Quest website being updated (any minute/hour/day now)

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally posted by Bohica
Because the only place to get them is online. If Quest markets this motor it might be available at my local retailers.

Hi Bohica,

A serious market research qustion here for you.

What makes buying online different for you then buying from one of your local retailers.

Also, if you can, can you name the local retailers you would like to see the motors you buy placed in ?

thanks

Originally posted by Art Upton
Hi Bohica,

What makes buying online different for you then buying from one of your local retailers.

Also, if you can, can you name the local retailers you would like to see the motors you buy placed in ?

thanks

Given the choice I would rather buy something from a local store where I can touch, feel and immediately have the item I want. I know of several stores in my area that carry Quest, but not Aerotech. These shops will get the Quest Ds in when they become available.

Hi Bohica,

thanks

Art...I really see no need. What's the issue here with you anyway?

Originally posted by shockwaveriderz
Now this is NEWS!
No, by Fred's own words it's just hearsay and false information. He's distorted the facts. Remember, I was trying to get him to tell us on page 1 (although a lot of that discussion got cut by the moderators) what Quest had to say about their 18mm D motor. He finally posted what's on Quest's website, but stated that people were sworn to secrecy at NARAM in regards to the extra information that was said there.

So, take what he's now stated with a grain of salt I guess. ;) Or, maybe he can't keep a secret? :p

Originally posted by Bohica
Art...I really see no need. What's the issue here with you anyway?

no real issue.

I'm just trying to figure out why some wish to buy "motor in hand" rather then order online.

I've got the info I need now I think, thanks !

no real issue.

I'm just trying to figure out why some wish to buy "motor in hand" rather then order online.

From my one response? I feel so important;)

:D

That's why Bob is not working on a classified program.

Loose lips.

Bad bob. Naughty Bob. We must spank you now. (Or did Bill say it was OK to leak this now? If so, can we still spank you?)

Originally posted by Ltvscout
No, by Fred's own words it's just hearsay and false information. He's distorted the facts. Remember, I was trying to get him to tell us on page 1 (although a lot of that discussion got cut by the moderators) what Quest had to say about their 18mm D motor. He finally posted what's on Quest's website, but stated that people were sworn to secrecy at NARAM in regards to the extra information that was said there.

So, take what he's now stated with a grain of salt I guess. ;) Or, maybe he can't keep a secret? :p

Originally posted by rokitflite
Given the choice I would rather buy something from a local store where I can touch, feel and immediately have the item I want. [...]

So, it's an impulse buy?

Sorry, I tried to resist. :D

I wasn't asked, but I'll respond to the market question anyway...

I perfer to buy locally if at all possible for 3 major reasons.
1) support local stores.
2) physically being able to see a product
3) instant gratification. Cost and time for shipping are a pain sometimes.

The reasons I'll shop online.
1) cost. Almost always cheaper online, sometimes even with shipping.
2) selection. MUCH larger selection online vs. local
3) ananimity. I can order just about anything and not have to worry what anyone thinks. Not that I order things that would require it, but I like having it anyway.

I have a few stores locally that sell rocketry related items. Holly Lobby and HobbyTown USA are the two that I've been to. Hobby Lobby has nearly no motors while HobbyTown USA has the full line of Estes and some of the AeroTech line. If HobbyTown USA were to stock the AeroTech RMS lines better, I don't think I'd order motors online anymore, but they don't, so I do.

Those are my opinions...not that you asked.

-Aaron

Originally posted by heada
I wasn't asked, but I'll respond to the market question anyway...

I perfer to buy locally if at all possible for 3 major reasons.
1) support local stores.
2) physically being able to see a product
3) instant gratification. Cost and time for shipping are a pain sometimes.

The reasons I'll shop online.
1) cost. Almost always cheaper online, sometimes even with shipping.
2) selection. MUCH larger selection online vs. local
3) ananimity. I can order just about anything and not have to worry what anyone thinks. Not that I order things that would require it, but I like having it anyway.

I have a few stores locally that sell rocketry related items. Holly Lobby and HobbyTown USA are the two that I've been to. Hobby Lobby has nearly no motors while HobbyTown USA has the full line of Estes and some of the AeroTech line. If HobbyTown USA were to stock the AeroTech RMS lines better, I don't think I'd order motors online anymore, but they don't, so I do.

Those are my opinions...not that you asked.

-Aaron

Why thanks Aaron !

no real issue.

Your quite welcome. I'm glad you got what you were looking for...:rolleyes:

scott:

well I'm not so much excited by the idea of a 18mm quest D as I am for what might come after....

For example once you have that 18mm cases, ABCD in 18 mm is very possible.... and then you add in a drill your own delay....way cool

thats what excites me if any of this is true....

the only problem that I can see with model rocket LMS is that minors may not be able to purchase and use.... although I'm sure AT/RCS has already figured this one out too...

Now if AT/RCs would just make BP ABC slugs for their 18mm LMS......THAT would be REVOLUTIONARY!

can 13mm LMS be far behind?

estes better watch out.....

all of the above is pure speculation on my part of course ....

terry dean
nar a1615

Did you really mean LMS and not RMS?

I must have missed any mention of 18mm LMS anywhere in the past or present.

I've seen 29mm LMS.

Originally posted by shockwaveriderz
scott:

well I'm not so much excited by the idea of a 18mm quest D as I am for what might come after....

For example once you have that 18mm cases, ABCD in 18 mm is very possible.... and then you add in a drill your own delay....way cool

thats what excites me if any of this is true....

the only problem that I can see with model rocket LMS is that minors may not be able to purchase and use.... although I'm sure AT/RCS has already figured this one out too...

Now if AT/RCs would just make BP ABC slugs for their 18mm LMS......THAT would be REVOLUTIONARY!

can 13mm LMS be far behind?

estes better watch out.....

all of the above is pure speculation on my part of course ....

terry dean
nar a1615

Well, I imputed the whole "feel" of everyone in the thread and the underlying tone to get my sample balanced :)

May I still feel important?:(

Hi Gleen, can you help me here please ?

I'm trying to do some market research and you seem to have a line on something I'm trying to figure out.

You state up above the Quest D motor will be the same as the AT D motor, and you state that when quest brings them out, you will buy them.

What is keeping you from buying them today from Aero-Tech ?

I ask this seriously, not jokingly like I do with Fred.

Let me know please.

Art

Hey Art,

Nothing stopping me really from buying them now. I picked up 2 not long ago from a ROL auction and if I really needed I would go online for more, but the fact is no hobby shop around me has them. I am one of those that prefers to buy locally rather than online if possible, so I am hopeful that I will be able to once the Quest come out.

Glenn

Back