What did you do rocket wise today?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Can we get a launch report?
I posted brief report on the Sod Blaster thread in the events forum, and then I detailed the results of my L3 flight in the build thread for that rocket, linked in my signature.

But, in case it was missed, here is a photo of my L3 lifting off for all to enjoy!
2022-09-03_Sod_Blaster_IV_Day_2-1821-(ZF-5101-46116-1-001).jpg

I posted brief report on the Sod Blaster thread in the events forum, and then I detailed the results of my L3 flight in the build thread for that rocket, linked in my signature.

But, in case it was missed, here is a photo of my L3 lifting off for all to enjoy!
View attachment 536639
Nice shot Kris, Jim takes great pics. That blast deflector also causes the blast to be redirected out and up from the rocket kind of giving a silo launch effect.

yep. Jim and I were discussing that yesterday. It really adds to the effect!
On C. Hawkins Captis B that sparky makes it real obvious, cool thing is that the grass was only slightly blackened (mostly soot) in a small area and the blast deflector sits 3" above the grass.

On C. Hawkins Captis B that sparky makes it real obvious, cool thing is that the grass was only slightly blackened (mostly soot) in a small area and the blast deflector sits 3" above the grass.
That K850 was absolutely impressive off of that pad! I flew that same motor at Sod Blaster I off one of the regular pads, and the photos I got of it, while impressive, are nothing compared to that one!

The dark skies that morning really, really made that Red flame stand out. Nice job, Kris!

Launched my Super Baby Bertha on an E12-6 as a test... little overzealous so it drifted out of the field I was in and out into never-never land... plywood fins, plywood centering rings, and really nice flights on D and E engines -- will need to make another (definitely more impressive than a Big Bertha).

1662688058338.jpeg

p.s., somehow my launch platform got all discombobulated (I need to loosen the screws and put everything back together) and I made the stuffer tube a bit too long in this rocket so that the 30" Estes nylon chute barely fits -- probably a lesson here, I should have had an 18" chute or something -- quite a light rocket.

Didn't do much. I placed a small order with Launch Lab Rocketry. Bought the Custom Rockets Aztec 2 stager, a Bullet Bobby, and a Tshirt.

cut 8 booster tubes for the 40 year old Delta II rocket I was given. Put some wood filler on one of the 8 balsa nose cones for those tubes, as I said I'd never touch balsa again. Enormously deep grain on the GD things. balsa sucks dung encrusted coyote balls. 🤬 :mad:

Replaced corroded alligator clips on MCMC's (newer) cables. Rearranged equipment into three bins for high power pads, low power pads, and launch controller. Set aside dozens of badly corroded cables for refurbishing as needed. Replaced the huge battery clips that are intended for huge batteries (several of the club batteries have terminals that aren't happy with those clips).

Made the drawing set for my scratch build P-40 Warhawk oddroc, and pulled the papered balsa from the clamping fixture. Time to make fins and centering rings.

Warhawk Dwg Sht 2 of 4 Rev 00.jpg

Latest posts

Back