Thoughts and Comments on Current Russian,Ukrainian Conflict/War

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Part luck, part tactical skill, part the fact that it looks like they have the uranium depleted sabot rounds now.
Saw an interview with the Bradly commander. He said they had a problem feeding AP and had to start using HE. IIRC the Bushmaster has a dual feed that allows selecting between AP/HE. I gathered that they had started with AP and then kept hitting them with HE just to keep ringing their bell.
The commentary also said that they'd knocked out the T-90's rangefinder early, and also the secondary explosions were the T-90's smoke grenade system being hit.

Saw an interview with the Bradly commander. He said they had a problem feeding AP and had to start using HE. IIRC the Bushmaster has a dual feed that allows selecting between AP/HE. I gathered that they had started with AP and then kept hitting them with HE just to keep ringing their bell.
The commentary also said that they'd knocked out the T-90's rangefinder early, and also the secondary explosions were the T-90's smoke grenade system being hit.
I think I saw the same video today. He said they had a problem with the anti armor rounds so they switched to the high explosive and targeted the optical system of the tank. Also he said that he remembered from PLAYING VIDEO GAMES where the tanks vulnerable areas were. Amazing.

And yesterday Ukraine successfully attacked, and from the looks of it mostly destroyed, Russia's oil and gas export facility in St. Petersburg (on the Gulf of Finland).

And, it seems that whatever the fire didn't destroy, the ice from the firefighting may well have destroyed.

Greece has any money at all? I thought they were the EU's poorest partner?
Greece’s GDP is not the worst in the EU. Their national debt and level of corruption are a bigger concern. If the EU had enforced its own rules they would never have been allowed to join.

As expected, the EU has fudged a deal to ensure funding to Ukraine despite Hungarian concerns. Some European sources suggest that Orban significantly softened his objections when it was suggested that the EU would audit the grants that Hungary had received. This is EU-speak for ‘toe the line or we‘ll ask for any misspent money to be returned and drag our heals on future grants’. The prospect of having his economy trashed seems to have changed his mind.

Ukraine support package worth €50bn agreed by EU leaders https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-68165971

As expected, the EU has fudged a deal to ensure funding to Ukraine despite Hungarian concerns. Some European sources suggest that Orban significantly softened his objections when it was suggested that the EU would audit the grants that Hungary had received. This is EU-speak for ‘toe the line or we‘ll ask for any misspent money to be returned and drag our heals on future grants’. The prospect of having his economy trashed seems to have changed his mind.

Ukraine support package worth €50bn agreed by EU leaders https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-68165971

Part off the deal to send weapons to Greece is that Greece will start sending weapons to Ukraine. A bit of a workaround to stalled US funding.
Got to love unelected bureaucrats/elites finding workarounds to the democratic process.

I'm pretty sure he's complaining about the White House sidestepping Congress on arranging aid for Ukraine. Of course, the sidestep is an entirely legal approach too.
Yes being done under “Excess Defense Articles”. What’s interesting is there is a $500 million annual cap, but there is no assign value to the surplus items. That is discretionary. Going to be a lot of creative bookkeeping.

Another interesting development. Turkey may send all of its S-400 missle batteries to Ukraine to get back in the F-35 program.

I'm pretty sure he's complaining about the White House sidestepping Congress on arranging aid for Ukraine. Of course, the sidestep is an entirely legal approach too.
I am not complaining, if you read my post its just the opposite.

Back