to decide if $30 out of a $300 budget for a membership is going to be worth it. Last year I joined and ended up not buying anything.

Trying to decide if $30 out of a $300 budget for a membership is going to be worth it. Last year I joined and ended up not buying anything.
Since members get access to the Wednesday sale, and that often offers huge discounts, plus the normal discount of about 10% is good for a whole year, I’d say it’s totally worth it.

Last edited:
I've been thinking the same. Im also trying to figure out if I'd break even on doing it myself

Generally, once you buy a single J motor on WM Wednesdays or Saturday, it has paid for itself. :)

It is not uncommon for those who make relatively large purchases, to save $1000.

Back