In Search of a New Supplier: Alternatives to Rocketman Parachutes and Deployment Bags

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sandvoxel

Reaction score
I've long been a customer of Rocketman for their parachutes and deployment bags, particularly appreciating the robust construction and minimal line design. Their deployment bags, which feature built-in chutes for streamlined deployment, have always been a favorite of mine. However, recent experiences have left me disappointed and looking for alternatives.

Unfortunately, the company's customer service has deteriorated significantly, making it increasingly difficult to get updates on my orders. Despite multiple attempts to reach out via email, phone, and even Instagram, I've received no response, leading me to eventually file a chargeback on my card.

I'm now actively seeking a new supplier that can offer parachutes with fewer connecting lines and deployment bags with built-in chutes for seamless deployment. Any recommendations for a reliable alternative would be greatly appreciated.

There’s a lot out there. Here’s a few.
Top Flight Recovery
Fruity Chutes
Skyangle.

I have had a similar experience with RM and purchase with caution.

Top Flight Crossfire chutes are excellent and their nomex gets the job done.

I've long been a customer of Rocketman for their parachutes and deployment bags, particularly appreciating the robust construction and minimal line design. Their deployment bags, which feature built-in chutes for streamlined deployment, have always been a favorite of mine. However, recent experiences have left me disappointed and looking for alternatives.

Unfortunately, the company's customer service has deteriorated significantly, making it increasingly difficult to get updates on my orders. Despite multiple attempts to reach out via email, phone, and even Instagram, I've received no response, leading me to eventually file a chargeback on my card.

I'm now actively seeking a new supplier that can offer parachutes with fewer connecting lines and deployment bags with built-in chutes for seamless deployment. Any recommendations for a reliable alternative would be greatly appreciated.
Julie at Spherachutes has excellent chutes and outstanding customer servic

Sandvoxel stated in his first post:

"I'm now actively seeking a new supplier that can offer parachutes with fewer connecting lines and deployment bags with built-in chutes for seamless deployment. Any recommendations for a reliable alternative would be greatly appreciated."

That eliminates Top Flight and Spherachutes. I own both of these brands, and anything over a 36" chute is a pain to pack. That's why most of my larger rockets have Recon or SkyAngle Cert 3 chutes. It doesn't get any easier than that.
I just packed one of the few Spherachutes I own today, goes in a Mongoose 75, there's a reason I only have a few. Also have dozens of Top flight chutes, mostly in smaller rockets that use 36" or smaller chutes. Not as bad as Spherachutes, but still more shroud lines than I like.
Skyangle also makes deployment bags:

http://www.b2rocketry.com/freebag.htm

Hello there! Can you please give me a call at (612) 599-2292 to help you out on this issue, to see if your order was stuck in shipment or what happened on your order, I truly do apologize for past issues and want to make sure we can send you a new order free of charge for my mistakes. Thanks you so much!
Buddy Michaelson
Rocketman Parachutes

Back