Rocket man parachutes, no response

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bobbyg334

Reaction score
I placed my first order with rocket man back in June for a space shot kit.

I had no response or confirmation email so about a week later contacted them and was told they were waiting on the nose cone.

I waited patiently another two weeks and still nothing. After numerous calls was advised they were still waiting.

More fool me but I placed another order for an L2 recovery package after speaking with Buddy who assured me they were in stock and could ship immediately.

Now 2 weeks later I’m still without either item, my emails are getting ignored, although they can send out promotional emails. My calls are going unanswered and not returned.

I’ve just done a credit card charge back for both items as the lack of response is disgusting from supposedly a reputable supplier.

Has anyone else experienced these issues?

I have ordered multiple times from Rocketman over the years, including within the last six months. Never an issue.

I really have no idea then why I’m not getting a response or waiting so long.

Their communication has been bad in my experience. If they don't have what you want in stock right now (and with that FG that probably comes from Curtis, good luck), it can be a very long wait. I've never not eventually gotten what I ordered, though, and I've had (presumably in-stock) orders delivered very quickly.

I got some Kevlar harnesses from him at the end of May, I don't remember any issues. First time experience.

Edit: I see this is a 2004 kit and is limited to 100 units, there is a possibility that they are all gone, that does not explain the lack of communication though.

Ordered a chute release, never sent it. had to go through Visa and make a dispute claim to get a refund

I do hope everything is OK with Ky & Buddy

I ordered a Show Time Kit on August 24th.
On September 7th I asked about it, and was told by Buddy he was waiting on a nose cone.......
That was the last word ..............
I emailed Sept 27th
Texted october 2
and Called October 3 All with NO response.

Hope they are all right !!

According to the posts on FB they are just fine. Traveling all over the place apparently.

Thankyou I am not gonna worry to much about it I am sure the kit will eventually arrive.........
Not like I don't have 100 other kits I could start .............

Their order processing leaves a lot to be desired. When you place an order, the receipt has no detail of what was ordered. There is no notification of shipping and no tracking info provided. I buy their stuff but I always hold my breath hoping it eventually shows up.

I just saw both Buddy and Ky at the last launch. Although we did not talk. I got my stuff before the launch in sept.

I still haven't heard from them …
Last word from them was waiting on the Nose Cones
Anyone get a Showtime Kit recently ?
I just Emailed em again to cancel and refund the order.....
I will build something else and Order it later if they get parts

Sad to hear. I think it speaks volumes to those who will not accept payment until it is ready to ship.

Unfortunately it seems I have run into the same issue I ordered chute and deployment bag back in August during a sale and still have not received it. I have sent a few emails and called and always get no response. My last order i received the incorrect length deployment bag (smaller than what I ordered) and could not get in contact then. I really like the products but I don’t think I can deal with this much delay again. Sad to see rocketman go down hill.

Unfortunately it seems I have run into the same issue I ordered chute and deployment bag back in August during a sale and still have not received it. I have sent a few emails and called and always get no response. My last order i received the incorrect length deployment bag (smaller than what I ordered) and could not get in contact then. I really like the products but I don’t think I can deal with this much delay again. Sad to see rocketman go down hill.
Seems like a common theme recently.

If you paid with Paypal, file a claim before the expiration date to get your money back. Sometimes it takes something like that.

If you paid with Paypal, file a claim before the expiration date to get your money back. Sometimes it takes something like that.
Yea I had paid with a credit card directly I might go though the process of a chargeback but I'm unsure how that would go with it being a 3 month old charge.

I'd call the card company and let them know. Better to do it now and wait and be out the money.

I ordered one during the black friday sale. I was told it would be a couple weeks the first time I called in early January. The last couple times I've called, I was told they were in stock ready to ship. Never had an answer on email, but Buddy has been good about answering the 6-7 phone calls I've made over the past 10 months. I received the rest of my order. Still no kit though. I think we all know who's making these kits though.

I just saw Buddy on Jimmy Kimmel tonight.

I just ordered one of their cD2.2 chutes a few days ago. Just received it by USPS this afternoon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back