Trouble contacting Rocketmam Parachutes

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just an hour ago received notice of shipment of a 36" chute and other items from Wildman!!! It's to bad that a one stop shop like rocketman for parachutes , can't handle the volume of orders that he is recieving...rsbhunter

Just posted this under a different TRF rocketman thread.. had to file a fraud complaint with my CC company.
"Just filed a fraud complaint with my credit card company.. a day later already have my money back...Buddy tried to ask me if I got a tracking number if I'd believe he is shipping my order...hahaha.. then he offered me a $250 gift card as I asked him to cancel my order... after asking 4 times to cancle my order he stopped responding..so I went to my CC company... its been over a month now and he has promised me shipment on 3 occasions over the past 2.5 weeks.. I was done with his games.. gave them a 1 star review on Google and filed a BBB complaint... only way I could get the guy to respond was facebook.messenger..."

I wonder how many complaints it takes before the credit card company cancels his account.

The reality is that there's already harm done - the fact that so many people are having problems getting product and getting responses is going to cause some to look elsewhere. That's something that really only Buddy can solve.

The credit card companies may well start charging him a higher exchange rate, if there are enough chargebacks. If it gets bad enough, they can cancel a merchant account, though I suspect that's a pretty high threshold.

He also said he was busy preparing for LDRS. Im guessing since im not going LDRS that my order went to the bottom of the pile.. he's pretty much robbing Peter to pay Paul at this point and it's easy to see with the lengths he went to.. all to get me not to say anything about this

Last edited:
Buddy has pretty much ruined his reputation in just a few short months and people will start shopping elsewhere for better product that actually gets delivered but like with Composite Warehouse, there will still be people blind to the bad practices and still trust him because they got their stuff once.

Buddy has pretty much ruined his reputation in just a few short months and people will start shopping elsewhere for better product that actually gets delivered but like with Composite Warehouse, there will still be people blind to the bad practices and still trust him because they got their stuff once.
I got my stuff once, but I'm not blind to reports I read, plus I personally know someone who was stiffed and had to get their bank to intervene. Pleased with what I got but won't be ordering again until and unless the business turns around and customers are made whole.

Used to be Rocketman's reputation was being slow and uncommunicative but eventually delivering. I could live with that. Now their reputation is being Composite Warehouse, and I can't live with that.

Unfortunately, there may be no alternatives. E.g., Who out there can/will make streamers like Buddy does/did?

Unfortunately, there may be no alternatives. E.g., Who out there can/will make streamers like Buddy does/did?

Contact other recovery vendors - as some have said, Top Flight will make streamers. I'd imagine other vendors will get into it, as well, if the demand is there.

Contact other recovery vendors - as some have said, Top Flight will make streamers. I'd imagine other vendors will get into it, as well, if the demand is there.

I have never seen a streamer like what Buddy makes ... with the streamer attached to its own blanket. Seems easy enough to do, nowhere near as complex as chute w/gores, easy to scale. Problem is having the space and technique refined to make then 40ft, 80ft, 100+

I just said F it..... bought some ripstop nylon.. broke out my wifes serger and made my own damn 10" by 55' streamer.. to hell with vendors that don't deliver... I can trust ill deliver product when I need it.... eventually it will look nice and not just fucntional.. ill make the 6" wide streamer next.. had some braided shock cords in my order as well.. getting some braided kevlar and will fingertrap those myself as well.. again, heck with Rocketman and their crappy business practices... working on items for a big launch before orders that were already in is super disrespectful to customers.

I'm sure Buddy wil be back on here in November pushing black friday sales.. to bad he isn't big enough to let people know it'll take a year or more to get your order.. I wish NAR and others would stop advertising for this company. They are pushing a fraudulent company onto unsuspecting people. I would even go so far as to ban their advertising here.. but I'm going to assume that advertising money is more important than customer experience :( :( :(

Last edited:
I wish NAR and others would stop advertising for this company. They are pushing a fraudulent company onto unsuspecting people. I would even go so far as to ban their advertising here.. but I'm going to assume that advertising money is more important than customer experience :( :( :(

The slop of "who do we accept advertising from and who do we no" is a very slippery one. What constitutes enough of an infraction to ban the advertising? How is that confirmed? Whose word do you take?

I 100% understand your frustration, but I don't want to see NAR or others get in the middle of that.

-Kevin

The slop of "who do we accept advertising from and who do we no" is a very slippery one. What constitutes enough of an infraction to ban the advertising? How is that confirmed? Whose word do you take?

I 100% understand your frustration, but I don't want to see NAR or others get in the middle of that.

-Kevin
It's not like I'm saying ban a company that's treating its customers right.. but when you have almost a years worth of complaints and some seem like outright theft.. and even more so to take money from said company when some of that money was fraudulently taken from unsuspecting customers.. What's the issue of adding some principles with business.. I can think of another company that had the same issue.. whats wrong with not promoting companies that take money and not deliver products?... there's no slope there.. its black and white

I told rocketman they had a BBB complaint and Google 1 star review so its not just a word of mouth who do you believe type of thing.. they can respond and I hope they do so I can refute with their own text messages.. I Mean the guy offered me a $250 gift card after I refused to take a tracking number as proof of shipment (this was the third ir fourth time saying hed ship the day if)...I only spent $217 with them.. if you want proof I'll DM you his facebook messages to me... all of that stinks to fraud..

Last edited:
It's not like I'm saying ban a company that's treating its customers right.. but when you have almost a years worth of complaints and some seem like outright theft.. and even more so to take money from said company when some of that money was fraudulently taken from unsuspecting customers.. What's the issue of adding some principles with business.. I can think of another company that had the same issue.. whats wrong with not promoting companies that take money and not deliver products?... there's no slope there.. its black and white
Unfortunately, it's more like several years worth. At least 3 threads already this year, some carried over from LAST year, and last year they popped up once a quarter, here and on FB. Same issues.

This has been a lather, rinse, repeat event with Rocketman.....much like it was with Curtis.

Unfortunately, it's more like several years worth. At least 3 threads already this year, some carried over from LAST year, and last year they popped up once a quarter, here and on FB. Same issues.

This has been a lather, rinse, repeat event with Rocketman.....much like it was with Curtis.
That's the only history I have but I could see it going back further.. but promoting fraud is not a good thing and it's hard to want to be part of an organization that does such..

I may go to LDRS just to ask Buddy where my order is.. he'll probably have everything right there on the table..

Latest posts

Back