Any UpDate on Jolly Logic Altimeter Three (JL-A3)

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

scschulte

Reaction score
It has been well over 18 months that I have been trying to purchase a Jolly Logic Altimeter Three (JL-A3). I'm on the mailing list to receive updates but have never received anything (likely because I'd only get an eMail if it were available – and it seems it is not available…)

Just wondering if anyone has purchased a JL-A3 in the past year or if anyone has heard anything. Last I heard from John was 19 August 2022 - total redesign with new parts he says. I'm wondering if they may just do a new one (Altimeter Four??) -- I guess they have enough other products to remain in business. I still have a fine Altimeter Two but the Altimeter Three was so much better with the ability to connect to my iPhone… (Altimeter Three did not survive my 200 mph lawn dart back in 2021… amazing that I was able to dig the Frenzy out of the ground and rebuild & fly it in 10 days! Somehow the Stratologger CF survived and works!)

OK just hope this Altimeter Three product will be available soon. Thanks for any comments or updates.

Steve on Monday 24 April 2023

It seems it's not listed on the JL website any more. One can only speculate as to the issue... I'd guess there is an unobtainable key component.
I also noticed that the Altimeter-3 is no longer even listed as a product on the Jolly Logic website. BUT on 12 Nov 2023 - the owner John Beans replied to my eMail saying this: "Still planning to bring Altimeter 3 back. They are built. Finishing software". That's more than encouraging - hope he's got 100,000 in stock! LOL! - what a great little altimeter! I'll get a new one (crashed mine at 200 mph… in 2021)… -- hope they are available by Spring! Steve on Saturday 30 December 2023 - Happy New Year 2024!!

I also noticed that the Altimeter-3 is no longer even listed as a product on the Jolly Logic website. BUT on 12 Nov 2023 - the owner John Beans replied to my eMail saying this: "Still planning to bring Altimeter 3 back. They are built. Finishing software". That's more than encouraging - hope he's got 100,000 in stock! LOL! - what a great little altimeter! I'll get a new one (crashed mine at 200 mph… in 2021)… -- hope they are available by Spring! Steve on Saturday 30 December 2023 - Happy New Year 2024!!
Awesome news! I'm hoping that the new software will allow the backup of the database so that when you change phones you won't lose your old flights.

The email I received gave me the impression that they would be available in November.

When I saw that they had removed it from their website, I pretty much gave up at that point.

He asked everyone to pull it down as he has no return estimate and didn't want to pay for Bluetooth licensing for next year without a date planned.

Thanks for a little bit of added detail, Chris.

I suspect that he, like Russ Parrish, who also has a Bluetooth product for which folks are eagerly awaiting, has had other priorities in his life lately. But that's just speculation on my part....

Fortunately existing devices don't seem to know/care about whatever licensing that is.

Back