ThunderStruck 2012 Registration Open (Indiana)

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Gus, one of those motors is good enough for me. I do know one person who was VERY interested in mine. I'll let you have this one Gus.

Manny

BOING!:eyepop: I'm awake now!
Chris, lets talk about the M2200 Skidmark. I will be there from Sat. noon till close and all day Sunday.

Lets just say....i'm very interested.....

If a young man comes up to you named "Manny"...shoo him away and tell him to go back to his Taylor Swift scrapbooks....

Thanks for the heads up Jason, i was outside mowing and missed your call.....i'm trying to freshen up the place before good friends of the family (The Ballestero Clan) show up bringing "The Gonzo One" with them....

Manny.....if you need a place to stay over the weekend....you'll leave Uncle Gus alone on this one......Crystal?
Shoo Manny Shoo ;-))))
See you guys there.
Chris
PS I'll have a bird that is brighter than Kevin's Hawaiian shirt, so bring your sunglasses.

It's OFFICIAL..... I will be there.!!!!!!

Did not know for sure.... sure ,till yesterday.

Looking forward to flying with all the "usual suspects" :grin:

CJ

Too all the club members and volunteers who will be out at "The Grove" today getting the equipment set up........thank-you.
From your humble President who has 1200 miles to go in his semi to get home.

Gus, on behalf of all the volunteers today, you're welcome. We all just want to help make the event great for everyone.

Manny

And if you are sitting on the fence about attending, the weather report from weather.com looks absolutely fantastic for Saturday and Sunday - 60s to 80s, not more than a 20% chance of precip, sun, and winds from 8 - 12 mph.

I will have the following motors available at Thunderstruck.
Trying to raise cash for a tracker from Tim.
So see Tim or myself.
AMW M2200SK
AMW K-1000SK
AMW J370GG
AMW K670 GG
Also an RRC@ mini new in pkg.
Thanks
Chris
:dark:

Hmmm.....AMW motors, just what I need!!! I have four AMW motors loaded up for this weekend. Chris, if the price is right, I will buy all of them from you...cash!

Preston

Ok thanks Eric, I'm always looking for loads for that case. I need to make a list for what fits it.

Mike

Mike-

I have an AMW K530GG that goes in the 54/1400 if you are interested....I will be there Saturday and Sunday.

Preston

Hmmm.....AMW motors, just what I need!!! I have four AMW motors loaded up for this weekend. Chris, if the price is right, I will buy all of them from you...cash!

Preston[/QUOTE

Throwing my Ace on the table......first "Dib's" on the M2200 Skid.......fight over the rest....:bangbang:

Preston[/QUOTE

Throwing my Ace on the table......first "Dib's" on the M2200 Skid.......fight over the rest....:bangbang:

Gus-

I knew you would chime in!! I thought it would pair up nicely with the 3 M2200 skid's I have left in my box....

Preston

Well, the prep day went well. We got all of the away cell pads set up and a couple close pads. Although, we were only able to clear the E bank of corn stubble. So sparkies will be limited.

Manny

Manny,

I have a customer emergency tomorrow, so my "day off" is now shot. I'm negotiating with my wife to take two of the kids for a Saturday launch. She's a good negotiator, but hopefully I'll prevail :>

Alex

Well, the prep day went well. We got all of the away cell pads set up and a couple close pads. Although, we were only able to clear the E bank of corn stubble. So sparkies will be limited.

Manny

I have a customer emergency tomorrow, so my "day off" is now shot. I'm negotiating with my wife to take two of the kids for a Saturday launch. She's a good negotiator, but hopefully I'll prevail :>

Alex

Drive carefully and we'll see you on Saturday, Alex. I just got the car and trailer loaded Thu PM and am on my way. Sather

IMG_9177.jpg

IMG_9190.jpg

Last edited:
Drive carefully and we'll see you on Saturday, Alex. I just got the car and trailer loaded Thu PM and am on my way. Sather

Love the dolly Sather! Way better than the old casket.

Manny,

Alex

Alex, I will be flying my rocket on Saturday, but I can havr my dad help you prep and put the rocket on the pad. See you Saturday.

Manny

Shoo Manny Shoo ;-))))
See you guys there.
Chris
PS I'll have a bird that is brighter than Kevin's Hawaiian shirt, so bring your sunglasses.
Looks like Griffin was first to reply with both skids. So that leaves the greens and altimeter.
I just checked into the hotel so see you all tomorrow.
Most of what I brought to fly was skids;-((((
Course there is a c star in the truck;-))))
Chris
Glad ya made it Jim, it was iffy for me too.

Gus-

I knew you would chime in!! I thought it would pair up nicely with the 3 M2200 skid's I have left in my box....

Preston[/QUOTE
Preston, I will trade you a pound of cheese curds for an on your honor "Non combative clause" on the M2200.:D

"Then things got ugly.......both Preston and Gus were having a tug-o-war with a liner......yelling MINE....MINE.....and, curds were being tossed very forcibily!"

I'm really looking forward too finally meeting you on Saturday.
Take care....Gus.

Last edited:
CATO said:
Most of what I brought to fly was skids;-((((
Course there is a c star in the truck;-))))
Chris
Glad ya made it Jim, it was iffy for me too.

Hey Chris, good news; we have 12 pads cleared out for skids. With the light rain the field is getting tonight, bring on the skids! CJ says hey back.

The rest of the range is ready to go. See you all there tomorrow!

Well, I'm going to be a little tired today, Gus Piepenburgs house is the creepiest place ive ever slept........

I'm actually not going to be there today,I was about 20 minutes from the field when I saw a tire flying through the air, then I realized it was off of my truck......so close. I'll still be there tomorow.

I'm actually not going to be there today,I was about 20 minutes from the field when I saw a tire flying through the air, then I realized it was off of my truck......so close. I'll still be there tomorow.

Yikes. I am sure your "realization" of the tire missing was pretty exciting.

Yeah, it ripped through the body panel too so that was a pleasant surprise.....

Back