Rocketman Enterprises

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For what it’s worth on recent interactions with Rocketman. I placed an order on Jan 11 for a 4’ chute. Other than the auto-receipt email right after I clicked BUY, I never heard a word from them.

Pinged Ky’s email yesterday AM to inquire on status and it was in the mailbox when I got home on Jan 22. Shot him a reply saying it had showed-up, looked great and disregard my email.

Never received any feedback. I think they’re the strong silent type. Product looks great! I just don’t think they’re overly communicative.

Yeah, I ordered a 40 foot chute on Black Friday and have attempted to contact them as well, with no replies.

It sounds like they are slowly getting the BF orders out to people, so still hopeful.

Just called their phone number and Buddy answered. He said they just received the part in my order they were waiting on and would be shipping ASAP. The tone in his voice about just receiving that part was convincing, so I am going to believe he was being honest with me (for now). Let's see what happens.

I wanna see the rocket:)
Working on some new ones! I already have a Rocketman 50 footer for my "big" rockets, but looking for a 40 footer to fit in that ~200 pound range. I am working out the details of building a full scale (12" diameter) Jayhawk. I have all the parts need to do that in PML glassed phenolic (including the 11.5" nosecones) and that one will probably come in at about 100 pounds on the pad, but I also have most of the parts to build one in FWFG, but I do not have the nosecones for that. Once I figure out the nosecone issues, I am figuring that rocket will come in around 200 pounds on the pad. Perfect for a 40 footer.

I wanna see the rocket:)

One of these days, I need to get the build thread for my 12" Darkstar posted. It has a core 98mm motor mount with 6 x 75mm motors around the core. When it is all loaded for a Class 3 flight, it is really heavy. I have pictures and video from the build, just need to get them online at some point. Planning to bring it to LDRS and launch it just on an O5500 - I don't want to go through the hassle this Spring of registering a Class 3 flight, so just a small hop and pop :)

Add me to the list. Ordered two Kevlar harnesses on 12/26. No acknowledgement nor shipping notification. I emailed yesterday ad await a response.

No acknowledgement nor shipping notification.
When I order parachutes: (the only things I've ordered)...Usually the only acknowledgement is the automated one from the order/payment system. Then they just show up at some future point. I don't think any have gone past the 3 week mark. (They are all his standard type, and 10ft or less.)

I called and left a Voicemail with Buddy this morning, inquiring about not only the Chute Release that Buddy noted on the packing slip as "sent separately" but also a few packs of bulkhead wire retainers that were not included in the order.

I also emailed, and mentioned the email in the voicemail.

No reply or callback yet. I still don't see anything inbound on the usual shipping services tracking portals.

Just wanted to let everyone know that my Black Friday order arrived today. I haven't pulled everything out yet to make sure it's all there, but at a glance it looks good.

I have ordered a couple of Apollo 11 chutes which were delivered in reasonable time. My only criticism is that the shroud lines are hopelessly tangled because they are not sewn on the same gore.

My order from 12/26/2023 arrived today. All is well, although 6 weeks to fulfill an order is a bit long. Still glad to have the items.

My order from 11 Nov 23 arrived about two weeks ago. One piece short. Emailed over a week ago and have heard nothing. This was my first experience with this vendor. Not promising.

- WK

At last, the final line item from my Black Friday order with Rocketman arrived today, a few days after the deadline I gave Buddy to have it in my hands before I initiated a charge-back for the undelivered items. Buddy told me last Monday that it shipped out that day, but USPS didn't receive it until last Wednesday.

Hm, what are the odds that I'll be willing to play this game again?

Seems like things have gotten so inconsistent over there.. no answers.
I’d suggest checking out Front Range Recovery. Steve is great. Great customer service and consistent quality

The last time I got any info from Rocketman was Jan 13th. He stated: "Paul, you will be getting it"

I asked if they found a new supplier for the Nose Cones....
But, since then there has been no reply to any of my inquiries .....by neither KY nor Buddy.
How I am not suppose to feel like I've been blown off.... I am still hopeful !!!!
****, I ordered the Showtime Kit in August 2023... Its now the End of February 2024

I’d suggest checking out Front Range Recovery. Steve is great. Great customer service and consistent quality
+1

Why do we even have rules if they are not enforced?

Complaints about vendors, or their service, should not be done on the open forum.

Complaints about vendors, or their service, should not be done on the open forum.
The description of this subforum is "Forum to discuss reviews of both products and Vendors. Please keep everything very civil."

Where else would people go to discuss ongoing issues with a vendor? Seems very cut and dry.

Steve at front range is outstanding and when I wanted a 24 footer he actually had Ben at Valkyrie contact me, both guys are top notch in product, communication, and service

Sorry to upset you ...I am not trying to bad mouth Rocketman, I am merely trying to find out if I am just a bad customer, or if others have experienced issues.
I have been a part of this Forum for a long time and have gotten an incredible amount of knowledge form its members and Vendors.
It seems VERY odd to me that a customer could send multiple interactions trying to get information on an order per say, and get nothing in return...…..
Rocketman has been in the Rocketry/Parachute business along time, and has been well respected in this small hobby community, also, a very long time.

My appologies to those offended..............

Well, If I placed an order 3+ months ago (I did) for a $625 parachute (it was) and I hadn't yet heard anything from the vendor (I haven't) after repeated attempts to contact (phone and email), I would think other people may want to know, especially if this is a pattern that is being repeated over and over again?

That isn't a "complaint", it is a PSA.

Sorry to upset you ...I am not trying to bad mouth Rocketman, I am merely trying to find out if I am just a bad customer, or if others have experienced issues.
I have been a part of this Forum for a long time and have gotten an incredible amount of knowledge form its members and Vendors.
It seems VERY odd to me that a customer could send multiple interactions trying to get information on an order per say, and get nothing in return...…..
Rocketman has been in the Rocketry/Parachute business along time, and has been well respected in this small hobby community, also, a very long time.

My appologies to those offended..............

You didn’t do anything wrong.

That isn't a "complaint", it is a PSA.
It was exactly these types of PSAs that always alerted everyone that Curtis had gone south again.......and let everyone know that they weren't alone in being screwed over, and kept others from boarding a sinking ship.

So, these types of threads have value, especially in establishing a trend that can be searched here!

And issues at RM are becoming MUCH more prevalent. Just use the search function here, or the NAR and Tripoli FB page. Hardly a month goes by without a new question like these.

At least you used to be able to track them down on social media and create a fuss and shame them into delivering.......but even that's not working anymore (where have we seen that before?).

But, hey.....at least they aren't posting that they're working 18 hours a day 6 days a week to fulfill orders......while posting on their personal FB page from Everest basecamp like the fiberglass guy did.

Yet.

Back