Rocketman Enterprises

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I realize I am probably just pissing up a rope by asking this question, but, some people seem to have established contact with Buddy - what email are you using? I have been using the [email protected] email (only one I could find on the website). Is there another email that actually works and someone at RM will read?

I've had the most success with phone. I've had actions taken as a result of an email, but very little in the way of response.

I received my Thanksgiving sale order last week and it looks great. I was not in a huge rush and I think they got back logged. I admit towards the last month I was getting concerned, but Buddy came through.

@mtnmanak, I agree phone is best. Next time I talk to Buddy, I can check in for your chute. I am guessing that is a specialty item.

I received my Thanksgiving sale order last week and it looks great. I was not in a huge rush and I think they got back logged. I admit towards the last month I was getting concerned, but Buddy came through.

@mtnmanak, I agree phone is best. Next time I talk to Buddy, I can check in for your chute. I am guessing that is a specialty item.

Thanks Alex - Still hoping this gets resolved in a satisfactory manner. Called a couple times last week and left messages. No response.

Had a wonderful series of text from Buddy Michaelson the other day ........
He is working on things to make it right !!
Thank You Buddy & Rocket-man Enterprises.

Some day he may get Nose Cones for that Showtime Kit

Steve at front range is outstanding and when I wanted a 24 footer he actually had Ben at Valkyrie contact me, both guys are top notch in product, communication, and service
Ben is one of THE nicest guys in the hobby. If nobody knows who he is, he used to run BAMA Chutes until some issues arose with someone else in the hobby and then he got more involved with commercial stuff like NASA and the Electron rocket a year or two ago. Valkyrie is his commercial business and he's started to venture into the hobby side again.

Had a wonderful series of text from Buddy Michaelson the other day ........
He is working on things to make it right !!
Thank You Buddy & Rocket-man Enterprises.

Some day he may get Nose Cones for that Showtime Kit
Don't let him fool you. He is spending his time traveling and not working on the business.
1710425736130.png

For me, the pursuit of the parachute from my Black Friday 2023 order has come to an end. I submitted a dispute with my CC company at the begining of March. They gave the vendor 30 days to respond. According to the bank, the vendor never responded to the dispute, so they refunded my money today. I honestly would have rather had the parachute, but, at least for me, I am no worse for wear on this one.

Wonder who he had to sleep with to get that close to Starship lol
The entire complex adjoins a lot of public land. It's really easy to get photos like that without knowing anyone, which is one of the reasons it is such a great place to visit. One of our club members was just there and took a lot of very similar photos, including one on the beach in a chair with the Starship in the background. He also took a helicopter tour that circled the entire Starbase and got some just amazing views and video.

Unless there is a launch or test, much of the land is not restricted. You can see that by watching many of the Youtube videos that have cameras stationed not far from the facility.

Tony

So are we talking months for delivery of items that appear in stock? Sounds like another company that just sold out (again) to Wildman.. I put in an order 3 weeks ago and talked to buddy last week and said my order would be out in a couple days. I tried to give him my order number but he didnt want it (my guess is he wqsnt anywhere he could look it up). I have my doubts now that I read all of this.. I did get my Christmas gift of 2 drogue chutes from the black friday sale.. delivered before christmas.. so I feel a bit luckier than some

Not responding is not good practice, but if its a guy whose been stand up for a while, perhaps some forgiveness is in order.

Regarding the shipping issue, I think there's a lot of weirdness. I bought an ION altimeter kit from Eggtimer, on the theory that buying a $20 kit beats spending $45 on a prebuilt unit. So then I went and had to buy a Haako soldering station for $120. Ahem.

Anyway, the Haako got lost in Buffalo. For two days, they couldn't find it. UPS lost the box. Today, it shows up at my door. Two days late, but it got here. Still, they lost the box (!). Geez.

On the plus side, Cris at Eggtimer has been great - good advice, and the kit was shipped promptly. Arrives tomorrow.

Not responding is not good practice, but if its a guy whose been stand up for a while, perhaps some forgiveness is in order.
I agree with that. Buddy has been great and he is super nice and very helpful when I talked with him. I hope whatever has been causing these issues resolves since I want to continue being a customer.

I agree with that. Buddy has been great and he is super nice and very helpful when I talked with him. I hope whatever has been causing these issues resolves since I want to continue being a customer.
Unfortunately these issues have been going on for the last few years, and becoming more and more frequent and widespread, with the focus more on hiding the truth than sending product.

IIRC, Gary Kildall declined to sign a license with IBM for his CP/M operating system and (again, this story may be apocryphal) Kildall blew off a meeting with IBM by going flying. Bill Gates did not waste the oportunity, and signed a deal with IBM for DOS. Point is, if you go flying or climbing towers you're gonna face consequences.
The young man would probably be better served by selling the business to someone who wants to run a business...

Unfortunately these issues have been going on for the last few years, and becoming more and more frequent and widespread, with the focus more on hiding the truth than sending product.
I can only speak from experience and what I am reading. Buddy never *wronged* me and only worried me with longer than expected delays. I received everything I ordered and some of the items were customized. I understand some folks never received their orders and hopefully they will. The situation is very bizarre and maybe some of the folks reading these posts who know Buddy well can talk to him and try to help.

I can only speak from experience and what I am reading. Buddy never *wronged* me and only worried me with longer than expected delays. I received everything I ordered and some of the items were customized. I understand some folks never received their orders and hopefully they will. The situation is very bizarre and maybe some of the folks reading these posts who know Buddy well can talk to him and try to help.
I know someone who has an order since Nov. 2023. He has emailed Buddy at least 2 times with no answer back. If there is something going on with Rocketman. Buddy needs to tell his customers.

Back